"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so excited to be going to the Christmas Party this year! We haven't been in years! What does everyone wear? Christmas shirts? Christmas Pj's?
Last year I wore a pair of jeans, a Mickey Tee, and a light-weight hoodie. I think this year I am gonna have bunny ears and a tail, along with a Zootopia tee and (if its cold) a hoodie or coat depending on temps.

Last year I wore a pair of jeans, a Mickey Tee, and a light-weight hoodie. I think this year I am gonna have bunny ears and a tail, along with a Zootopia tee and (if its cold) a hoodie or coat depending on temps.

I'm curious as to why you want to wear bunny ears and a tail to the Christmas party - that would make more sense at the Halloween party.

I'm from Alabama so I guarantee our ideas of chilly are very different. :) If it dips below 65F I'll be in a sweater or jacket. I've never been to Orlando in the winter but I hear it's similar to Alabama, in that, some days can be quite cold while other days can reach the 80s.
Haha, love it! I'm from CA so <75 I need a light jacket. By 65 I ABSOLUTELY require a sweatshirt :D Sometimes I feel like I must look like the abominable snowman when I visit snow country.

Haha, love it! I'm from CA so <75 I need a light jacket. By 65 I ABSOLUTELY require a sweatshirt :D Sometimes I feel like I must look like the abominable snowman when I visit snow country.
You’re not alone! I’m preparing for winter in mid November, just in case. Packing for this trip has been hard! Anything below 70 is cold to me!

2015 we did Mickey Christmas sweatshirts and were perfectly comfortable. This year my kids want to wear their Disney Christmas Jammies so they'll be in those and my husband and I will likely do Mickey sweaters. We're from the Northeast so anything above 60 is warm!

If it exists, can someone link me to average ride wait times during MVMCP? I was unable to get a 7DMT FP, and I wonder what standby will set us back.
We did a sold out party in 2015 and never waited longer than 20 minutes for 7D. That party we road it 4 times total and each time the posted was 40 minutes but a few of the rides we literally walked right on. Same with Peter Pan, we did that 3 times and the wait was non existent.

I can now join this thread!!!:yay: We were on the fence about going to the Christmas party because our youngest 2 of 3 slept through MNSSHP 2 years ago. Now that they are a little older we are excited to try MVMCP for the first time! I think what won my DH over to the idea is he always likes to stay late the last night of our trip and end the night at MK. Since there is a party our last night it was driving him a little crazy that we wouldn't be continuing the tradition. I explained going to the party would solve that problem.:rolleyes1 It will be myself, DH, DS10, DD7 and DS4 (turning 5 on the trip). We will be going to the November 17 party and no we don't want to meet up, LOL. (I skimmed through this thread).:santa:

We did a sold out party in 2015 and never waited longer than 20 minutes for 7D. That party we road it 4 times total and each time the posted was 40 minutes but a few of the rides we literally walked right on. Same with Peter Pan, we did that 3 times and the wait was non existent.

That’s three years old though. I was told that sold out is a lot more tickets than it was a few years ago so lines are longer now.

Tickets sells have increased, a lot (matter of opinion/more of gradual increase every year), based on current trends from MNSSHP this year, and in comparison to last year, wait times are about the same, walk-on, 5-10 minutes, 10-15 minutes; depending on ride and time of night (if during parade or fireworks/start of party, end of night). 7DMT & PP more like 20-30 minutes. However, there has been instance this year when ride was down so wait time was longer & caused other rides wait times to increase as well.

The link you posted Says 7DMT 40 minutes and up so that’s double the time you said. And that was three years ago so I wouldn’t want to get someone’s hopes up about ride times.

If you want to know ride times for parties just log onto the MDE app during a party (Halloween or Christmas) and check it out. Attraction waits are usually very short, with Peter Pan and 7DMT being around 20-30. But each party is different, so just browse around on the app during parties to see for yourself.

The link you posted Says 7DMT 40 minutes and up so that’s double the time you said. And that was three years ago so I wouldn’t want to get someone’s hopes up about ride times.
7DMT was 40 mins 2 years ago at my MVMCP that forecast to have low attendance. But lots of stuff was walk-on during & after fireworks: teacups, space, BTMRR, hm, POTC, jungle cruise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter