**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
We booked Plaza - even though DD will not really be able to eat most of the desserts with her allergies, but since we have such a short time in the parks, I would rather not fight with the crowds for HEA - which is one of the reasons we are doing a quick stop at WDW before our cruise!
I agree the best part of any dessert party is knowing you have a great spot without the stress ::yes::

The Plaza Dessert Party view is outlined in purple on the bottom right on the map below by Robo:

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 12.39.55 PM copy.jpg

The left purple section is open to all guests, but it can get more crowded.

This is what the view looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 12.42.41 PM copy.jpg

Just finding this thread! Our trip is booked for March 5-9. We originally were going the week before, but after some research and a call to Disney (nothing confirmed but was told) that typically the F&G show starts the Wednesday of the first full week of March. My 180 ADR date is this Wednesday, September 6th, so I'm nervous about making these ADR's with out a festival confirmed start date.
Anyway, I am planning a trip for myself and my mom (who hasn't been to WDW since we went in 1983 ( I was 9), and then my very dearest friend and her mom and sister! Girls trip! Both our moms are avid gardeners, so we're hoping to have a lot of fun! DDP, so big breakfasts and signature dining! We are staying at the Beach Club for close proximity to Epcot!
Does anyone have any fun suggestions for things to do during the F&G show? I'm planning on a monorail/resort tour so the moms can see the beautiful resorts and gardens. Anything else to look for or do?
My family and I usually go in October to celebrate our DD's birthday, and now we've discovered the beauty of early December (we will be there from November 29- December 3 this year). So I'm familiar with those times of year, but not the spring!

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions! And pixie dust to everyone getting ready to make their ADR's!!

Planning a trip for the week of March 12. Originaly thinking of staying off-site in a Windsor Hills condo, but I'd really rather get 2 rooms at a Value resort...it all depends on FL resident discounts, whenever they decide to release those.

Regardless, I know we will have a great time!

F&G Festival is always fun! We like going around the booths at Epcot, as well as just perusing the gardens and being outdoors in the gorgeous March weather!

We are going March 5-9. Do you think the Easter Eggs will be on display by then?
I believe the Grand Floridian eggs went on display around 4/11 last year and were up until 4/29 when Easter was 4/16. Easter is 4/1 this year so I am not sure if they will be out that early.

The ones hidden throughout World Showcase should though!

Just finding this thread! Our trip is booked for March 5-9. We originally were going the week before, but after some research and a call to Disney (nothing confirmed but was told) that typically the F&G show starts the Wednesday of the first full week of March. My 180 ADR date is this Wednesday, September 6th, so I'm nervous about making these ADR's with out a festival confirmed start date.
Anyway, I am planning a trip for myself and my mom (who hasn't been to WDW since we went in 1983 ( I was 9), and then my very dearest friend and her mom and sister! Girls trip! Both our moms are avid gardeners, so we're hoping to have a lot of fun! DDP, so big breakfasts and signature dining! We are staying at the Beach Club for close proximity to Epcot!
Does anyone have any fun suggestions for things to do during the F&G show? I'm planning on a monorail/resort tour so the moms can see the beautiful resorts and gardens. Anything else to look for or do?
My family and I usually go in October to celebrate our DD's birthday, and now we've discovered the beauty of early December (we will be there from November 29- December 3 this year). So I'm familiar with those times of year, but not the spring!

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions! And pixie dust to everyone getting ready to make their ADR's!!
Flower and Garden started on 3/1 this past spring which was a Wednesday. Based on what you were told and historical dates, you should be safe assuming 3/7, 3/8, and 3/9 will have all the topiaries and flowers. Disney has been extending all of these Epcot events so who knows, maybe 3/1 will still be the start regardless of the day of the week.

Flower and Garden has a lovely butterfly house, the Garden Rocks concert series, and outdoor kitchens (like F&W). If you're going to be in Epcot before the "official" start of F&G, you can always do the "Behind the Seeds Tour" where you get an in-depth view at the greenhouses and fish in The Land. I have not personally done it, but I have heard very good things and it is one of the more affordable tours.

Hello all!!! So excited!! We booked our trip today march 17-23 AOA Little Mermaid! My DS 5 loves Arial! It will be so magical for him. Can't wait to explore the resort. DD 11 loves to draw. I'm sure she will enjoy the art classes they offer. Does anyone know if they have a schedule for the classes?

Hello all!!! So excited!! We booked our trip today march 17-23 AOA Little Mermaid! My DS 5 loves Arial! It will be so magical for him. Can't wait to explore the resort. DD 11 loves to draw. I'm sure she will enjoy the art classes they offer. Does anyone know if they have a schedule for the classes?
The theming at the entire resort screams Disney! Your family should love it!!

