"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy to find @CampbellzSoup's thread lives on! Managed to talk to DH to one last trip before AP expires 12/30!! Based on the kids' school calendar, and the fact that he wants to be home by Christmas Eve, it's going to be a quickie! But I am NOT complaining since I didn't think a Christmas trip was in the cards this year!! We will fly down after the kids get off school on the 20th, do CP on the 21st and the party on the 22nd, then fly back on the 23rd. Can't wait be "home" for the holidays again!! Now to get caught up!!!

So happy to find @CampbellzSoup's thread lives on! Managed to talk to DH to one last trip before AP expires 12/30!! Based on the kids' school calendar, and the fact that he wants to be home by Christmas Eve, it's going to be a quickie! But I am NOT complaining since I didn't think a Christmas trip was in the cards this year!! We will fly down after the kids get off school on the 20th, do CP on the 21st and the party on the 22nd, then fly back on the 23rd. Can't wait be "home" for the holidays again!! Now to get caught up!!!

Yes, @CampbellzSoup, pops in every once in a while on this thread! So had to give him a shout out in opening of Post #1. We did Halloween last year but are back again this year for Christmas. So excited! We will celebrate our actual anniversary while @ WDW and spend Christmas there too. Woo-hoo! We are attending the party on the 22nd too. Maybe we'll see you, @Cluelyss !!!! :santa:

One other question .... generally, how busy are the fireworks shows at MVMCP ? Is this something where we should plan to get there a little early to stake out a decent viewing spot, or is the crowd limited enough that there's plenty of room for everyone with tickets to enjoy a good view of the show ?
Even on non sold out nights, the party exclusive events (parades, shows, fireworks) will be very crowded. Plan to grab a spot early if location is important to you. The later parade and shows will always be less crowded than the early ones.

So will there be a Holiday Dessert Party at the Plaza Garden? If so, I don't think it's been announced, but that's the only dessert party that would interest me. We've done a Tomorrowland Terrace one before, and the view was not the best.

I've tried to see if there was a Garden dessert party last year, but I've come up empty. I don't see it on the site to reserve, but I guess I'm holding out hope that they announce and release at a later date?
Garden party viewing is new this year, so no historical data.

SO CONFUSED!!!

I already made reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party .... they are now saying there will be (another?) dessert party launching soon?

Visions of sugarplums? Attendees may also purchase tickets to the Very Merry Dessert Party, a smorgasbord of sweets served during our dazzling fireworks display—it’s the perfect after-dinner treat. More details coming soon!
Where are you seeing this??

Where are you seeing this??

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...eys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/

Under Have Ticket, Will Dine

I had questioned this a few posts back when parade viewing included or not was going on. Also, MNSSHP HalloWishes DP states -

• Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party—every table has great views of Cinderella Castle.
But MVMCP Fireworks Holiday DP states first come first serve. So no wonder PP are concerned, confused and questioning things more this year.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...eys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/

I had questioned this a few posts back when parade viewing included or not was going on. Also, MNSSHP HalloWishes DP states -

• Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party—every table has great views of Cinderella Castle.
But MVMCP Fireworks Holiday DP states first come first serve. So no wonder PP are concerned, confused and questioning things more this year.
Thank you!

The dessert parties used to have assigned seats, but that was eliminated when they revamped the party, raised the price and moved the tables against the railing. I'd be surprised if they are going back to the old way of doing it, though it would sure be nice. As it is now, people are lining up an hour early to get the best tables, which means you are losing even more park (or party) time. Takes away a lot of the value IMO.

Another thing that pretty much solidifies no parade viewing is the time of the dessert party - 9:00 when you go to book. Last year it was a 7:45 start time.

looking for feedback on parade seating. We are traveling with a toddler for 11/28 party and will be catching the first parade. of course we want to be on main street for the "snow" but where would be ideal? and what would be a good time to try to stake out a spot?

I've seen parade video from around the emporium and near the flag pole that looks like a great viewing spot but that might go first/be roped off??

