"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How late do the characters stay out for meet-and-greets/pictures? Are they still around after fireworks?

Oh no! That’s my date too. I would love more reports from people who attended a sold out night - either this year or in the past. I now think my character time estimates weren’t conservative enough.

I've also attended several sold out parties over the years. I agree you'll be fine - for the most part we never noticed much of a difference.

I keep thinking of additional questions. Does Mickey meet during the parade? Thinking of catching the parade near its beginning in Frontierland and rushing over to town square to meet him before the parade finishes.

I keep thinking of additional questions. Does Mickey meet during the parade? Thinking of catching the parade near its beginning in Frontierland and rushing over to town square to meet him before the parade finishes.

He does. We met with him just before the parade last year. Just happened to keep watching the time which remained low during the parade.

thank you for that :) I'm primarily going for the shorter ride lines, so hopefully it's not too bad.

If you're primarily doing rides you'll barely notice a difference. We did a sellout party in 2015 and were able to ride 7D 4x's and Peter Pan 3x's! 7D always seemed to have an overinflated ride time. The entire party it was marked at 45 minutes but we never waited more than 20. Most of the congestion is people stopping to play with the line items. We asked to pass several times and no one ever had a problem.

We want to see the MMMC show, Wishes and 2nd Parade.

Anyone have advice for where to grab a spot? We want to try to see the parade from somewhere on Mainstreet. Does it make more sense to see the 7:40 MMMC show instead of seeing it at 9:25 or 10:30?

How late do the characters stay out for meet-and-greets/pictures? Are they still around after fireworks?
Yes, they’ll still be out after the fireworks. Not all meet until midnight, however, and CMs will cut the lines once they feel the current queue will take the characters to their stopping time, so definitely don’t wait until the very end of the night to try and line up. But we always plan one for right after the fireworks as lines will usually be a bit shorter at that time.

Yes, they’ll still be out after the fireworks. Not all meet until midnight, however, and CMs will cut the lines once they feel the current queue will take the characters to their stopping time, so definitely don’t wait until the very end of the night to try and line up. But we always plan one for right after the fireworks as lines will usually be a bit shorter at that time.
Cool. What are the odds of us being able to meet Jack and the 7 Dwarfs during that space between the end of fireworks and whenever they close up shop for the night? I know these are two of the most popular meets, so I expect long waits and that's fine. Meeting them is literally the only priority once fireworks are over.

@FinnsMom7 - I totally understand. I had to get some things in order last week for work, softball ended for DD, then school field trip I was planning, then lots of updates last week for thread. Whew! I was so ready for Thanksgiving break. Finishing shopping this week, since everyone will get gifts early this year. Now focusing on changing a 2 ADRs, have plan for 12/19, working on one for 12/22. Hopefully, we'll be able to do everything in Post #2. :goodvibes Finished up t-shirts & took to friend, purchased things @ Target for trip, essentials. Ha! Starting to pack, stacks in closet. :rotfl2:Christmas gifts - almost done! :cool1:
23D and counting.

First time party goer here! A few people mentioned Santa Goofy is sometimes at AK, can anyone confirm seeing him there, when, and where? We're also hoping to see MMMC either right before or right after the 11pm parade. Do spots near the stage fill up fast or do most people try for spots on Main St for the snow?

First time party goer here! A few people mentioned Santa Goofy is sometimes at AK, can anyone confirm seeing him there, when, and where? We're also hoping to see MMMC either right before or right after the 11pm parade. Do spots near the stage fill up fast or do most people try for spots on Main St for the snow?

I was there just last week and he was meeting with Pluto in Dinoland. If I remember correctly it was right around Primeval Whirl. Kenny the Pirate has it listed as the Gas station in Dinoland. Hope this helps. We saw him I think right around 2ish? He is out most of the day though I believe.

I was there just last week and he was meeting with Pluto in Dinoland. If I remember correctly it was right around Primeval Whirl. Kenny the Pirate has it listed as the Gas station in Dinoland. Hope this helps. We saw him I think right around 2ish? He is out most of the day though I believe.
How was the line?

It depends per character because some do have to close the lines early which I know was the case for the Princes. I would ask the character attendant for the character early on in the night.

Trying not to obsess and rearrange my party plan again. I thought that being less than a week away would relieve my insanity.

Last edited:
Is it typical for random dates to get sold out? By random I mostly mean dates that aren't the first and last parties and dates that aren't right near the holidays. Just seems surprising that 12/1 is sold out. Is this typical?

Is it typical for random dates to get sold out? By random I mostly mean dates that aren't the first and last parties and dates that aren't right near the holidays. Just seems surprising that 12/1 is sold out. Is this typical?
I think Fridays sell out faster. Maybe because it's the first Friday in December, or first Friday after Thanksgiving week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter