Official May 2018

We're officially 2 weeks out! At this time exactly our plane will be taking off and we'll be headed to our happy place. It's hard to believe how quickly it came up and how much we still have left to do before we leave. I did manage to get started on making my ears this past weekend and plan on finishing them up this weekend. I also need to figure out shirts for DH and I for our HS day and need to finish up the tutu I'm making for my daughter to go with her shirt. With all that it's going to be here before I know it!

Got our bands a couple days ago! It's getting close. I've got our touring plans done, so there's nothing left to do but wait. :D

I have made three days of FP reservations for our May trip. It's a blast. I feel like it like doing a puzzle but only I am going to Disney!!!! :mickeyjum :simba::stitch::tigger::goofy::dumbo::donald::earsgirl:

So far, so good on the FP. I only had some minor issues on getting times. I don't even remember what they were. I think I was hoping for a an am Rock N Roller Coaster but I had to take the afternoon. I was able to get a Na'Ji River FP at 30 days which I was happy about. I had originally planned to that at rope drop but now I am going to be EE which I hope will have a much shorter wait. We will do Na'ji an hour before park close and then get in line for FoP. The only downside is I won't be able to get a 4th fp.

I have 3 more days to plan. I'm happy that I have a place to express my excitement. My family just looks at me like I'm crazy.

giphy.gif

It looks like almost the whole month of May there is one hour at AK of EMH. Just a heads up for those who have not noticed it.

One month to go. May 21-24, so far no dice on FastPasses for 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and AK FoP for the 21st and 22nd... I guess that's punishment for staying at Windsor Hills offsite instead of a Disney hotel.

Just got an email from Touringplans.com stating that for 3 of the days we are there, they are adding morning EMH. So that makes 4 days out of 6 that we are there that we have a chance to get there early and ride FoP. Here's hoping i can get up that early !!!

I had noticed that too. I'm really wondering their reason behind this. Our AK day is 5/5 (the last day of the 20th celebration) and they were already had EMH listed for that morning, but then bumped opening up to 8 so now EMHs start at 7. They're closing at 10:30 that night too. Granted I'm thankful for all the extra time in AK that day since we dropped our 2nd day in that park, but it should be fun trying to get everyone up early that morning to get on the bus. I'm just glad we have our resort days scheduled the day before and day after because we're going to need it!

Make that 5 out of 6 days we are there. Just got another email from Touringplans.com stating that AK now is opening early another day. Wowzers !!!

One month to go. May 21-24, so far no dice on FastPasses for 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and AK FoP for the 21st and 22nd... I guess that's punishment for staying at Windsor Hills offsite instead of a Disney hotel.

That's when I'm going too. Also at Windsor Hills. Also no fp for 7DMT and FoP. There were some evening Peter Pan's still available on one of my days but I think Peter Pan will likely happen at rd. 7DMT at close.

We are 17 days out, Magicbands and luggage tags in my possession!

Last week I found out that I will have to be out of town for this week(I'm in a hotel room right now), most of next week and at least 1/2 of the following week for work-UGH! I mean it keeps me really busy while I'm waiting for my trip, but I'm stressing about getting stuff together and packed.
I am so going to need this vacation after this craziness! I told DH that I WILL be having my share of adult beverages while at Disney!

I stayed off DisBoards for as long as I could (I spent WAY TOO MANY HOURS on here before my last trip), but had to jump in and say hello to my fellow May-ers!!

We are staying in 2 BWV studios May 15-20 and are excited for the Flower & Garden events!

Garden Grocer order in, DME luggage tags & magic bands arrived, so we are getting close!! 18 more days!!

Me and DS just booked a last minute short weekend trip to WDW May 10 - 13 staying at Saratoga Springs (we're DVC members).
Of course DS who is 18 wants to do FOP so I called to see if there was availability for the Ultimate Nights of Adventure tour and of course there is not.
In past when I've booked special tours such as the illuminations boat tour there's been groups that get together and book to reduce the cost. Is there such a thing for VIP tours? The cost is $425 and hour and up for a minumum of 7 continuous hours but when you work that out, it's cheaper than booking the Ultimate Night of Advenutre tour if you have 10 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!