Official March Trip Reports

We check-in on March 24 and out on the 31st; Preferred Loops.
-Dave & Lisa

Last edited:

Snowmedic we are renting a rv from Meachums for the week so we are good. Any other tips you might have?

We are arriving on Feb 24th and will be at WDW until March 4th. Unfortunately, we won't be at the Fort. We are trying out All Star Sports this trip. Not because we don't like the Fort anymore. Simple economics. We upgraded to APs last September and the AP room discounts were very good for this Spring. Even flying down, I'm saving money over spending the fuel to tow the 5er down and a Premium site at the Fort. I'm actually adding 2 days to the trip this way.

I suspect after a week on a double bed at ASSp that we will be ready for the Fort again. Either way, I can't be that close and not come over and spend some time at the Fort. If you are going to be down at the same time (Barb), we'd love to meet some more DISers.

j

We are arriving on Feb 24th and will be at WDW until March 4th. Unfortunately, we won't be at the Fort. We are trying out All Star Sports this trip. Not because we don't like the Fort anymore. Simple economics. We upgraded to APs last September and the AP room discounts were very good for this Spring. Even flying down, I'm saving money over spending the fuel to tow the 5er down and a Premium site at the Fort. I'm actually adding 2 days to the trip this way.

I suspect after a week on a double bed at ASSp that we will be ready for the Fort again. Either way, I can't be that close and not come over and spend some time at the Fort. If you are going to be down at the same time (Barb), we'd love to meet some more DISers.

j
Teambur, when I read your post, I remembered from an earlier post that your were ditching the campground for this trip! But, I do understand. We are traveling with our daughter/husband and three kids, along with a niece, husband and two kids for their surprise trip to Disney. They are only staying for one week, flying and renting an RV. So, the week of March 5-10 is a catch your breath week for us. If you would like to come visit, we would love to meet you both. We are meandering our way down, and will unwinterize at a local campground on the 24th. We have carefully been lurking to see if a premium opens up, (will need 2 spots) for the 24th, but no luck yet. Looking forward to meeting your family. We will have some of that great Wisconsin Cheese, and New Glarus Spotted Cow beer! Barb and Bill.

Teambur, I reread your post. My bad, I see you will be gone when we are here the 2nd week!!! We are also avail March 1,;as we have DAH tickets that night and will not go over to the MK until about 4;30. So with that being said, the same offer is extended. We also will be free the day of our arrival, Sunday the 25th. Think Spring. The extreme cold is coming back this weekend.

Ole Tiggerdad gonna be setting up shop March 10-17. Was looking for a full hookup, but all they had at the time was premium so I at least got that for now. No park days as of yet, I'll add that when we decide.

I put in the word with the boys to start cleaning the place up and I'd bring the Sam's unsalted peanuts. There was a debate about bringing corn, but they voted for peanuts instead.

Barb,

I sent you a PM with my contact info. We'd love to come by the Fort to meet you if it works into your plans.

Michael- I forgot you were going to do Spring Break again. Good luck! Sorry we are just going to miss you. You can pick up where we leave off.

j

Michael- I forgot you were going to do Spring Break again. Good luck! Sorry we are just going to miss you. You can pick up where we leave off.

j

It'll be our first run on a spring break trip so we'll see how it goes. MS has an early spring break so maybe crowds won't be as severe, but it'll be doable no matter.

It's 7 nights, which is a short stay for us so I may drop a day at EPCOT to allow me a full down day to rest and explore the Fort.

It'll be our first run on a spring break trip so we'll see how it goes. MS has an early spring break so maybe crowds won't be as severe,
I've done it twice. The crazy week leading up to Easter. The first time I said no way. The second time I said we are crazy. Never again. It did teach us how to do a trip in the busy times. Pick 2 things a day that you really want to do, look for the less crowded things that you normally would ignore and walk past on a normal trip and consider anything else as gravy.

j

3/25-3/30 Basic Tent loop with our pop-up! Annual passholders, but our first time to Fort Wilderness. 9-yr. old really wanted to camp there. Now we're both excited about it too, albeit not looking forward to the long drive from MN. Plan on rope-dropping and doing a few things then returning and enjoying the campground for most of the day.

My dog and I will be checking in on 3/17. The rest of the family will fly in on 3/23. We are staying in a premium loop and leaving on 3/31. They will fly back to Illinois while I check out a couple beach campgrounds in the panhandle area on my way home. Looking forward to relaxing at the fort.

Jaredjohn That sounds like a trip my WookieBear would love for us to take Just her and Daddy all to herself Enjoy your travels

My dog and I will be checking in on 3/17. The rest of the family will fly in on 3/23. We are staying in a premium loop and leaving on 3/31. They will fly back to Illinois while I check out a couple beach campgrounds in the panhandle area on my way home. Looking forward to relaxing at the fort.

If you are anywhere near Topsail State Park, I HIGHLY recommend it. Probably the best Florida State Park ... at least in the Panhandle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!