*** Official June 2020 ***

Hallo lovely people!

Joining as month is now firm. We’ll be having a split stay between Poly villas and CSR GDT.

We’ve gone once in August and definitely had to modify touring to not be in parks in the afternoons due the heat, but summer allows a longer trip so that made the decision. It makes me be more relaxed, anyway.

It will be me and the kids. Depending on overall FP tiering and SWGE FP situation at DHS, I might try to see if anyone wants to split a VIP tour to hit up all the biggies.

We officially booked this weekend! Well be staying at Coronado Springs, it will be our first time there! Today I decided to take some time and start planning what parks which days and thinking about dining plans! I'm trying to balance our favorite dining spots with new places; That's a tough one!
Agree! I decided years ago that it was better to soak in the experience and enjoy the trip rather than trying to get to everything. Our priority this trip will be the things we can't do at DLR, since it will be a first time WDW trip for the rest of the group. If we have time and energy, we can pick up the rides that overlap to see the differences, but we'll focus on the things unique to WDW. The result of that planning is that we're actually planning on spending less time at MK than most people would, because so much of what is there is also at DLR. Epcot and AK become higher priorities, and HS is a mix. It's a different way of organizing a trip than I've done in the past, but I think it will work well for us.
Right now we're focusing on figuring out where we can eat, given that one member of the party has some very strict dietary requirements, but doesn't like to make a big deal of it. We're going over all the menus and plotting out what will work, and figuring out where we can supplement with food we bring with us. Once we know which restaurants will work, then we'll sit down and figure out where we want to get our ADR's. The accountant in our group is having a blast making spreadsheets for everything! I'm happy to leave that to her - I'll just do all the research and send the info her way. lol!
Sounds like me. I want to plan a few favorite meals and try some new ones. It also depends on whether or not my son is able to get off work and go with us or if it will just be my daughter and I.

Hi everyone. I'm making my first ever solo trip in June
8-13th June 2020, at WL!
Right now, I am planned to go at the same time as you. But I might have to change my dates if my son can go.

We normally have gone in the winter, so, any handy hints and tips for travelling in June?
Drink lots of water, take a break midday - either at the resort or just plan a sit down meal in the middle of the day where you are guaranteed a table with air conditioning . It is frustrating when everyone is hot and tired and all the quick service areas are packed with little air conditioning/tables available.

Ooh, Maybe see you in territory lounge! WL is so special for me - I had my wedding dinner in AP in 2010 (ceremony at the YC) I'm super lucky to be planning this trip to reconnect with that, and collect some things to make 10th anniversary WDW hampers for my husband and the children. Sadly, he is too ill to fly that far, and, to take the children without him was a step too far, given the emotional baggage...
Sorry to hear that your family is dealing with your husband's illness. I hope your trip to WDW helps relax and rejuvenate you. It is hard to be a care giver/supporter for someone who is dealing with an illness.

I’ve had my vacation booked for several months before I got my pin code. Mine was up 25% off. It was 20% for the value where we are staying. I wanna say it was like 15% for the moderates, or at least Port Orleans where we sometimes stay and then 25% on the deluxe and above. It saved me right around $200 which isn’t a ton, but it does help.
This is FANTASTIC NEWS that you received a pin code even though you already had a trip booked. There is hope I might get one too! If so, I might upgrade my resort.

We ordered our magic bands this weekend. It’s stupid cold here right now, so I am fantasizing about this summer and how nice and warm it will be when we are in Disney. I’ve gone several times in July, so hopefully it won’t be quite as hot as those trips. DBF and I are getting married April 4th so this will be like a delayed honeymoon for us since we are only taking a weekend for the wedding. I’m so excited!

Hey all, if you fly Delta, they just reduced some of the flights today for (late) June... this may vary by market, but made me super happy so thought I would share. They were reduced more than $100 per person!

Last edited:

While our fourth trip of 2020 technically begins on May 30th, the bulk is in June, and we normally always go in June, so I can't pass up joining this thread! May 30th Riviera, May 31-June 7, BRV @ WL though I have a waitlist in for BWV or BCV.

oh I wanted to ask -has anyone gone to the Villains After Hours Events?? They have ONE when we're there and it's the night before we leave - ugh - do I know if my family will be up for one last hoorah after going hard at Disney for the last 7 days???
I did it last June and loved it! Full disclosure: I have never done a regular after hours so I can't compare it but I thought it wasn't very crowded at all and no wait for any rides except for 7D and I think that wasn't long (maybe 25 minutes or so).

Plan to go June 10 to June 16; still waiting on confirmation of DVC point rental, so not sure what hotel we'll be at yet. Going with best friends, so getting a 2 bedroom villa - seems to be harder to rent that many points in a cluster maybe? Hoping to stay at Beach Club, Boardwalk or Bay Lake Tower.
Due to DVC point and resort availability - we'll be at the Wilderness Lodge Boulder Creek DVC - pretty excited actually, have not gotten to stay there yet.
Date is still June 10 - 16.

I did it last June and loved it! Full disclosure: I have never done a regular after hours so I can't compare it but I thought it wasn't very crowded at all and no wait for any rides except for 7D and I think that wasn't long (maybe 25 minutes or so).

I bought tickets already!! I haven't even booked flights, dining plan or even park tickets but we have tickets to the Villains After hours event! HA!

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I bought tickets already!! I haven't even booked flights, dining plan or even park tickets but we have tickets to the Villains After hours event! HA!

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
My DH and I are doing an adults only in April so I think we will do it then so we don't have to worry about getting tickets for the 8 and 5 yr old.

Due to DVC point and resort availability - we'll be at the Wilderness Lodge Boulder Creek DVC - pretty excited actually, have not gotten to stay there yet.
Date is still June 10 - 16.
Boulder Ridge at WL is our home resort! We love it!

Ok, have changed our split stay. Instead of Poly villas/grand destino Tower, I switched our first half to Riviera villas since it was available at 7 months.

We got our upgraded Magic bands last week! I’m so excited! We love them. Our ADR day is next Tuesday!

Attachments

• F4BA8902-DDAC-481A-9838-DABA1E9E9B00.jpeg
    F4BA8902-DDAC-481A-9838-DABA1E9E9B00.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 17
Our waitlist came through for BWV so we are still 5/30 at Riviera, then 5/31-6/7 at Boardwalk. I will still try to get us in at Beach Club, but Boardwalk will suffice. Now it is time to pack because we leave tomorrow night for our Thanksgiving trip.

Jumping on the June train. We’ll be there 5/30-6/5, staying at Coronado Springs. Just booked today and our ADR day is Monday! Guess what I’ll be doing this weekend, lol.

My ADR day was today. I got everything I wanted and on the right days, but I was a little shocked that on our second day, the earliest dinner reservation I could get at Sci Fi diner was 8pm. I know I have plenty of time to modify it. Last year I got a Sci fi reservation a week before our trip using reservation finder, but for a week that is supposed to be relatively low crowds compared to what I’m used to (3spring break trips and 2 last week of July) I would have expected a little more flexibility. And I was on right at 5am my time

My ADR day was today. I got everything I wanted and on the right days, but I was a little shocked that on our second day, the earliest dinner reservation I could get at Sci Fi diner was 8pm. I know I have plenty of time to modify it. Last year I got a Sci fi reservation a week before our trip using reservation finder, but for a week that is supposed to be relatively low crowds compared to what I’m used to (3spring break trips and 2 last week of July) I would have expected a little more flexibility. And I was on right at 5am my time

I had a hard time with Sci-Fi when I booked yesterday morning, also. Everything else was a total breeze. I wanted a 5pm dinner and ended up with a 3:45 "lunch" for now. I am on the lookout for a 5-6 slot. You know what is extra weird though...I kept searching for a party of 4 and that 3:45 time was all I could get. After I booked everything, I went under my husband's profile and searched for a party of 2 for 5pm and it was available so I booked it. I then went under my daughter's profile and searched for a party of 2 for 5pm...and what....there was another one! Why would it show 2 party of 2s for 5pm and not a party of 4? Makes utterly no sense.

5-6 is our dinner sweet spot too. I’ve had really good luck with Touring Plans reservation finder in the past, but I was hoping I wouldn’t have to use it this year. When they talk about hard to get reservations they always mention Be Our Guest, CRT, and O’hana, but this is the second year in a row that Sci Fi has been my hardest to get reservation.

Booked our ADRs last Monday and Tuesday (split stay). We will be at Riviera 5/30 and BWV 5/31-6/7.

5/30 Topolino's Terrace 7:45pm
5/31 1900 Park Fare 11:30am
6/1 Flying Fish 5:15pm (hoping to switch to Space 220)
6/2 Sanaa 5:35pm
6/3 Jaleo 11:35am
6/4 BOG 8:10am (planning to switch to EMM soon)
Tiffins 5:45pm
6/5 Bon Voyage Breakfast 11:45am
6/6 Yachtsman 5:15pm

In the past, I have scheduled more than one ADR some days but we really want to limit the amount of places we HAVE to be on this trip. Since it is a long one (we are starting on 5/29 at Legoland), we really want to take it easier on this trip. I do hate that that limits the amount of places we can eat but we had 6 trips this year and we have 3 other trips scheduled before this one in 2020, so we are getting some good eating in on other trips as well.

Any overlap with anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!