**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
OK, I need some help fellow March-ers. We're currently booked in the LM section of AoA. I've been following the refurb of Pop Century pretty closely, and I'm totally torn about if I want to stay at AoA or make the swap. Our daughter will almost be 4, so there is a total draw to the theming of AoA... but at the same time a queen bed and a coffee maker, plus saving a few hundred dollars seems like a total no-brainer. We've never been to Disney, let alone stayed on property... so I have nothing to compare too.

My TA suggested booking a preferred room if we are going to make the swap... and to hold on to our LM room until there is a better idea of *if* the refurb will be done for the preferred at that time, just in case they aren't going to be done and we loose the LM room at AoA.

I know they won't be totally done in March, so it's still a bit of a gamble... even if it will be mostly done at that time. My luck is such that we will get there and we will get the ONLY room not refurbished... haha.

What's the likelihood of them being done with the 60's buildings by March? It *seems* like they're going from left to right... but would they save the Preferred rooms for last? Is a preferred room really all that much better? We're not bothered by the walk, obviously... we're already totally prepared for the hike between LM and civilization at AoA.
Hmm, if you can swing two deposits, I would totally do what your TA suggested if you really want to save with a preferred room at POP! There is a small section of preferred rooms in the 70's building at POP and I have seen reports of people occupying the 80's already so hopefully the 60s are ready or being updated by the spring.

AoA LM rooms are the furthest of any rooms from Animation Hall. However, I feel Landscape of Flavors and Ink and Paint shop edge out Everything POP. The exterior theming at AoA is also more exciting and lively compared to POP. The pools at AoA are more fun, especially for a child.

The wonderful thing about these sister resorts is that you can easily share the amenities (except the "Big Blue Pool" at AoA which is behind a MagicBand Gate) of both by walking over the generation gap. It is not a far walk at all for food, taking one bus back from a park, etc.

OK, I need some help fellow March-ers. We're currently booked in the LM section of AoA. I've been following the refurb of Pop Century pretty closely, and I'm totally torn about if I want to stay at AoA or make the swap. Our daughter will almost be 4, so there is a total draw to the theming of AoA... but at the same time a queen bed and a coffee maker, plus saving a few hundred dollars seems like a total no-brainer. We've never been to Disney, let alone stayed on property... so I have nothing to compare too.

My TA suggested booking a preferred room if we are going to make the swap... and to hold on to our LM room until there is a better idea of *if* the refurb will be done for the preferred at that time, just in case they aren't going to be done and we loose the LM room at AoA.

I know they won't be totally done in March, so it's still a bit of a gamble... even if it will be mostly done at that time. My luck is such that we will get there and we will get the ONLY room not refurbished... haha.

What's the likelihood of them being done with the 60's buildings by March? It *seems* like they're going from left to right... but would they save the Preferred rooms for last? Is a preferred room really all that much better? We're not bothered by the walk, obviously... we're already totally prepared for the hike between LM and civilization at AoA.

If your Daughter likes little mermaid I would stay there. I've stayed at the top and as a big fan of LM the resort is amazing. But that's just me I took my nephew when he was 4 and that is by far my favorite trip out of every trip I have ever taking. The magic was so real to him. We stayed at movies and he was in to Toy Story then and he loved it. Side note too if give your daughter a park map when you go in and let her "lead the way" it's so cute when they think they are in charge of the touring that day.

We arrive in late March and stay in to April. ADR day will be here soon. I think I have most of it figured out. Now just trying to figure out which ones to prioritize for selection day. Curious to know how those who are going the week before Easter do with making ADRs to give me an idea of how my week will be.

Hey everyone! Our dates are March 4-10 staying at Wilderness Lodge! Did anyone else get an update from Touring Plans with a change/slight increase in crowd levels that week or any week in March?

Also, I saw that Disney announced After Hours events at Magic Kingdom for March 1 and March 8. I saw on another site those will start at 9pm. Does that mean they will keep MK open until 9 on those nights as they are currently scheduled to close at 8? Just curious how late MK will be open our week as I think 8 is pretty early to close. Last year they were open until 9 the first week of March.

What do you all think of the ROL schedule? Will it be select days or nightly?

Happy planning everyone!

I got a Touringplans update email as well for the end of March/early April. I have not had a chance to see if it impacts any of the parks I have chosen yet.