HELP it's the only part of the whole night I'm unsure of

I gave up comparing the two parties when feedback started coming in that parade viewing was not included in MNSSHP but was at MVMCP despite being told to show up until 9pm. Giving up on correct info was sealed when the times for MK came out. Closing at 6pm on MVMCP nights to the general public but not doing that close for MNSSHP as they try new things with MVMCP this year. GAH!!!!!!! (I want to insert the gif of Captain Hook flipping his table over in Peter Pan here but I lack the technical know-how but that's how frustrated I got.) I've got dessert party reservations and hopefully someone attends the first MVMCP dessert party and gives us some feedback on whether or not it's included for sure. Heck, maybe they're gonna "try" it with the MNSSHP dessert parties and see how guests react? And don't even get me started on the new mystery Very Merry Dessert Party :rolleyes:

I gave up comparing the two parties when feedback started coming in that parade viewing was not included in MNSSHP but was at MVMCP despite being told to show up until 9pm. Giving up on correct info was sealed when the times for MK came out. Closing at 6pm on MVMCP nights to the general public but not doing that close for MNSSHP as they try new things with MVMCP this year. GAH!!!!!!! (I want to insert the gif of Captain Hook flipping his table over in Peter Pan here but I lack the technical know-how but that's how frustrated I got.) I've got dessert party reservations and hopefully someone attends the first MVMCP dessert party and gives us some feedback on whether or not it's included for sure. Heck, maybe they're gonna "try" it with the MNSSHP dessert parties and see how guests react? And don't even get me started on the new mystery Very Merry Dessert Party :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:Would love to see that GIF. I'm the same way. This time I honestly don't think Disney has thought of all of this through or was ready with concrete details, i.e. no BTMRR or 7DMT during MNSSHP @ 1st. Dessert Parties being released later than party tickets this year, and MVMCP details not showing, pretty sure rides were listed when webpage went active last year, but recollection could be wrong.

Holding Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party ADR until I hear back on MNSSHP & 1st MVMCP. Yes, it was strange that MK would close early for MVMCP but not MNSSHP. IMO, reports indicate non-paying guests are more of an issue with MNSSP that MVMCP. Then MVMCP never had parade viewing until last year, and MNSSHP have it for a couple of years as well as the Villains Soiree which included parade viewing in 2014. Yes, was confused about the Very Merry Dessert Party too.

Thank you!

The dessert parties used to have assigned seats, but that was eliminated when they revamped the party, raised the price and moved the tables against the railing. I'd be surprised if they are going back to the old way of doing it, though it would sure be nice. As it is now, people are lining up an hour early to get the best tables, which means you are losing even more park (or party) time. Takes away a lot of the value IMO.

Another thing that pretty much solidifies no parade viewing is the time of the dessert party - 9:00 when you go to book. Last year it was a 7:45 start time.

You're welcome!
Yes, which confused me even more since that was not the case last year for either. So that was a surprise seeing that.

Yes, noticed the time too which wouldn't allow parade viewing.

EDIT: Webpage showing...
Guests who have purchased the Holiday Wishes Dessert Premium Package can check in beginning at 4:00 PM at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
----Indicates you'll be able to enter park @ 4pm.

But no time, just return 1 hour prior to HolidayWishes. No actual time now on page like last year.

Last edited:
Can someone please bring me up to speed with all these Christmas party extras? I've purchased tickets to the holiday dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Do we know if parade viewing is included? Are the seats reserved or first come first served? And is there indeed a 2nd Different dessert party? If so what's the difference between the two. I'm reading may conflicting confusing reports, any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Can someone please bring me up to speed with all these Christmas party extras? I've purchased tickets to the holiday dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Do we know if parade viewing is included? Are the seats reserved or first come first served? And is there indeed a 2nd Different dessert party? If so what's the difference between the two. I'm reading may conflicting confusing reports, any clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there... if you see my comment 3 above yours you'll see no one can bring anyone up to speed on any of that... Personally, I hope (but don't expect to) get some clarification closer into the parties.

What are the top three things that can't be missed at the party?
Personally it's meeting Scrooge as number one because that's the only time you can do that and I'm a huge fan. I call it our yearly get together.

Second it'd be seeing the Christmas Parade which I love.

Third is seeing the castle stage show.

Personally it's meeting Scrooge as number one because that's the only time you can do that and I'm a huge fan. I call it our yearly get together.

Second it'd be seeing the Christmas Parade which I love.

Third is seeing the castle stage show.
This will be my 1st time for the party Dec 12, how is the line to meet scrooge? Our goal is him and Jack Skellington.

Last edited:
I'm an annual passholder. Can I use my passholder discount to by tickets from my family from Wisconsin to attend the party? It's my daughter and two granddaughters. I know I can't use my discount on regular day admission to the parks but I thought I read somewhere I could use the discount for party tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter