*** Official June 2020 ***

our flight for June 27 is still same nonstop, flying from BDL. Also using sw for sept 24th nonstop. Our return flights are with Jetblue no changes on those ends either.

Southwest and other airlines have pulled many of their planes from service....consolidating their schedules. Both of my flights Phl - Mco have been changed. We are leaving June 3. That is, we are scheduled to leave then.

My husband and I have a trip booked 6/5-9. Both flights have been changed this week, I had to change some FPs and dining reservations today.

I just had to cancel my Frontier flight. They eliminated the June 17th flight from Chicago, changed it to a flight on the 18th with a layover in TX. Back to the drawing board, I’m not sure how long I should wait before trying to book something else.

We just cancelled our June 6-13th trip :( . Just didn't feel right for us. But we are hoping it works out for those that are hanging in there! Sucks to cancel too, as we had Riviera one bedrooms for less than the normal price for a Poly studio. We just went in February and have a September 2020 trip as well so we had some flexibility.

@wonderchica Our FP day is 12 days out. I don't even have a solid plan bc I'm sure they will be opening the parks in stages. So that means both SWGE rides are out if they don't allow any inside attractions, that's some speculation on the boards. I don't have any solid plans.

I did FP this morning and it wasn't great.

SW changed flights yesterday from nonstops in the middle of the day to layovers in the evening. So, at least I knew before FP day that instead of a half day on arrival, we'd have a half day on departure. Though it might change again.

How’s everyone’s FP+ going? I heard a lot of people are having a hard time getting good FP.
I am going June 1-6. I got good Fastpasses, but they seem to be very limited and it seems the further in the month your trip is, less is available, so longer trips are snatching up the limited availability. It was the hardest fastpass day I’ve ever done. I have a lot more afternoon and evening Fastpasses than ever before. But it seems like right now, they are anticipating all the rides and character meets, and evening events to be open. I couldn’t find Big Thunder for my week, but I’ve also heard it was due for a May refurb, and others have said they hit it by calling. But I got FOP, MMRR, Smuggler’s Run, Test Track, RNRC, 7DMT, Midway Mania, TOT, and Peter Pan. All in all, I’m happy as long as they are actually open. I’m starting to wonder if they are going to severely limit crowds in June, or just release more Fastpasses the day of to keep people of long queues.

Doing my fastpasses on Friday but there are talks that school will going until June 30th. So even if Disney does open we may have to cancel. I hate that everything is up in the air but what can you do?

Last edited:
Doing my fastpasses on Friday but there are talks that school will going until June 30th (Lancaster PA). So even if Disney does open we may have to cancel. I hate that everything is up in the air but what can you do?
Hi. I live in Pa too. I thought that the school year for Pa was not being extended. Our trip begins on June 24th.

PA schools are more flexible by district, not just state and county. We are in York County, and have been told we are still done by the normal date, but our district is approved for FID (Flexible Instruction Days)- so even normally when there is a snow day, we can still do instruction at home via google classroom. I think that's a lot of it as I think it's like 65 of the 500 districts in the state are approved for that.

Our 6/20 flight with SW was changed last night. Instead of leaving at 5:30am our flight leaves at 9am. Still nonstop though, so it’s not a terrible loss.

My FP day was 4/6 and it didn't go well. I couldn't get any of the popular rides. If we get to go, it looks like we will be standing in long lines. Hopefully, after this virus scare, they will dial back the number of people they allow into the parks each day.

We got up at 3:30am today to book our FP when they opened for us at 4am our time, and we didn't see any availability for FoP, SDD, MMRR, 7DMT, and I forgot what else. We did get MFSR and FEA, though. And it did seem like there weren't as many FP times available for some attractions that I thought would be easy to get. Our TA said that she and other agents were noticing the same thing, and they suspect that there's some FP being held back for some reason.

Anyway, we're still thinking that it's about 75% likely that we'll be postponing the trip until June 2021, so we decided this morning was our practice run at making our FP+ selections in MDE. My last WDW trip was so long ago that none of us had smart phones when we went! :rotfl:

I suspect that there will be some kind of limited options if the parks do indeed open by June 1, and since this is most likely a "once in a lifetime" trip for our crew, we don't want to go and not be able to experience most of the things we want to do. We're still in the wait and see mode, but thankfully we booked with a great TA who will help us if/when we do decide to postpone the trip for a year. And if we put it off, then we'll just have to hop down to DLR for a quick visit this fall next winter to get our Disney fix before the big WDW trip!

How’s everyone’s FP+ going? I heard a lot of people are having a hard time getting good FP.
I didn’t have great success for 8-14, no minnies rail road Any day and FOP only on the last day...

I’m still not sure this trip will even happen, but we shall see!

I didn’t have great success for 8-14, no minnies rail road Any day and FOP only on the last day...

I’m still not sure this trip will even happen, but we shall see!

I’m trying to decide if it’s even worth waking up early to do FP+ for our 06/12-06/19 trip, or if I’ll just log in whenever during that day and take what I can get. At this point since I’m not convinced we will even be able to go AND the reports of bad FP availability, plus spending the day homeschooling kids, it’s really hard to find the motivation to get up early and do it.

I’m trying to decide if it’s even worth waking up early to do FP+ for our 06/12-06/19 trip, or if I’ll just log in whenever during that day and take what I can get. At this point since I’m not convinced we will even be able to go AND the reports of bad FP availability, plus spending the day homeschooling kids, it’s really hard to find the motivation to get up early and do it.
I didn’t do it right at 7, maybe 715? But I’m up with my kids so no issue for me... but I wouldn’t blame you for not getting up early for this.

Southwest changed my flight as well, luckily it gets me there an hour earlier than my original flight :)

Anyway, I am hesitant to buy my park ticket until I know it will be open. If they are not, will they let me use the ticket in the future? I know you have to tell them which days you are using the ticket. I plan on being there the 26th-29th, actually arriving on the 25th and leaving on the 30th but those are non park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!