The drawing classes are held on the benches in the playroom to the left of the front desk at 11:00am, 2:00pm, and 5:00pm daily.

Flower and Garden started on 3/1 this past spring which was a Wednesday. Based on what you were told and historical dates, you should be safe assuming 3/7, 3/8, and 3/9 will have all the topiaries and flowers. Disney has been extending all of these Epcot events so who knows, maybe 3/1 will still be the start regardless of the day of the week.

Yes, I think I will be safe! Fingers crossed!

Flower and Garden has a lovely butterfly house, the Garden Rocks concert series, and outdoor kitchens (like F&W). If you're going to be in Epcot before the "official" start of F&G, you can always do the "Behind the Seeds Tour" where you get an in-depth view at the greenhouses and fish in The Land. I have not personally done it, but I have heard very good things and it is one of the more affordable tours.

Oooh! That seeds tour sounds fun! Thanks for the suggestion!

Today was ADR day for us. Thankful for a fabulous TA who go everything we wanted... here's our plans thus far:

Saturday 3/3 - Travel day, MK after 4pm
Sunday 3/4 - AK, PPO Tusker House
Monday 3/5 - Resort (AOA) / Disney Springs Day - 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, I want to do the monorail this day.
Tuesday 3/6 - HS
Wednesday 3/7 - MK, PPO Crystal Palace for Breakfast, Garden View Dessert Party for dinner
Thursday 3/8 - Epcot (so happy to read above that it will be F&G while we're there!)
Friday 3/9 - Resort Day
Saturday - MK, PPO BOG, CRT for dinner

This is our first ever trip to Disney for anyone in our family, including our will-be-almost 4-year-old. Having dining reservations makes it feel so much more real. I'm sure the next 180 days will fly by!!!

The theming at the entire resort screams Disney! Your family should love it!!

The drawing classes are held on the benches in the playroom to the left of the front desk at 11:00am, 2:00pm, and 5:00pm daily.
Thank you! We are so excited!

The Plaza Dessert Party view is outlined in purple on the bottom right on the map below by Robo:

View attachment 266736

The left purple section is open to all guests, but it can get more crowded.

This is what the view looks like:

View attachment 266739
Thanks for this....amazing photo of the area, the people and the castle. I felt like I was right there! Can you get a FP for HEA...and if so...where is the viewing area for this?

Just booked our dining!!! Got everything we wanted!!

March 11th - MK - Chef Mickey's breakfast, BOG lunch, Ohana dinner
March 12th - EP - Garden Grill breakfast, Rose & Crown dinner
March 13th - HS - Hollywood & Vine breakfast, 50's Prime Time dinner
March 14th - AK / DS - Rainforest Cafe breakfast, Homecoming dinner
March 15th - MK - Crystal Palace breakfast, BOG dinner
March 16th - EP - Akershus breakfast, 1900 Park Fare dinner

180 more days!!! :love:

Fantastic! Did you get everything you wanted? So exciting when you can finally book! We got everything we wanted, such a good feeling. Now when the FP's come out, we'll see how to uncomplicated things. I like to relax at dinner and not rush back to the parks for a FP...but it always seem to happen. But...we are happy with our picks.

//

Congrats you got some great ADR's :thumbsup2
Our ADR day is 9/24 and our FP day for our Thanksgiving trip is 9/18.

Thanks! Yes I found everything I wanted! And mostly at the times I wanted too!

Our FP day for our Christmas trip is October 15th -- so now I have nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs until then! lol

Thanks! Yes I found everything I wanted! And mostly at the times I wanted too!

Our FP day for our Christmas trip is October 15th -- so now I have nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs until then! lol
That will be me after the 24th ::yes::
Then we can continue tweaking ;)

OK, I need some help fellow March-ers. We're currently booked in the LM section of AoA. I've been following the refurb of Pop Century pretty closely, and I'm totally torn about if I want to stay at AoA or make the swap. Our daughter will almost be 4, so there is a total draw to the theming of AoA... but at the same time a queen bed and a coffee maker, plus saving a few hundred dollars seems like a total no-brainer. We've never been to Disney, let alone stayed on property... so I have nothing to compare too.

My TA suggested booking a preferred room if we are going to make the swap... and to hold on to our LM room until there is a better idea of *if* the refurb will be done for the preferred at that time, just in case they aren't going to be done and we loose the LM room at AoA.

I know they won't be totally done in March, so it's still a bit of a gamble... even if it will be mostly done at that time. My luck is such that we will get there and we will get the ONLY room not refurbished... haha.

What's the likelihood of them being done with the 60's buildings by March? It *seems* like they're going from left to right... but would they save the Preferred rooms for last? Is a preferred room really all that much better? We're not bothered by the walk, obviously... we're already totally prepared for the hike between LM and civilization at AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!