****Official May 2019 thread****

I decided to make reservation for Le Cellier. We are planning on hanging out at the resort that day since it's the weekend. So a short excursion to Canada is all I have to do that day.

Hey everyone! Figured I should join in now that my November trip is over and my next trip is in May for my DUH DUH DUH 40th birthday extravaganza on May 9th! DH and I are staying at the Poly for the first time, and since it's a big deal birthday, we're trying to do extras we wouldn't normally do. Our 15th anniversary is on May 1 so originally we were going to go from May 1-12 but the Poly wasn't available the whole time and I didn't want to do a split stay so now our dates are May 8-15. But, I may add on a few days at the beginning of the trip and stay at Universal for a couple of days.

So far for ADR's I have the Cali Grill brunch, Cali Grill on my birthday (5/9), Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Yachtsman, 50's Prime Time, and our favorite breakfasts 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, and Trattoria al Forno. We've never been to AP, Yachtsman, or 50's so those will be new to us.
I look forward to planning with you all :)
Hey @areno79, I didn't know you were going in May! We're missing each other by 2 days, I leave on the 6th :( Yoir dining sounds delicious!

Our trip is the first for DD, so this time, ADRs are all about characters and wherever pb&j & grilled cheese are on the menu (she won't eat pizza or hot dogs, & Mac n cheese & chicken nuggets are iffy. Anyone know where we can get plain tuna with mayo? Lol)!

We have breakfasts at:
O'hana
Garden Grill
BOG
Trattoria al Forno (Bon Voyage)

Lunch/Dinners:
Crystal Palace
Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic)
Sci-Fi
T-Rex
Tony's (parade pkg)
Biergarten (that one is for DH)
San Angel Inn
1900 Park Fare

DH & I ate where we wanted on our last trip, so we are willing to go with a few mediocre buffets to sit in the a/c for a while instead of standing in line for character meets.

Hey everyone! Figured I should join in now that my November trip is over and my next trip is in May for my DUH DUH DUH 40th birthday extravaganza on May 9th! DH and I are staying at the Poly for the first time, and since it's a big deal birthday, we're trying to do extras we wouldn't normally do. Our 15th anniversary is on May 1 so originally we were going to go from May 1-12 but the Poly wasn't available the whole time and I didn't want to do a split stay so now our dates are May 8-15. But, I may add on a few days at the beginning of the trip and stay at Universal for a couple of days.

So far for ADR's I have the Cali Grill brunch, Cali Grill on my birthday (5/9), Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Yachtsman, 50's Prime Time, and our favorite breakfasts 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, and Trattoria al Forno. We've never been to AP, Yachtsman, or 50's so those will be new to us.
I look forward to planning with you all :)

OMG My bday is May 9th too and we will be ther celebrating my 30th!!! We r flying in the 8th and then just doing 2 day hoppers on the 9th and 10th.. leaving the kids at home and I cant wait!! We r currently booked at POFQ but I'm hoping to upgrade to either AKL or Contemporary garden wing when discounts are released.

Hi! DH and I are thinking about going in May, but aren't quite sure yet. Help! We are date flexible (no kids) and can go any time. Is May a good time to go (way before Memorial Day weekend, of course)? What are the crowds like? We always used to go in January due to the low crowds. Haven't been since 2011.
Thanks for any advice!

The more I research, the more I am liking 5/5-5/11. We will likely stay at CSR. I know it's undergoing refurb, but it's home for us. The trip is a gift from my parents for our 15th anniversary on 1/3/19! And my cousin works for ESPN, so we will see what rates for CSR, and other resorts look like for that week! pixiedust:

Hi! DH and I are thinking about going in May, but aren't quite sure yet. Help! We are date flexible (no kids) and can go any time. Is May a good time to go (way before Memorial Day weekend, of course)? What are the crowds like? We always used to go in January due to the low crowds. Haven't been since 2011.
Thanks for any advice!
I love going in May and recommend it over April to clients as in general crowds are lower other than right around Memorial Weekend! I think the weather is beautiful, too. Usually the humidity doesn't roll in until later in the month (but don't hold me to that lol) plus you get F&G! I've gone in May the last couple years and am so glad I'm going again next year :) You should do it!

You know that fabulous feeling when you pull the trigger and book a trip to The World???

HOORAY! That’s me today!

May 10-18 at Pop Century! This is a budget solo trip, and I’m so very excited. I haven’t done Flower and Garden for several years, and I’m looking forward to it immensely!
I dream of doing a solo trip someday! Flower and Garden is my favorite time to go. Congrats!

I was planning our our potential May 2019 trip on Monday (slow day) and saw that park hours are mostly 9a-9p. Is that standard for this time of year? Or might they still change?

Thanks!

Just pulled the trigger on flights! I had been stalking JetBlue multiple times a day since they released the fares for May and this morning they finally went low enough to buy! Yay!

May special offers are out! Sun offer! Up to 30% off rooms! I tried to modify my res online, but it said no availability for my dates blah blah. So I called and saved $1k!

Everybody call now! This is not a drill lol.

I'm a little disappointed that Poly is only 15%. It'll still save us some money, but I was hoping for 30%. I'm not sure that the room only discount will help much off our package and I'm not sure if I can save enough to move from Poly to another resort.

I'm a little disappointed that Poly is only 15%. It'll still save us some money, but I was hoping for 30%. I'm not sure that the room only discount will help much off our package and I'm not sure if I can save enough to move from Poly to another resort.

Yeah contemporary is only 15% off too, but it still saved us $1000. I’ll take whatever savings I can get.

I will say the website is impossible now. I called and it was a lot easier.

Just saved $400 on Pop! Thanks for the heads up! I’m so happy! The website took absolute ages, but I got there in the end. I’m still on hold (60+ minute waits, is what was quoted) to make sure everything went through ok.

I got a 25% discount when I booked with a special promotion on moderate resort so I don't think I will get any better with this offer. Do you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter