****Official May 2019 thread****

I got an email a few days ago that SouthWest changed our departure flight time from Orlando. Instead of leaving at 7:05 am its now 10:55 am. Soo happy! I did not want to be up at 3-4am to get the ME. In fact I had been watching if the price would drop on a later flight. We may even be able to squeeze in a nice/quick breakfast at Roaring Fork before hand! Waahoo!

I would like to make a few more tweaks to my plans but just not feeling the drive to constantly check for availability(I wonder if something is wrong with me. lol). What we have right now is still awesome and it will be a great trip. I will be checking on the 30 day mark though if any ToT comes available for the morning of the day I want. lol

I just can't wait to be there with my hubby and just soak it all in!!!

Just checked in on my Southwest flights (mainly based on the discussion about flights being changed) and found our point rate went from 11kish to 6280. Score! I was kinda bummed about the point cost being so high but now we're back in business and one of the cheapest rates I've seen ever for that route. Fingers crossed they don't adjust us too badly.

I'm anxiously awaiting them updating the May hours. Is it next Thursday they come out or should it be tomorrow? I'm confused lol. I just want to see what the 18th holds!

Also - our flight is due in at 5pm on the 18th. We've arranged for DME as we want them to take our bags for us. However, we'd like to hit MK that night and I don't really want to deal with delays getting on it, the travel time to POFQ and the travel time from POFQ to MK. So we're considering Uber/Lyft directly to MK with our carryon that we'll stick in the the lockers and enjoy our evening.

If we do that, do we need to check in with DME first to make sure our bags are picked up?

I'm anxiously awaiting them updating the May hours. Is it next Thursday they come out or should it be tomorrow? I'm confused lol. I just want to see what the 18th holds!

Also - our flight is due in at 5pm on the 18th. We've arranged for DME as we want them to take our bags for us. However, we'd like to hit MK that night and I don't really want to deal with delays getting on it, the travel time to POFQ and the travel time from POFQ to MK. So we're considering Uber/Lyft directly to MK with our carryon that we'll stick in the the lockers and enjoy our evening.

If we do that, do we need to check in with DME first to make sure our bags are picked up?

I anticipate hours will update tomorrow for May!! I'm anxious to see what changes they make, too.

I’m really hoping the AK hours will be extended. At the moment the park is scheduled to close at 8:30 on the day we plan to stay until close. It would be very disappointing if the park closes only a half hour after sunset.

I am waiting for park hour updates too! Really hoping for extended hours at MK on Mother's Day!

Last edited:
I am waiting for park hour updates too! Really going for extended hours at MK on Mother's Day!

Thanks for the reminder! I was so excited about the SW Ep IX panel at Celebration, I had forgotten about the hours update this morning. I'll have to keep an eye on that, too. :D

They updated them today! Unsure if it means I'll change any of my plans. MK & AK are open later for my dates now, and the Saturday of my trip MK is 8am-11pm. I'm so tempted to RP MK that day now, because I can usually get a ton done before noon with an 8am opening. Decisions, decisions. I also really enjoy AK late at night so that might be a change too, heading back to AK for drinks & Everest on repeat...
ETA: Thoughts on AK or MK for a Saturday night? I can't quite decide. I'd probably be arriving back at the park at 8pm so either 8-10AK or 8-11MK. The extended hours makes me want to shy away from MK because of crowds, but also there's so much more to do in MK.

Last edited:
So happy, my ME tags came yesterday and I called today to make the corrections and request another tag....so happy flying Southwest and getting to check two bags so I can bring my goodies home...Time to start a packing list......Coronado Springs and Beach Club! here I come!!!!:moped::jumping3:

Bday trip booked, I'm turning 30. :scared: May 10-13, staying at YC. I'll be doing my first DAH at DHS which I'm thinking will give me more precious pool time at SAB and more time to eat my way through the Flower & Garden Festival. :butterfly
My May 4-11 trip is also a birthday trip. Birthday is May 10. I wish I was only turning 30. I'll be 45. :crazy2:
It's my b-day trip as well but I have you both beat. I'll be 53. LOL I will be there May 5-12.

And my magicband arrived last nite!

Mothers Day got extended to 10pm at MK! Was hoping for 11 but 10 will do!

Have they released any more fastpasses yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!