"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

We attended the Tuesday, December 13 party having REALLY like the Halloween party in the past. I would reiterate what people say bout it being crowded but it seems like everyone is focused on main street and the ride lines were relatively short. We got a last minute parade spot and enjoyed that. In the end, wee decided that we prefer the halloween experience.

We attended the Tuesday, December 13 party having REALLY like the Halloween party in the past. I would reiterate what people say bout it being crowded but it seems like everyone is focused on main street and the ride lines were relatively short. We got a last minute parade spot and enjoyed that. In the end, wee decided that we prefer the halloween experience.
We prefer the Halloween party too....but no one does Christmas like Disney!

DW and I were there on Friday the 16th. Very busy, but the lines for the rides were short. Got on 7DMR in 20 minutes.

Went to the party on Tues Dec 13. We had a great time! Focused on shows, parade, a few rides, and all the treats our tummies could handle!

Went in with a plan, and it turned out okay. Yes, Main Street felt very crowded, but that was expected.

Got to the park around 3. Had a park hopper ticket, so just entered through regular line. Glad we did, the party line was long! Went on a couple of rides, ate dinner, and ended up in Tomorrowland area when the party officially started.

Grabbed treats right away, hopped inside Club Tinsel for dance party (polar bears are fun!), saw 7:40 Totally Tomorrowland show, 8:05 Voiceplay (they were fantastic!), cut across main st, circled around enjoying more treats, a couple of rides, and atmosphere, watched 9:25 castle stage show, found a spot for fireworks, then went ahead and stayed on main st until 11:00 parade because it was so busy feeling. It was more relaxing to just sit and absorb everything around us. popcorn::

A few minutes after 11 a voice came over the loud speakers and said "Due to technical difficulties..." then cut out. Oh my gosh! Talk about panic, :scared1: I thought they were going to cancel. Everyone started mumbling, trying to figure out what was going on. A couple minutes after that, another announcement came on (I've never heard main street so quiet!), that said due to technical difficulties they were delaying the parade a few moments. Whew! I can handle that!

Anyway, the parade went on. We had a fantastic view at the back of the hub, curbside seat, with castle in the background.

After parade we only had time to go back to ride 7DMT, only waited about 15 min.

Overall, we had a fantastic time! Weather was perfect, warm. I wore shorts and a light weight Elf shirt.

We made it to all the treat stations (some multiple times!), except the circus one. I loved the eggnog. Peppermint cookies were my favorite.

I also loved seeing the special lighting everywhere (candy cane on BTMM!). Cast members were fantastic, cheerful, and helpful.

Only glitch happened when my magic band rejected my pin and I had to go to guest services to reset it. Turned out okay because we strolled down main street again (love the snow, even though I'm from up north and see it all the time! Lol) and got more large snowman cookies from inside city hall.

We took our time leaving, snapping pics as went, soaking in as much party as we could. Got back to the room around 1:30 (when we found out mousekeeping didn't clean it that day! But that's a whole other story...!). :faint:

So to sum up: would I do the party again? Yes. In a heart beat. ::yes::

Was at the party last night. Our priority was the parade, fireworks, stage show and goodies
Arrived around 6pm, no lines or issues getting in, got handed the bug snowman cookies while walking through the passage.Got pics with the big ornament, again no wait
Had dinner and then grabbed our spot for the first parade at 7pm, like I said we were not going to do rides or characters and we don't mind waiting a long time for a good spot. As soon as the announcement came on and the snow started (7pm) I left my DD16 holding spots and I went to Tomorrowland through the backstage passage to get the peppermint cookies, after I went straight to Sleepy Hollow for the pumpkin spice waffle with ice cream and got back to our Main Street spot by 7:30pm
Here are some pics from that spot
15578965_10211676124964433_4177983192573059579_n.jpg

15540883_10211676165885456_1562369838262013318_o.jpg

after the parade we went for some egg nog and giner molasses cookies at Heritage House and grabbed a spot for the 9:25 show, It's a cute show but I think I liked the old one better, I could do without the texting song :)

Sat down by the grassy area in front of Casey's and had the most perfect spot for Holiday Wishes, after went over to the Hub to grab a spot for the show again and the parade
The show started but soon it started sprinkling and they cancelled it mid show.
The parade came down on time, here are pics from that spot
15621807_10211676153405144_6753637068438346445_n.jpg

