***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

I am hoping the crowds are a lower when we get there, but it is what it is. This weekend we are packing and I am doing a good detail of our Suburban. I will be in the single digits tomorrow!!

Love hearing about everyone's trips! My poor child has the Disney blues. I keep telling her July will be here before she knows it!

Have fun, everyone!

Don't get me wrong my family and I had a great time. However, lessons were learned and I will never go to Disney during spring break again. The best time I have found to go is the week immediately when school gets out is a good time, low crowds before the huge summer rush.
That is usually when we do our long trip. This year we are a week later so we can get in two long trips (2019 and 2020) on our APs.

SINGLE DIGITS!!! 9 days till departure!!
My weather forecast is not looking so good. Extended forecast is showing 35% of rain next Saturday and 60% on Sunday. Maybe we are far enough out it will get a little better with less chance of rain as we get closer.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is supposed to be pack-the-car day, and today is supposed to be finish-cleaning-all-the-things day.

But NO. Went out to start the car before taking the kids up to the bus (because it was 15 degrees and our driveway is 1/4mi long and if I run it for 5 min before we go up the heat actually gets warm when we get to the end of the driveway) and THE CAR WON'T START. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Yep. Less than 48 hours before we leave and our less-than-3-years-old car won't start. Super. Called my brother who is a mechanic and if it won't start for me to drive it out to him at some point today, he will come over after work and look at it. Worst case scenario, we have to rent a car for 2 freaking weeks. To drive to Florida and back. Good luck to us. :scared:

So we walk up to catch the school bus. DS3 is screaming and crying and coughing all the way. He snuck his tablet into his room last night and I'm sure got like 4 hours of sleep max, and he's been fighting off some post-nasal drip thing that cold air makes worse. So stacked with his lack of sleep, he was a hot mess. He's staying home from school today and taking a nap and cleaning his room. This is not how my day was supposed to start.

Take it with a grain of salt because this is our first trip to WDW so I have nothing to compare it to... I just haven’t found it that crowded. We’ve had great luck grabbing and modifying additional fast passes and hardly waiting for anything. We’ve gone in with plans, have been arriving early and leaving mid-day. And it’s been great. I would come back for spring break for sure.

OH MY, I hope it is something simple.
8 more days!!

Looks like he spent 4 or 5 hours diagnosing and fixing the issue, but as of 830 last night the car is all better. Apparently mice got under the hood and chewed up a bunch of wiring. Darn rodents. Brother jokes that we should get a cat. Uhhh....half of us are super allergic, and our winters are too harsh for a perma-outdoor mouser.

Vehicle swap back today, couple of appointments, last-minute meds and snacks, shuttling the dogs out to their respective destinations, and packing the car today. And 24 hours from right now we should be almost to the MI/OH border. Yippee!!!

Glad to hear you got it fixed!!
I am the service manager at a John Deere dealership and we have seen a bunch of tractors come in with rodent damage this year. Just at freezing this morning here in North Georgia, but a warming trend starting today. I still can't wait for some of that Florida weather!!

Yeah I’m not thrilled about the woodland creatures treating me like a terrible step-sister.

DH was feeling antsy today, and between appointments he said we should just leave today and drive to Ohio. So I booked a hotel and we were on the road a little after 5pm. We should be at our hotel around 10:30 and be able to sleep in until a reasonable time (aka NOT 3:30am) and still be at our next hotel around dinner time tomorrow. Woohoo! After the stress of shoving all of my day-of packing into 1 hour instead of 4, I’m ready to not have to deal with anything else for a few days.

We got home at 4 am today...we were supposed to be back Monday morning, but there was a small fire in the terminal in Toronto Sunday night and our flight got cancelled! Sadly we’d already turned in our rental car, packed up and checked into the MCO Hyatt, so no more Disney fun for us. That experience left us glad to be home, though, so we aren’t too sad about not being in FL anymore!

