****Official May 2019 thread****

3 days to go, and I’ve caught the nuclear crud that my 1st grader brought home last week. Praying I feel better before my 6am flight on Friday...

That all sounds so great! I am almost sad we won't make it to Shula's on this trip, I love it so much.

Yes Shula's has become a MUST-DO every trip for me. I'm excited to see the newly refurbished restaurant. From the pictures it looks amazing. Also they changed their menu up a bit with some minor adjustments.

We planned a last minute trip, we're going the 12th to the 18th and I've been lucky enough to get all the ADRs I wanted except Homecomin'.
I'm hoping that means it won't be too crowded that week.

What day for Homecomin' were you looking at? Most likely going to be cancelling a lunch reservation we have set for the 15th (party of 2)

You are so sweet! Unfortunately, we can only do it on the 13th or the 18th.
I think we're going to try and do a walk in. If it doesn't happen we're thinking D-lux (I think that's the name) or Polite Pig.
I guess shrimp and grits will have to wait for another trip, lol.

You are so sweet! Unfortunately, we can only do it on the 13th or the 18th.
I think we're going to try and do a walk in. If it doesn't happen we're thinking D-lux (I think that's the name) or Polite Pig.
I guess shrimp and grits will have to wait for another trip, lol.

Yeah you can always try to walk up. I hear if you go when they open up you you have a good chance to get in. D-Luxe is a good option as a backup plan. Never tried the polite pig but heard mostly good things.

We just added a night we now arrive on the 12th just before Midnight at POP. Ok to be honest, we were going to stay at an airport hotel but POP was only $10 more and when you add in the Uber the next day to WDW vs. free DME it just made sense.

So, my question is, do I need to call DME ahead of time since we won't be getting luggage tages? I know we'll need to pick up our own bags and I did add our flight info to the reservation when I added DME.

I'm just worried that since its so soon they won't know we're supposed to be there.

We will be there 3 weeks from today. I can't believe the time is going by so fast....hopefully I didn't just jinx myself :rotfl:

T-minus 23 hours until I’ll touch down at MCO! Can not WAIT! The nuclear crud is still hanging on, unfortunately. I don’t think that’s going to stop me from having a celebratory vacation mimosa on my flight tomorrow though.

I have been to TSL at all the other parks around the world, but none of them have a Slinky Dog roller coaster, so that’s super high on my list.

Also excited for my first visit to Disney Springs and taking the Behind the Seeds tour. Also trying Flying Fish, Boma, and Sebastian’s for the first time.

Only four days left!

Slinky Dog is so much fun....but during our first ride the skies opened up and got us! It rained so hard that it felt like needles hitting our faces. We were soaked...but it was really fun! We always try to do something new every trip. This trip we're doing the character meal at Artist Point, CG brunch, Garden Grill BF, Biergarten (I did eat here in the late 80's/early 90's but I don't think that counts, lol), and Bon Voyage BF.

We just added a night we now arrive on the 12th just before Midnight at POP. Ok to be honest, we were going to stay at an airport hotel but POP was only $10 more and when you add in the Uber the next day to WDW vs. free DME it just made sense.

So, my question is, do I need to call DME ahead of time since we won't be getting luggage tages? I know we'll need to pick up our own bags and I did add our flight info to the reservation when I added DME.

I'm just worried that since its so soon they won't know we're supposed to be there.
As long as you have your flight info adjusted, you should be ok. You won't be using the luggage tags anyway. The only purpose of them is to alert staff that they belong to a disney guest so they get picked up at the airport. Since you will be getting your own bags you won't need them. We actually did the same as you. We were originally flying out friday morning at o'dark thirty. By flying out thursday night we saved over $400....which I promptly applied to a night's stay at WL :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!