15621970_10211676160605324_215293658185064327_n.jpg

15578027_10211676155805204_2886051248251264407_o.jpg

15585329_10211676153885156_8240425254824810889_o.jpg

15590067_10211676163805404_2112770319444517320_n.jpg

The plan was to wait for the midnight show but my DD was tired so we headed to Adventureland for the snickerdoodle cookies but they had the small snowman instead

Walked past Sandy Claws around 11"30 and the line was very short, I would say maybe about 20 minute wait

Last edited:

Attended the party last night. Rain held off for the most part (I got sprinkled on while my hubby had the kids on Space Mountain around 10:45 but that was it. All in all a great night, and didn't feel like a sell out!

Not sure how much this will help, as there's only 1 party left, but a few tips....

We arrived at the Scrooge / Donald line later than planned (6:40) and the line was pretty long. Waited until almost 8 to meet them. Definitely line up before 6:30 if trying to maximize party time.

Grabbed a spot for the fireworks in the plaza garden at 9:45. Plenty of available spots still. Perfect location.

Immediately bolted to Tomorrowland to meet Nick and Judy after Holiday Wishes. Waited less than a half hour. They were an amazing meet. Lots of fun and great interaction. They definitely took their time with everyone.

Hope everyone attending the last party has a great time!!!!

I have 2 favors to ask, if a fellow Dis member can help out. First, we went to MVMCP on 11/10 (wrote a post about it back then). DS' highlight was meeting Scrooge McDuck with Donald Duck, since he had become obsessed with Ducktales. He's almost 8, and we don't do a whole lot of M+Gs or signatures, so the ones that he wanted we got on 5x7 photo mattes or blank character cards from the hotel. (Those are those cards that have the sleeve inside to put a 5x7 picture. Usually have a picture of Mickey and Minnie in them with a message.) Since we've been home, I haven't been able to find that particular card we got signed. Would anybody who's going to a party be able to get one signed for us. I could either mail you a photo matte or if you're staying on property, you could ask for a blank character card from the front desk.

I know it's a lot to ask. My camera didn't make it home with me (another post I wrote) and now I think I'm just trying to overcompensate with other Disney stuff lol. Thank you to anyone who can help with any part of this. You can message me

I figured with one party left, I would give this one last shot. One of the things I needed help with was taken care of by a wonderful DISer. For the signatures, obviously at this point I couldn't mail a matte, so it would either have to be a blank character card from a Disney hotel, or just a plain old piece of paper. If anyone is going to party on the 22nd and can help out, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Sorry I couldn't help this past Sunday:( My three (late) teens, husband, Mother and I were at the party but didn't go for any meet and greets. We went during our Universal trip to get our Disney ride fix and it was my Moms first trip there so we ran from ride to ride all night. I hope someone sees this and can help you out:)

Last edited:
We are here too! Waiting in line for the ducks...looks like the rain may hold off!

Hmmmm....not positive because of the costumes in your avatar picture but you were right behind us, yes? We were in the red/white scarf hats? Ah - I'm mostly postiive. :wave:

Last edited:
I figured with one party left, I would give this one last shot. One of the things I needed help with was taken care of by a wonderful DISer. For the signatures, obviously at this point I couldn't mail a matte, so it would either have to be a blank character card from a Disney hotel, or just a plain old piece of paper. If anyone is going to party on the 22nd and can help out, that would be awesome. Thanks!
Hey Shell....We will be at the last MVMCP on Thursday.... I'm know my son will be obsessing about the Scrooge character... (and a few others characters too!) We'll see what we can do to get that autograph.
Contact me today or tonight for more specifics if needed.
Robert and Gage
Buckeev (at sign) aol (dot) com.

Here tonight and it's mental! The crowds at the castle lighting put a bit of a damper on things, but a very nice lady scooched over and gave us a a front row spot for the parade. So all is good with the world, for now.
More to follow.

I found someone that is at the party tonight and will take the picture

Buckeev
You can pm him as he is at the party now

Contact me by pm for more help

Ha. I love everyones faces. My daughter got the zero magic shot and he is on top of her. Then they asked her to look down and to the right and he is still on top of her. :)
Yep. This is our "normal" shot....right on top of my son! Though he did ask me earlier if he could "hold" Zero in the picture....so I guess he sort of got his wish!!IMG_3147.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter