***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

I saw the rain on the radar this morning. Maybe it kept the crowd levels down. Filling up the truck tonight on the way home and then we finish packing and loading. My boss said I had already checked out mentally at work but not really. I work half a day tomorrow so he is not counting on me being real productive. Threatened to wear my Mickey Mouse t-shirt to work tomorrow under my work shirt!

The boss gave me a surprise yesterday as we were leaving. He said I only had to come in this morning and get the guys pointed in the right direction and then I can have the rest of the day off!! So I will be heading south a lot earlier than expected!! Everything is ready to go so about 5 hours from now I will be hitting the road! Tonight we will be eating dinner in Disney Springs!

It’s our last full day and our kids seem to have flipped the switch when it comes to pool time. For years they have been edge-clingers, and this trip they are going under the water and swimming all over the place. Makes for a lot more fun for all of us.

The weather is gorgeous and we are definitely going to make the walk over to ample hills for ice cream again today (we resort-hopped on Sunday for something to do.)

We made it down in about 8 1/2 hours. Super great room at the Hilton overlooking Disney springs. Walked over to the springs to get something for dinner and it was packed. Did walk up at the T Rex cafe, took about an hour to get a table. We ate too much and was back to the room at 1130. My 3 year old son was up at 8 this morning saying he wanted to go swimming. Relax day and then heading over to the shades of green this afternoon. First park day is tomorrow at the Animal kingdom.

We are on the road for our long drive home. Not sure why the trip back always feels so much longer, but it always does.

Stormalong Bay lived up to its reputation. The kids loved it and we spent a good 6 hours there yesterday.

Our room was just ok (deluxe studio in BCV). We ended up in an accessible room, and it just felt small in general...smaller than our room at CBR. After spending 4 nights in a family suite at AoA I can say for certain that I *need* a separate room from my kids.

The kids were really successful with their pin trading this trip. Ds2 completed a Star Wars set (he could have gotten 2 identical sets, we saw so many of those pins this time) and ds3 has a lanyard full of Pluto pins now. Our last minute decision to stop and meet Pluto on our way out of Epcot was definitely the highlight of his trip.

The highlight for me was Wednesday morning, scoring 3 FPs for FoP on the bus ride between emm at HS and AK. My husband graciously swapped bands with me so I could go on it with ds1 and 2 since I wasn’t able to go on slinky dog, and he went on the safari with ds3, who screamed through 75% of FoP during EMH on Monday.

MK was extremely busy both afternoons we went and it was almost impossible to get FPs for anything other than small world/dumbo/little mermaid.

Checked into the Shades of Green yesterday, did some resort time and then went back to Disney Springs for dinner. Tried chicken guy and it was really good. The fried pickles were the best I ever had. Today is our first park day at Animal Kingdom. The weather is perfect with no chance of rain. My little man is having the time of his life.

Animal kingdom was packed yesterday. We had a great time and it did not seem as hot there as it was the last time we went. Took him to see Mickey and Minnie at the outpost, he was excited till it was his turn and then not so much. Heading to the magic kingdom this morning, hope the crowd level is lower. Today my little man gets his first haircut! Nervous about how that’s going to play out.

Just out of curiosity...Does anyone know what the crowd levels were last week? I was at MK on Thursday and it was PACKED! Just wondering if it was a 10/10. I don't know where I can find that info :)

Just out of curiosity...Does anyone know what the crowd levels were last week? I was at MK on Thursday and it was PACKED! Just wondering if it was a 10/10. I don't know where I can find that info :)

From TouringPlans

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Across All Walt Disney World Theme Parks
  • Crowd Level:
    What we predicted: 8 out of 10
    What we saw: 9 out of 10
Magic Kingdom
  • Crowd Level:
    What we predicted: 7 out of 10
    What we saw: 10 out of 10

Had a great yesterday at the Magic Kingdom. My son got his first hair cut and did so good! The park was crowded but it was manageable. Wife had a good time which was a plus, she was more relaxed this time. Plus I didn't try and do everything and we had a relaxed visit. Made it home tonight and downloaded everything out of the truck, work tomorrow...Blah.

Looks like I will be joining the June Disney group. We have to go back to Florida in June for a family event. I am excited all over again. However, this time I think we are only going to do MK. Also, try the park that shall not be named.
We will be there in June as well.

It sure was fun planning with you all! We'll be back July and November. Hope to see some of you on those threads!

We're even playing around with doing another quick trip for Mardi Gras 2020 before our APs expire. We're crazy lol

I second that Saints!!
We won't be back to Disney anytime soon bit I am thinking of surprising the wife with a quick trip down and letting her swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove towards the end of summer.

I saw some 2020 months already have a thread and March is so busy with Spring breaks I’m always surprised it takes so long to start a March thread.

Can anyone start such a thread or does it need a moderator person?
Or did I somehow miss that the thread is already started

I saw some 2020 months already have a thread and March is so busy with Spring breaks I’m always surprised it takes so long to start a March thread.

Can anyone start such a thread or does it need a moderator person?
Or did I somehow miss that the thread is already started

Anyone can start one.

Driving down from Boston on Thursday @ 4am... Can’t wait!!!!:dogdance:
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to ask how your drive from Boston was? We are crazily considering driving with our 5 and 8 year old over school vacation. I cannot swallow paying almost $3000 for flights over school break from Boston or Providence, they jack up the prices so bad!

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to ask how your drive from Boston was? We are crazily considering driving with our 5 and 8 year old over school vacation. I cannot swallow paying almost $3000 for flights over school break from Boston or Providence, they jack up the prices so bad!
We do it from Montreal and we do it straight by switching drivers. We have 3 kids (2, 4 and 6 now). We leave in the afternoon so that when we get to the night part we are still in shape! Kids are asleep so less bathroom stops. We get there for supper or sleep time the next day. We go to sleep early and be good for the parks next morning. The kids like it because for once they can get as much Ipas as they want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter