***Official June 2019***

Leaving tmrw and checked weather for 1st time. Not looking great. Anything u bring to prepare for a week of rain other than ponchos, umbrella, body glide?

Leaving Monday! I’m packed and have all the family stuff packed. Teens and husband haven’t packed a thing! 😜
I thought that only happened at my house! I like to know I have everything ahead of time, while they think they do better packing last minute. Drives me crazy, but I just have learned to bite my tongue!

Leaving tmrw and checked weather for 1st time. Not looking great. Anything u bring to prepare for a week of rain other than ponchos, umbrella, body glide?
Extra shoes, hats so I don't have to worry about doing my hair (or whatever works for you), DH always brings a small hand or gym towel for wiping off seats, and baggies to put things in that you don't want to get soaked in case you're caught in a downpour.

I'm not sure if you have been before during this time but basically afternoon pop up storms are common. It usually rains mid afternoon from anywhere between 20 min and an hour or so. We usually take our break during that time. But ponchos and sandals are great for that if you are sticking it out.

I've been on the July thread since most of our trip is in July. But we actually arrive on June 28 for the DAH at HS. So we are getting excited that we are leaving in a few weeks!

If it does indeed rain a lot, my biggest concern would be shoes. I hate waking around in wet shoes. We usually pack our Keens or Tevas. I would think any type of water sandals would work...that way it doesn't matter if it's wet or dry. Plus they are much more secure and reliable than flip flops, which we only use at the pool. Just an idea!

Here now. Carribean Beach Resort. We are enjoying our time. Crowds have seemed rather light. Went to IOA today. Rope dropped it and did all major rides and some others as well as a sit down lunch and left by 2:00. We did not have early entry or express pass. Longest wait was 20 minutes. It’s hot but very doable. Doing HS tomorrow evening and MK Friday evening. Teens want some sleep in time so we won’t be able to rope drop.

I'm not sure if you have been before during this time but basically afternoon pop up storms are common. It usually rains mid afternoon from anywhere between 20 min and an hour or so. We usually take our break during that time. But ponchos and sandals are great for that if you are sticking it out.

U sensed it, Lol, we visit twice a year but 1st time tackling the Summer. We’ve modified our plans around the hottest part of the day and very flexible this trip. We’re n the air now, after 2 hr maintenance delay, and looking forward to getting there soon:).

Speaking of rain- does anyone actually use umbrellas in the parks? We went at the same time in June 5 years ago and it only rained a for about an hour or so each afternoon. Right now it shows rain continuing for a while and it is already night back there. We are planning on bringing rain jackets this time. We did the poncho route last time and only used them a few times because they are so big and bulky. I wasn't planning on umbrellas, but maybe we should???

Speaking of rain- does anyone actually use umbrellas in the parks? We went at the same time in June 5 years ago and it only rained a for about an hour or so each afternoon. Right now it shows rain continuing for a while and it is already night back there. We are planning on bringing rain jackets this time. We did the poncho route last time and only used them a few times because they are so big and bulky. I wasn't planning on umbrellas, but maybe we should???
The only person I've ever seen in the parks carrying an umbrella was that Poppins lady. :-)

I've seen lots of people with umbrellas! Just the other day we had a pop up shower in HS and lots of people got out umbrellas. It seemed a lot more convenient when you only needed it for a couple minutes. But I have seen them all over being used by guests and cast members.

I've seen VIP Tour Guides carrying them for guests :rotfl:

Here now and having a great time. Today was our first park day. We had a very early start at MK for EMH. Crowds were very manageable really moderate actually. We left midday for some pool time and will be heading to AK this evening. Weather is hot of course but there has been some cloud cover and a brief rain shower earlier.
When we went to check into CBR yesterday I noticed they had us in a pirate room. I booked a standard room back in March. Well they over sold the resort! After declining the pirate room and a few other resorts (AoA and CSR) we were offered The Beach Club! Needless to say we are enjoying our unexpected upgrade!

Personally I would advise against umbrellas just because I’ve actually seen a woman get struck by lightening at Sea World once that was using one. She was okay but paramedics had to check her over. Kinda put me off using them in Florida tbh Plus it can be really crowded on some of the walkways with not a lot of room to pass by people.

We take lightweight rain coats with us now and just fold them up in our backpacks.

Personally I would advise against umbrellas just because I’ve actually seen a woman get struck by lightening at Sea World once that was using one. She was okay but paramedics had to check her over. Kinda put me off using them in Florida tbh Plus it can be really crowded on some of the walkways with not a lot of room to pass by people.

We take lightweight rain coats with us now and just fold them up in our backpacks.
Ok! o_OForget the umbrella! I am so not used to lightning where we live! I'll stick with my rain coat plan.

Here now and having a great time. Today was our first park day. We had a very early start at MK for EMH. Crowds were very manageable really moderate actually. We left midday for some pool time and will be heading to AK this evening. Weather is hot of course but there has been some cloud cover and a brief rain shower earlier.
When we went to check into CBR yesterday I noticed they had us in a pirate room. I booked a standard room back in March. Well they over sold the resort! After declining the pirate room and a few other resorts (AoA and CSR) we were offered The Beach Club! Needless to say we are enjoying our unexpected upgrade!

That is an *awesome* upgrade! Have fun!

What an amazing upgrade! Enjoy the close access to Epcot and DHS!

Just wondering- why did you not want the pirate room? Is there a disadvantage to them vs. other rooms at CBR? We want to stay at CBR at some point so I was curious.

Hey folks! I'm back and somewhat rested/caught up with work. I'll be updating the thread tomorrow with any new travelers now that I have some time to work on the thread. I wanted to give a few thoughts and I can answer any questions from "on the ground" so to speak.

1. The DAS was a game-changer for me. I didn't seek it right away but after a few days in the heat, it was super evident that I was not going to be able to last so I went ahead and got it. It really did help in some of those scenarios where there was an outdoor line that spiked up really fast and no way I would be able to handle standing in it. This happened a few times (Haunted Mansion) was a good example as well as Tower of Terror. Moving on to my second point...
2. If you didn't know already, they are renovating part of Tower of Terror which means the capacity and FP distribution is way down. Even rope-dropping is not a guarantee as people probably notice the long waits and plan to get there early another day and well that causes some back-ups too. What's worse is, the day we planned to rope-drop that one both Tower of Terror and Rock N Rollercoaster were down, and that was hugely frustrating. Of course, there's no way you can know going into it but don't forget.
3. Rope-drop was not great to us this year as we experienced a lot of the desired rides being down first thing. Maybe it's my aura, I don't know. But after Space Mountain on a Tuesday and then the two aforementioned rides in Hollywood Studios the next day, I was not in the mood to try it out. I was glad I had those 9:30 fastpasses because that helped in timing things out very well.
4. People are still super weird and territorial about pool loungers. This family swore up and down we moved their stuff and stole their seats. But they just left wet towels on them and the staff clear those off regularly. So we had no way of knowing. They were continually rude about it for about an hour and honestly it made for a bad afternoon for our party. I thought about complaining to the front desk but honestly it's not the resort's fault these people can't read the sign. It was funny because they assumed we were not actually staying there, for some reason. Maybe they thought DVC weren't allowed to use that pool, who knows. But we told them to read the signage, mind their own business and move on. Finally, they left and it was a lot more peaceful after that.

Overall I think we had a really great time with friends but we might stick with just the two of us for now. They wanted to do totally different stuff but now I know how to better ask what others want to do because "Oh whatever you guys want!" is probably going to disappoint someone who doesn't like certain types of rides.

Anyway, I hope those of you there now are having a great time and those going soon are having an easy time of getting ready!

What an amazing upgrade! Enjoy the close access to Epcot and DHS!

Just wondering- why did you not want the pirate room? Is there a disadvantage to them vs. other rooms at CBR? We want to stay at CBR at some point so I was curious.
Yes we are definitely enjoying the Beach Club. Just returning to the room after an afternoon pool break. The Pirate rooms at CBR have double beds. Which we could do for a night or two. But for a five night stay it would have been uncomfortable we are use to sleeping in a queen bed. Being well rested on a Disney vacation is a must!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!