Hey everyone! Our dates are March 4-10 staying at Wilderness Lodge! Did anyone else get an update from Touring Plans with a change/slight increase in crowd levels that week or any week in March?

Also, I saw that Disney announced After Hours events at Magic Kingdom for March 1 and March 8. I saw on another site those will start at 9pm. Does that mean they will keep MK open until 9 on those nights as they are currently scheduled to close at 8? Just curious how late MK will be open our week as I think 8 is pretty early to close. Last year they were open until 9 the first week of March.

What do you all think of the ROL schedule? Will it be select days or nightly?

Happy planning everyone!
Yeah I saw they don't include ROL on the schedule I don't think it will be shown nightly, which will make it much more crowded in AK on the nights it is included.

I don't know that Disney has any low crowds anymore, no matter when you go. It's just always crowded.
Good point. I haven't been since April of 2012 (which happened to be the week AFTER Easter) and I didn't find it too bad. I had things very well planned though....we never waited more than 15 minutes for any thing. No ADR's though and we didn't have to book our fast passes in advance. I was doing ALOT of running around the park pulling fastpasses for my family. LOL I won't miss that!!

I am following this thread because I am potentially booking for the last week of March in 2019....just wanting to get a feel for what people experience in March. Easter won't be until the 2nd last week of April in 2019, so I am hoping that will help in terms of keeping the Spring crowds a bit "lower" than when Easter piggy backs on March......

Our family of four is joining in the other AoA families in the little mermaid rooms March18-23. So excited! Was able to find all the ADRs we wanted and we plan to just take things slow and expect high crowds!

Our family of four is joining in the other AoA families in the little mermaid rooms March18-23. So excited! Was able to find all the ADRs we wanted and we plan to just take things slow and expect high crowds!
Did you have any issues booking your dining within your 180+ window online? The website keeps showing me a Lady and the Tramp error, but the mobile app works. Bizarre!

Just found this thread. We have booked our first stay as DVC owners. Doing a split stay. 3 nights at AKL Jambo House standard view and 3 nights at AKL Kidani Village savanna view. Currently have no plans to do any of the parks but was able to get a BOG dinner one night if we do MK. Already counting the days as this will be a much needed break for us.

Did you have any issues booking your dining within your 180+ window online? The website keeps showing me a Lady and the Tramp error, but the mobile app works. Bizarre!

Yes I couldn't get the website to work the morning of my ADRs. I had to do it all on my phone. But updating it a few days ago I was able to do from my desktop.

Yes I couldn't get the website to work the morning of my ADRs. I had to do it all on my phone. But updating it a few days ago I was able to do from my desktop.
Ahh ok, that is reassuring! I did not know if something was wrong with my MDE. lol It does go down a lot, but I guess I am a little paranoid. haha I wanted two pre-paid ADRs (CRT and HDDR) so I had to call and book those two. Luckily I got them! Glad you got all your other ADRs as well!

I got everything we wanted but since we are a party of 12, I had to book two separate reservations at BOG but we have the same time, so we are hoping to get tables near each other....we can always table hop in between courses...LOL!

Success got on this morning and was able to book our adr's. I was worried because of going the week leading into Easter but pleasantly surprised.
Now let the obsessing and tweaking begin ;)

I was able to book Fantasmic Dining today but I had to call. I kept getting Lady and the Tramp error message on both the Disney site and MDE.

I was able to book Fantasmic Dining today but I had to call. I kept getting Lady and the Tramp error message on both the Disney site and MDE.
I have found that for this trip, the website has not worked for any of the 180+ ADRs. Only the app. Unfortunately, packages like Fantasmic! and pre-paid ADRs cannot be booked via the app. Only the website or phone. I had the same issue for the Hoop-Dee-Doo and CRT. Hopefully Disney fixes it soon. I'd much rather book online hahaha

Last edited:
Joining in! Bringing ds and his friend March 27-April 1. Braving the construction and returning 'home' to Coronado Springs :-)

Dining is booked! I had to call for the dessert party. The website was not really working and I booked everything else over the app.

I have multiple plans for a couple of days but I am waiting on park hours to figure out more. Does anyone know how accurate times have been 60 days out?

Just booked our mini stay with the discount for March 4 - 8 we shifted our dates from the end of the week to the start of the week but it was worth it for the savings. 152 days to go and only 51 for my November trip. I've never planned 2 at once.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts