"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally bought ours this week for 11/28. My husband would like me to get tickets for a second party but I'm not sure. We have only been to the Christmas party once about 4 years ago. We have gone to the Halloween party the past 3 years and have found it takes 2 parties to really feel like we have seen and done everything we want which is mainly to see the Boo to You parade multiple times. I just don't know if we will feel the same about the Christmas party.
Of course it's all subjective, but I will say - as a family who has ALWAYS done 2 Halloween parties - we've never felt the need to do MVMCP more than once per trip. YMMV

We always do at least two parties as I feel one is not enough to see all characters we want PLUS all the special attractions. We have a blast each and every party we do and I've never felt like it was repetitive.

We are so excited to be going to the Christmas Party this year! We haven't been in years! What does everyone wear? Christmas shirts? Christmas Pj's?
Ugly sweaters? I would love to see some pics for inspiration!

We are so excited to be going to the Christmas Party this year! We haven't been in years! What does everyone wear? Christmas shirts? Christmas Pj's?
I think I'm going to put my kids in Christmas pjs. Maybe a Christmas sweater for me if it's chilly.

12/8. Tickets are in my MDE although I think I got a hard ticket as well when I ordered but I have no idea where that is.

I think I'm going to put my kids in Christmas pjs. Maybe a Christmas sweater for me if it's chilly.
What do you consider chilly? Is it warm jacket weather(Dec. 7), Christmas sweater? I'm from Vancouver, just north of Seattle.Our chilly is probably a lot different from your idea of chilly.

I bought a Winnipeg Jets ugly sweater specifically for the party, it's been sitting in my dresser since June :laughing: I think my friend is debating wearing a onesie. Also bringing my light up Christmas lights necklace from a few years ago with me. Love the necklace but the replacement batteries cost more than the cost of the thing.

What do you consider chilly? Is it warm jacket weather(Dec. 7), Christmas sweater? I'm from Vancouver, just north of Seattle.Our chilly is probably a lot different from your idea of chilly.

I'm just north of Toronto and a few years ago, it got down to around 10c and I found it so cold. Don't know if it was just because it was Florida and the day before it had been around 20c but I was wearing many layers and I was still cold. The odd thing though, if it had been 10c here in November, it's t-shirt weather. There was also one night where we could see our breath and it was raining, so that made it even worse.

Just bring something for if it's cold and something for if it's warm, you never know what the weather is going to be like. We're driving so space isn't an issue but we're bringing gloves, hoodies, pants, lots of layers but also shorts, leggings and t-shirts.

We're going to three different parties and dressing up for all of them. We're doing ugly sweaters, Christmas PJs and one with Christmas inspired dresses. Christmas PJs seems to be the most uncommon of all three options, but we're excited to take pictures with them, it'll be much fun!

We are going to the first party on Nov. 9. We have 5:00 pm dinner reservations at 'Ohana and then heading over when done (around 6ish I assume). Should we expect long lines at the gate?

I'm from Alabama so I guarantee our ideas of chilly are very different. :) If it dips below 65F I'll be in a sweater or jacket. I've never been to Orlando in the winter but I hear it's similar to Alabama, in that, some days can be quite cold while other days can reach the 80s.

I'm from Alabama so I guarantee our ideas of chilly are very different. :) If it dips below 65F I'll be in a sweater or jacket. I've never been to Orlando in the winter but I hear it's similar to Alabama, in that, some days can be quite cold while other days can reach the 80s.

I'm coming from AL too. Yes, it's similar. We were there December 2014, and the night we did the IllumiNations Cruise it was around 45 degrees. We were bundled up in gloves, hats, jackets and were very happy blankets were provided on the boat. Other days we needed jackets. I can now be comfortable in long sleeves shirts or lightweight Northface jacket that I have with shorts; body is now acclimated to temperatures that DD9 has been playing year round softball --- start off cool end up hot depending on where we are playing. Then other days @ WDW only short and t-shirts, so hot and cold, with some cool mornings and warm days. Yes, just like weather in AL.

I'm from Oklahoma. We have really cold winds (like minus 0 windchills) but I've only really had one winter trip (Feb/March) where I actually had cold weather but still only needed a hoodie. I will be there in Dec. I plan to go with my Florida Winter fall back position.

I usually pack for warm (tshirts/shorts/capri jeans) and then bring layers that can go over or under. (one long sleeve body shirt that fits under my tshirts and one sweatshirt or hoodie/jeans that is my emergency cold outfit that could go over a tshirt or shorts)

I can do the body shirt/tshirt or tshirt/sweatshirt or hoodie with any of the bottom items short/capri/jean and handle anything Florida has sent my way.

We're going to three different parties and dressing up for all of them. We're doing ugly sweaters, Christmas PJs and one with Christmas inspired dresses. Christmas PJs seems to be the most uncommon of all three options, but we're excited to take pictures with them, it'll be much fun!

Ooh! That sounds awesome! I would LOVE to do Christmas pj's but I am not sure if I can convince my teenagers!

Just scored BoG for Breakfast on 12/27. Not really particular on where we eat. Originally had a 7:15am flight for $98, but was able to get one for 5:15pm for $20, extra time in Disney is worth it. So I've been trying to get an ADR in the MK forever or @ the Contemporary. Did get ADR @ GG back in September, but prefer to end day @ MK, less stress about missing bus and maximizing last day in a park. Too much Disney? NEVER! :santa: Then scored ADR 1900 PF. Almost had CRT last night, but Sorry Paws... Ugh! called but was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter