"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, the Green RFID cards are "coded" with ticket info. I would think you would scan your paper ticket for FP+. You can always ask GS.
One of our party did not receive their hard ticket for the MVMCP and one did not come for the 6 day pass.

Two different names, two different addresses, both times got sent back to Disney as "undeliverable."

We were told to take our information to guest services and they would issue a proper ticket, so on our arrival night, that is what we're doing.

We attended the party on Sunday, November 12. We arrived a little before 4 and we were let right into the bypass, stopped for some photos and our first cookie. We then used our FP for Jingle Cruise. Around 5:00pm or so we made our way to wait in line for Nick and Judy. They came out at 6:15pm. We stopped for more snowcones and cookies while checking out the lines for Scrooge, Donald and the 7 Dwarfs. Waited in a short line for Ariel and Prince Eric then made our way to Cinderella/Prince Charming, Elena, Rapunzel/Flynn Rider, Tina/Naveen. We went to the Pinocchio Village Haus twice and placed our extra cookies in a tupperware container for later. Watched the fireworks from behind the castle and then made our way to the 7 Dwarfs. They had the longest wait of the evening. Afterward we made our way to Main Street for the 2nd parade. We were in front of the Art of Disney store and waited 45 minutes or so.

Overall it was about average crowd wise. I feel the 2nd parade had more people then we had thought but I was able to see it. We had a great time and hope to do it again next year!

What was the wait like for Scrooge?! He's the only character we want to meet!

Attending the 11/28 party with a 5yo and 2yo...first parade is really our only option. How early do you think we'd have to get to Liberty Square to watch? I'd like to do the 8:15 show but the parade is more important.

Last edited:

For those that have gone to the party already, does this sound doable?

We are planning on entering MK on a regular ticket around 2 pm on our party day.

Hoping to catch FoF, and then ride Space, Tomorrowland Speedway and BTMRR with FP+.

We have a reservation for Skipper Canteen at 5:15 pm.

It should be after 6 pm by the time dinner is over so I was planning on starting to work our way around the park Adventureland to Fantasyland to Tomorrowland for the next 2 hours (riding rides and getting the free snacks). We have no interest in meeting characters.

I was hoping to make our way to the hub/Main St. area around 8 pm to get a spot for the parade. Is this too late? We could go back to Frontierland, I suppose, or make our way down Main St. a little more, but I was trying to consolidate our walking a little bit.

I then have the 9 pm dessert party with Plaza viewing scheduled more for the view than the desserts. I had heard they now have a reserved spot for the parade for the party guests - is this correct? Can we find a good spot without the party? My other thought is we head down Main St. toward the train station for the parade and fireworks and try to fill in the time a little by getting our Sorcerer's card, maybe meeting Mickey, etc. but that means not doing any more rides or party stuff as I know my DS10 and DH will want to leave right after the fireworks.

Any advice for seeing the first parade and the fireworks without waiting for hours would be greatly appreciated.

The parade won’t arrive near Town Square until about 11:20, so won’t be past until 11:40 or so. It doesn’t snow in the square, but you will get some drifting down from Main Street.
I just wanted to add that this snow is the foam soap kind. We were on main street by the Starbucks and the wind was blowing a little. So the snow was pretty looking up, but never really came down much. Now at Hollywood studios, it came down nice, and we had it in our hair, which made for some cute pictures. We loved the MK Christmas parade but jingle bells jingle bam was really nice too.

We attended the party on Sunday, November 12. We arrived a little before 4 and we were let right into the bypass, stopped for some photos and our first cookie. We then used our FP for Jingle Cruise. Around 5:00pm or so we made our way to wait in line for Nick and Judy. They came out at 6:15pm. We stopped for more snowcones and cookies while checking out the lines for Scrooge, Donald and the 7 Dwarfs. Waited in a short line for Ariel and Prince Eric then made our way to Cinderella/Prince Charming, Elena, Rapunzel/Flynn Rider, Tina/Naveen. We went to the Pinocchio Village Haus twice and placed our extra cookies in a tupperware container for later. Watched the fireworks from behind the castle and then made our way to the 7 Dwarfs. They had the longest wait of the evening. Afterward we made our way to Main Street for the 2nd parade. We were in front of the Art of Disney store and waited 45 minutes or so.

Overall it was about average crowd wise. I feel the 2nd parade had more people then we had thought but I was able to see it. We had a great time and hope to do it again next year!
Thanks for the review! How was the wait for the princessses and their princes (other than the Ariel wait you mentioned).

I would like know about the que for snow and aurora and princes. I am going on a Thursday night, I'm expecting sandy claws to be a 90 min que and Nick and judy to be 90 mins, Ariel and Eric about 30 and the pooh characters to be 30 min. Do you think these are accurate estimate times?

Thanks for the review! How was the wait for the princessses and their princes (other than the Ariel wait you mentioned).

Cinderella/Prince Charming and Elena was posted at 20 and we waited maybe 15, it moved really quickly. Rapunzel/Flynn Rider and Tina/Naveen was a posted 35 minutes and that is about how long it took.

Cinderella/Prince Charming and Elena was posted at 20 and we waited maybe 15, it moved really quickly. Rapunzel/Flynn Rider and Tina/Naveen was a posted 35 minutes and that is about how long it took.

Roughly what time did you go through Rapunzel/Tiana side? If it’s not too bad, I’d like to do that later in the party.

Okay. I KNOW it's been asked and answered before, and I apologize in advance. BUT. Does the snow on Main Street only happen during the parade?

Okay. I KNOW it's been asked and answered before, and I apologize in advance. BUT. Does the snow on Main Street only happen during the parade?
No, it will happen throughout the party, I can't say it is a fixed timing but I can say last year walking in around 5:15 it was snowing and another time or two before the first parade as well as at the end of the night.

About how long did you wait for cookies in each location? Trying to figure out how much time to a lot for this.

There was a line for the toy solider magic shot at closing but I'm not sure about the others.

Line... was it a short line (like 10min) or should we be allotting something like half an hour for this?

About how long did you wait for cookies in each location? Trying to figure out how much time to a lot for this.

Line... was it a short line (like 10min) or should we be allotting something like half an hour for this?

Cookie wait was less than 5 minutes. Toy solider magic shot at closing looked close to 10 or 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter