Official May 2018

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
I can not find one yet so I am willing to get to get one started. Planning for May 19-27th and hoping to pull the funds together for AKL 2 bedroom. We are planning this trip as a gift to my mom. She has never been and she has had some health issues the past two years and when asked where she wanted to go for a big family vacation she picked Disney World! This will be my third trip. Once in 7th grade and once in Sept 2016. I would love to hear thought about the week leading up to Memorial Day and AKL. Leaning toward Kidani at the moment.

Last edited:
Hi there! My husband, daughter (who will be 5 at the time) and I are booked offsite from May 4-19th. We haven't been to Disney during May in over 15 years so I know I am really looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival again!

We'll be there! I used to visit Disney every year, but have had an incredibly long gap since going there for my honeymoon in 2011. However, next May will be a completely different kind of trip - our first one as parents! No set dates yet - we're going back and forth between the very beginning of May or the middle of the month. I feel like the beginning of the month might be less busy, but if we go in the middle we can be there for my son's 5th birthday. He has got to be the most Disney World obsessed kid that has never actually been there thanks to Youtube. Any opinions on the beginning vs. middle of the month?

I think we'll be staying at Wilderness Lodge, but need to do some more research to be 100% sure - my current reasons for choosing that resort are mainly sentimental ones and I want to be sure it's actually the right choice for a 3.5 and 5 year old.

I can not find one yet so I am willing to get to get one started. Planning for May 19-27th and hoping to pull the funds together for AKL 2 bedroom. We are planning this trip as a gift to my mom. She has never been and she has had some health issues the past two years and when asked where she wanted to go for a big family vacation she picked Disney World! This will be my third trip. Once in 7th grade and once in Sept 2016. I would love to hear thought about the week leading up to Memorial Day and AKL. Leaning toward Kidani at the moment.

AKL was the first deluxe resort I ever stayed at! I think I was about 16 at the time, and despite the fact that I was a very jaded, too cool for everything teenager, that place was jaw-droppingly amazing. The decor, the CMs, the animals...the lobby is incredible. And the restaurants are amazing too, if you get a chance to try any of them out! That's an awesome thing you guys are doing for your mom. For us, this trip will be just the 4 of us (myself, husband, and kids), but my dad is very much looking forward to planning a trip where they come too soon after.

Hi everyone! I'm 90% sure I'm going April 30 - May 7 next year, hoping to do a split stay (3 nights at POFQ and 4 nights renting DVC points at AKL). The only thing I'm potentially worried about are cheer crowds.

Last edited:

Yay! I'm so happy I found this thread! I was thinking it being a year out there couldn't possibly be one yet. Glad I was wrong. :) We'll be there May 4-12. We managed to get in on the Caribbean Beach gift card offer so we'll be staying there this time. Our son will be 6 (we're going to be bad parents and pull him out of school, but it's a few weeks before the end of kindergarten so I think he'll be ok) and my daughter will be 2. Between my husbands class schedule and my son's school schedule it was challenging finding dates that would work where it wouldn't be crazy hot and crowded, but I'm really looking forward to going in May and checking out Flower and Garden.

We haven't decided on exact dates - currently booked May 5-12 at BCV with our four year old twins and a 7 ish month old

Will likely be trying to switch our DVC reservation to BLT at 7 months!

Very excited

Last edited:
Just bumping up the thread!

Impatiently waiting for the 2018 rooms & packages to be released. :charac2:

I just noticed today over on the rumor board that Toy Story land is rumored to be done May 2018. I'm not sure if I'm nervous or excited. DS is currently 5 so I know he'll love it, but I'm not sure we'll love the crowds.

I'm with you Moramoon. After watching the crowds for Pandora. Hoping to miss opening more than being there for it I think. But it will pull some from the other parks and maybe have later nights if it does so that could be good. My youngest will be 7 so later nights is doable.

I am really May/June, half of our trip is in May the other half June :p This is an exciting trip for us, we've not been since 2009! On top of that, it'll be my youngest dd's first trip, my oldest dd's high school grad trip, my hubby and I's 18th anniversary and my middle dd has not been since she was 4, so kind of a first trip for her too LOL Lots to celebrate while we are there!

May 28-June 6, 2018
POR - Riverside
My, Hubs, and 3 dd's
The Trip of Celebrations!

We're staying at Boardwalk Villas May 4th through May 12th. This is our first time renting DVC at Disney World. Can't wait to walk to Epcot and the Studios! We did a December trip in '15. Even though I love Christmas, I missed Springtime in Orlando. I think a year after opening Pandora will be more manageable. We got our Disney fix in this year (2017) with a May trip to Disneyland. One of the advantages to living smack dab in the middle of the country is the equal distance to both Anaheim and Orlando.

We have seven day hoppers and are deciding on what to do with the eighth day. I'm thinking beach day, or maybe just checking out the other resorts on property. Then again we love tourist cheese, so I-Drive or Gatorland might be on the radar.

Hi! I'm joining the thread. Just booked the Contemporary from May 25th - 30th. We went this 4th of July & crowds weren't bad so I'm hoping the trend continues in May. Probably wishful thinking.

We ended up booking 2 rooms at POP. Got a great price for out 8 nights and with the convention tickets a bonus water park day! Hubby not to happy about giving up our resort day but he can stay back if he wants :)

Hi! I'm joining the thread. Just booked the Contemporary from May 25th - 30th. We went this 4th of July & crowds weren't bad so I'm hoping the trend continues in May. Probably wishful thinking.
I've never personally been at this time, but I have a co-worker who went end of May 2016. She said it was busy, but not wall to wall people. We're have year round school where we live and that's right after school gets out. I still think July would have been more crowded though.

This year end of May Pandora opened. Next year speculation is Toy Story Land will target Memorial Day weekend also. I go back and forth since our trip in May 19-27th wanting it or hoping it gets pushed back. I think crowds will swell if they makes the target. If it gets pushed back I think it will be great for us.

I've never personally been at this time, but I have a co-worker who went end of May 2016. She said it was busy, but not wall to wall people. We're have year round school where we live and that's right after school gets out. I still think July would have been more crowded though.

That's good to hear about May 2016. I was really surprised how low the crowds were in July. Not sure if I just got lucky with the parks I picked or if it was just low crowds.

This year end of May Pandora opened. Next year speculation is Toy Story Land will target Memorial Day weekend also. I go back and forth since our trip in May 19-27th wanting it or hoping it gets pushed back. I think crowds will swell if they makes the target. If it gets pushed back I think it will be great for us.

I'm not sure what I would do if Toy Story Land opened that weekend. I would consider skipping HS. I would hope it got pushed back and opened after May so I wouldn't even need to make the decision. I have a hard enough time with Disney decision making.

Hiya!

So... I am *NOT* going to Disney next May... we JUST got back 2 weeks ago!!! *BUT* My stepdaughter and son-in-law are planning a trip, which my husband will be joining them for, adults-only... so I'll be lurking and seeing what kind of good tips you guys come out with... I had no idea that their dates (17-23 May) mean that they might catch the flower and garden festival! I'm actually a little jealous of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts