Official May 2018

Hello Fellow May'ers!

I'm so excited!!! My DS graduates college in May and to celebrate we are going to WDW! It will be myself, DH, DS, and his GF.

Ok, truth is we go to WDW every year, but this trip is going to be extra special. DS knows that we are going - he thinks we are staying at CSR, but we are going to surprise him with the Polynesian! We stayed there several years in a row when he was a little and many of our favorite family memories were made there. Since 2010 we've stayed at CSR to save money, and it's a wonderful resort, but it's not the Polynesian!

DH doesn't want him to know until we pull up in front of the Poly, so instead of taking DME from the airport we are going to get a car service to take us over. It's going to be hard to keep this a secret-I talk a lot with DS about our Disney plans.

His GF has been to WDW twice. Once when she was very small and doesn't remember. The 2nd time was about 6 years ago and she said that it was only for 1 day and it rained the whole time. She's not even sure what parks they went to only that it was a lot of rushing around. Neither time did they stay onsite. She is such a sweetheart and so much fun, I'm so glad that we will get to show her Disney the right way.
This sounds wonderful!! What you and your family are doing is the exact same thing I want to do when my son graduates in the future.

This sounds wonderful!! What you and your family are doing is the exact same thing I want to do when my son graduates in the future.

I see in you signature that your son is 6-that's when we started with our son. Was only suppose to be a 1 and done trip, but the Disney bug bit us and here we are planning a college graduation trip. I can see my son grow up in our pics from Chef Mickey's among many others. Our first trip we stayed at AS Movies, he was all about Toy Story, had a Woody doll that went everywhere he went. I think we might have to recreate some pics from that first trip, wonder if they still have RC there?

Time flies, treasure the moments!

I see in you signature that your son is 6-that's when we started with our son. Was only suppose to be a 1 and done trip, but the Disney bug bit us and here we are planning a college graduation trip. I can see my son grow up in our pics from Chef Mickey's among many others. Our first trip we stayed at AS Movies, he was all about Toy Story, had a Woody doll that went everywhere he went. I think we might have to recreate some pics from that first trip, wonder if they still have RC there?

Time flies, treasure the moments!
Yes my son is 6 and he has been to Disney every year since he has been born. My husband and I are huge Disney fans even before our child. I can't wait to celebrate his graduation trip at Disney. We were there last May and saw this couple there with their son and he was wearing a graduation cap with Mickey ears for their pictures. I loved it and saw future visions of us doing that too. I'm also hoping way down the road that my husband and I can take our son and his future girlfriend/wife on our trips too!

Yes my son is 6 and he has been to Disney every year since he has been born. My husband and I are huge Disney fans even before our child. I can't wait to celebrate his graduation trip at Disney. We were there last May and saw this couple there with their son and he was wearing a graduation cap with Mickey ears for their pictures. I loved it and saw future visions of us doing that too. I'm also hoping way down the road that my husband and I can take our son and his future girlfriend/wife on our trips too!

I’m sure it’s silly and he may or may not use it, but I found an Autograph Mickey on eBay. The Mickey is wearing a graduation hat and is white so that you can get autographs on it. I thought that was unique and that it would be fun to do since we are doing several character meals. And the grad ears for DS are a must have- I will probably buy them as soon as they come available online.

We're down to 90! I'm still playing around with the idea of switching up a few of our park days. It really depends on if Toy Story Land is going to open on our trip. With talks of them closing TSMM to move the entrance that was the only ride we had planned. DS is tall enough for ToT, but I really don't think he'll go on it. I wanted him to do Jedi Training and I know DD would love the Frozen stage show, but we didn't really have plans for anything else

Hi everyone, not been here quite a time. Down to 107 days, and sooo excited. Any news about Toy Story opening and do you think it will be as crazy as Pandora was? I saw pictures of the lines and - wow!! I'm also very happy that we can visit the Flower and Garden Festival this year, never been there before and I want to take a lot of pictures. Well, happy planning to all of you out there from good old Bavaria. :wave2:

This next week last year at the earnings call they announced opening date for Pandora. Hoping we hear something for Toy Story Land this week. Having the Star Wars event closing the park at 6pm on Sun the 27th does not lend to an opening weekend but who knows with Disney.

90 days out from our trip!!! :cool1: I can hardly wait. Airline tickets are booked, villa is booked and I'll be buying park tickets next month. I think we will rent 2 cars for the drive from Miami to Orlando. It's 6 adults with luggage so a mini van and an SUV then we'll just keep the mini van for the week to move around with. I think we can manage with the luggage and all the bodies for the drive to MCO. What do you guys think?

I'm doing the same thing! Well, close. My birthday is the 14th, ds will be away at 5th grade camp the 15th through the 18th. My long distance bestie got a pin code she didn't plan on using so I talked her into a girls only trip to celebrate my birthday. We'll be there along with a FL friend 5/15-19 and I couldn't be more thrilled to experience WDW with a group of girlfriends
I'm going on a solo trip - a "mental health holiday" May 16- 22.

88 Days and counting, May 5 - 18th ! Can't wait. Really hoping to hear about TSL Soft openings or DVC / AP Preview dates SOON! :)

We got to do previews in Pandora last year and they were awesome ! Rode FoP multiple times with no wait. I want some slinky dog action now.

Yeah i read on the All Ears newsletter that the official opening is Memorial Day weekend

Saw that too, thinking, maybe After the 7th ? I am there until the 18th !

It was awesome when we were there for Pandora preview. Were staying at AKV and all the press and big wigs were brought there for the press stuff the last few days before it opened. And they were all walking around with these cool VIP lanyards and stuff and looking all important and typing away madly at phones and laptops and stuff ... and there I was thinking ... Meh, I already spent two days in Pandora ... guess I am even more of a VIP ...:P Of course, I didn't get any of the fancy crap they did or the comped food / rooms ... but still :)

Now, need to make this happen with TSL !

Joining the double digit countdown club!

May is coming quick - only have to flip 3 pages on the refrigerator calendar!

Guess that most of us have our ADR's in place and now planning the FP's, while checking park hours, soft openings, ride closures, special events, early mornings, late nights, character meetings, bus schedules, hopper options, crowd levels, tour groups, and whatever else I may be missing :hyper:

Happy planning everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!