Only 5 more days before we leave! I'm super excited for a physical and mental break, AND to get a lot of knitting done in the car. Yeah. Makes me sound like a grandma. I was even debating bringing a simple project into the parks to knit on while DH and the kids ride stuff I can't go on, but I'm pretty sure he would be horrified at that idea. :rolleyes:

Five more days!

I hope you got some knitting done! I brought a small project along but didn’t touch it in the entire 2 weeks. Too busy and too tired. In fact I’m supposed to meet my knit group for a special project tomorrow and I’m not sure I even have something to bring along...

Which leads me to my big shocker of the trip - you need a FP for Figment now. FIGMENT. I think what is happening is they've put Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope at the end of that ride as a Meet & Greet, and people don't realize you could just go in through the gift shop and walk into the play area to get on their line. Wait times for standby were regularly over 50 minutes. For FIGMENT. (I mean, we love Figment, but seriously, it's never been more than a 10 minute standby in years past.)

We FP’d Figment because it was our third Epcot outing of the trip and there wasn’t anything else we wanted to use the FP on. The wait wasn’t too bad standby when we got there, but then the ride broke down and we got stuck for about 20 minutes, and it was still closed when they finally got us off it. Not sure if that was a one off or if it’s happening enough to inflate the wait times? But when we walked out the line to meet Ralph and Vanellope was crazy long, wow! (In a nice guest relations moment, they had a cast member there scanning MBs and adding extra FPs when they got us off the ride—that didn’t happen last trip on the rides we got stuck on! It was only good on the tier 2 Epcot rides, so not much use to us that night, but a nice gesture.)

We leave a week from today! I will have to work half a day and then we are heading south! I want to be able to just jump into the truck and go when I get home at noon. I figure we can make it most of the way to Orlando before we stop for the night. This weekend we finish packing, I will do one more check over on the Suburban and then a good detail. Wife caught a cold so hopefully she is better before we leave.

Last edited:
We leave for the airport at 3am Saturday morning and we're not packed! I'd hoped to be packed this past Saturday, and we certainly started, and we've been altering costumes and learning how to put on wigs and doing all the laundry... but there's a lot to do. I hope at least the checked bag can be fully packed by tonight.

Left our Chatannogga hotel at 5am to get through Atlanta by 7. Mission accomplished there. We have about 4 hours of driving left, so we are crossing our fingers that our room today is ready early. We are planning on parking at CBR and taking the bus over to DS until we get the room ready text, or it’s check in time (whichever comes first.)

Woo Hoo for almost being there!!

Left our Chatannogga hotel at 5am to get through Atlanta by 7. Mission accomplished there. We have about 4 hours of driving left, so we are crossing our fingers that our room today is ready early. We are planning on parking at CBR and taking the bus over to DS until we get the room ready text, or it’s check in time (whichever comes first.)

I hate Atlanta traffic!
This time next week I will be waking up in Central Florida!!
Looking forward to a nice steak at the T-Rex cafe' next Friday!!

I hate Atlanta traffic!
Tell me about it. I live in the Atlanta suburbs. I live one town over from my job and my commute is no less than 30 minutes. My county was the fastest growing county in the USA for several years.

We usually leave on a Saturday around 6-7am, but this month we had to head out on a Friday so we were out the door by around 6:20 and missed the traffic, thank goodness.

ETA: I guess I should've glanced at your profile. Didn't realize/remember you were in Georgia as well.

I'm here at the moment and the crowds are crazy, worst I've seen outside of expected busy times. I only came this time because I wanted to see the Mets play at WWoS. Never again and on top of it all some of the guest behaviour has been appalling. Line cutting, jumping over to stand next to the topiaries at Epcot the lot. The CMs have been wonderful considering the bedlam they have to deal with.

Live in Beautiful Cave Spring!!
I use to drive to Austell everyday from Rome, don't miss that drive! There is no way I could live in or around the Metro or I would be on Channel 2 news as a road rage arrest.
Boss is giving me half a day off so next Thursday. Hope to be on the road no later than noon so that I can be south of Atlanta before the going home madness strikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter