Official May 2018

I'm getting an AP while I'm at WDW on a family trip in November since we're going again in August. Thinking "the tickets are already paid for!" make it so easy to justify an extra trip in addition to what the family has planned.

Pencil me in for May 16-20!! Hoping to stay at the Poly, but I'll see what's out there when discounts come out in January or so :)

Just booked POFQ for May 12-19!! So excited, because it will be almost exactly 11 years since the last trip, our 5-year wedding anniversary, and DH's first time! (And if anyone looks back and reads my posts from 10 years ago - different DH, haha)

My return flight has been booked!
Only 7.5 months to go!:rotfl2:
I have 2 of our 4 tickets for our return booked. I'm hoping prices go down, but at this point I don't think they are so I'm probably going to suck it up and just book them. I keep telling myself I need to start figuring out where we want to eat so I can get an idea on what reservations I need to make, but this far out I'm just not motivated.

I have 2 of our 4 tickets for our return booked. I'm hoping prices go down, but at this point I don't think they are so I'm probably going to suck it up and just book them. I keep telling myself I need to start figuring out where we want to eat so I can get an idea on what reservations I need to make, but this far out I'm just not motivated.

We're in a 2 bedroom villa so we're don't breakfast and dinner in the room. The only reservation I have my heart set on is tusker house for late breakfast.

I think I'm more motivated than I should be getting so far out. Can't wait!

I think for me a lot of out is calendars not being out yet. I'm sure once they're out I'll be in planning mode. :) I'm thinking of trying to get Tusker House for breakfast too. I'm hoping to snag an Ohana breakfast on our last day. We decided to make that a tradition after our last trip.

We're in a 2 bedroom villa so we're don't breakfast and dinner in the room. The only reservation I have my heart set on is tusker house for late breakfast.

I think I'm more motivated than I should be getting so far out. Can't wait!

I love the late breakfast at Tusker House. I get to try different things and dh still gets to eat all the bacon he wants.

I know we'll do Chef Mickey's because we're staying at the Contemporary but no clue what else we'll do. We're going in November so I'm focused on that right now. My May ADR day falls during our November trip. I wish it fell after so I would know if we want to revisit any of the November restaurants. I'm thinking we should book some monorail resort ADRs since we'll be so close.

Last I heard mid October. It felt like they were out earlier last year, but I think part of that may have been because we had a shorter turn around time from on when we started planning our last trip compared to this one.

I just saw that undercover tourist has a calendar out for May. It doesn't have park times, but it does have a crowd predictor along with suggested parks per day. I'm not sure how much I'd agree with the suggestions since hours haven't been released yet. Normally we try to avoid parks with EMH even though we stay on property. It gives us somewhere to start though.

I'm sitting in the laundry room at the Poly right now and have convinced my DW to come back in May, no set dates yet but hoping for the 12th-19th. We still have 5 days on this trip but it makes it so much better when you know when you are going back.

May 26-31 here! Booked at our home resort - SSR, but will be possibly trying to switch to BLT, Poly or VGF 7 months out. We're still trying to decide.

Irma cut our Sept trip short (stayed 2.5 days out of 7). "Finishing" the trip in May! We were at VGF before Irma and trying to decide if we want to finish our trip somewhere different or where we started it :)

Last edited:
Hoping to be there for cheer again this year. Have already booked POP (Room Only) just in case.
If discounts come out soon and I can get a better rate, I will be changing. These small cheer trips will get me through until Star Wars opens!

Halloween 2015 BC, Christmas 2016 CBR, May 2017 (Cheer) BW DS....hoping for May 2018 and Summer 2019!

I'm starting to get excited since calendars should be out soon and finally started to get into planning mode. We decided that we're going to try to add an O'hana dinner to our already planned Tusker House and O'hana breakfasts. I've started planning out Animal Kingdom day and have a good idea of what we plan on fast passing.

So much for staying at Boardwalk. I submitted my request to David's Rentals and it got denied. I figured 7 months out would be ok, but apparently not ! Oh well, looks like we'll be staying at AKL savannah view again.. Which isn't bad of course - it's nice to see the Savannah, but we really wanted to stay at Boardwalk.

So much for staying at Boardwalk. I submitted my request to David's Rentals and it got denied. I figured 7 months out would be ok, but apparently not ! Oh well, looks like we'll be staying at AKL savannah view again.. Which isn't bad of course - it's nice to see the Savannah, but we really wanted to stay at Boardwalk.

Wow! I would think at least pool/garden view would be available. Did you request a studio? I hear those are the hardest to get. 1 bedrooms apparently are easier. I lined up a DISer at 12 months for our standard view. I wasn't taking any chances! :rotfl2:

Sorry about Boardwalk. Unfortunately, BW and BC are hard to get at 7 months anytime there is a festival going on. I tried to book BC Sunday, right at my 7 month window, and ended up with BW instead. But hey at least we're going to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter