"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to kind of hijack the thread with an almost off topic post...does anyone here know if there is an overall Christmas at Disney thread for this year or if there will be one? That will list things like the new projections at DHS and the food booths at Epcot etc.

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread with an almost off topic post...does anyone here know if there is an overall Christmas at Disney thread for this year or if there will be one? That will list things like the new projections at DHS and the food booths at Epcot etc.

I haven't seen one for this year. I do have Holiday Happenings in Post #2 that includes Christmas/Holiday events @ WDW (i.e. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, CP, Holidays Around the World at Epcot).

Last edited:

I've never been to an MVMCP so not sure how early you need to stake out a parade spot. I know it's super early for Main Street, which we don't want to do (too much idle time for our kids). If we were to plan on watching the 1st parade somewhere in Fronteirland (either deep in Fronteirland, or up near the Hall of Presidents), how early would we need to arrive for a good spot? Is 30 minutes sufficient, or even in Fronteirland to you need more like 45+ minutes ahead of time? Thanks :-)
I'm interested in this as well!!! Ive done the MNSSHP several times, but not the MVMCP so I'm not sure on timing either.

I've never been to an MVMCP so not sure how early you need to stake out a parade spot. I know it's super early for Main Street, which we don't want to do (too much idle time for our kids). If we were to plan on watching the 1st parade somewhere in Fronteirland (either deep in Fronteirland, or up near the Hall of Presidents), how early would we need to arrive for a good spot? Is 30 minutes sufficient, or even in Fronteirland to you need more like 45+ minutes ahead of time? Thanks :-)

I'm interested in this as well!!! Ive done the MNSSHP several times, but not the MVMCP so I'm not sure on timing either.

Sold out parties, yes, you'll probably need to show up in Frontierland 45-1 hour for the first parade. If it is an emptier party I'd still say 45 for the first parade. I always recommend watching the parade in front of the train station on Main Street. For some reason the spots on either side of the street really don't get taken that early.

Sold out parties, yes, you'll probably need to show up in Frontierland 45-1 hour for the first parade. If it is an emptier party I'd still say 45 for the first parade. I always recommend watching the parade in front of the train station on Main Street. For some reason the spots on either side of the street really don't get taken that early.
What about the second parade? How early for that one?

What about the second parade? How early for that one?

Second parade you don't need to line up as early. I hesitate to give you an exact estimate, as these can all change party to party. Do you have attractions to ride or characters you want to meet that are in or next to Frontierland? That way you could keep your eye on the growing crowds.

For instance, if you want to ride HM or BTMR, maybe do that an hour before the parade and keep your eyes on the crowds.

Second parade you don't need to line up as early. I hesitate to give you an exact estimate, as these can all change party to party. Do you have attractions to ride or characters you want to meet that are in or next to Frontierland? That way you could keep your eye on the growing crowds.

For instance, if you want to ride HM or BTMR, maybe do that an hour before the parade and keep your eyes on the crowds.
Excellent plan. Thank you!

We've been booked at BOG for 6:30 ever since they opened dining for BOG on party nights. There are 5 of us (our 3 adult boys (21/25/25 - our 2 sons and oldest son's bf) with hubby and I. I've tried high and low to change our BOG reservation to around 5:00 but no luck! I Really hate wasting party time to eat but since the boys only want shorter ride Lines and don't really care about parades and character greets, I am hoping we can be in and out fast! Don't know the chances of getting in earlier if we walk up to check -- just don't want to be charged a no show fee for our 6:30 if they could fit us in earlier. My son really wants to try this restaurant so I guess we are keeping the reservation regardless but will keep stalking for a earlier time for the 5 of us!!

M
Our TA was able to change our MVMCP nights for us! We were originally scheduled for 12/21, but she was able to change it to 12/17, saving us around $60. My only regret is losing our 6:40pm BOG reservation from our original MVMCP party night. I have been searching high and low for another reservation! I got an alert from Touring Plans last week with a perfect time before our party, but by the time I signed on it was gone.

We've been booked at BOG for 6:30 ever since they opened dining for BOG on party nights. There are 5 of us (our 3 adult boys (21/25/25 - our 2 sons and oldest son's bf) with hubby and I. I've tried high and low to change our BOG reservation to around 5:00 but no luck! I Really hate wasting party time to eat but since the boys only want shorter ride Lines and don't really care about parades and character greets, I am hoping we can be in and out fast! Don't know the chances of getting in earlier if we walk up to check -- just don't want to be charged a no show fee for our 6:30 if they could fit us in earlier. My son really wants to try this restaurant so I guess we are keeping the reservation regardless but will keep stalking for a earlier time for the 5 of us!!
M

If they can fit you in earlier just let them know about your later reservation and I wouldn't think it'd be a problem.

Just a warning - as I had a 6pm two years ago - waited 30ish mins just to get seated - def show up as early as you can to check in if no earlier slots open

Just a warning - as I had a 6pm two years ago - waited 30ish mins just to get seated - def show up as early as you can to check in if no earlier slots open

Remember this year they are closing the park to regular guest at 6PM so hopefully that helps with people who are dining during the party to get in a little quicker this year. fingers crossed

I'll second the train station recommendation. Always seems to be "last minute" spots in this area.

Also, another thing to consider is that it only snows on Main Street, you won't have snow during the parade in Frontierland.

I'll second the train station recommendation. Always seems to be "last minute" spots in this area.

Also, another thing to consider is that it only snows on Main Street, you won't have snow during the parade in Frontierland.
Does it snow on Main Street at other times (other than during the parade)?

M

I just went through this same dilemma! I had a 6:30 BOG dinner on our MVMCP night, and since we've never been to a party and can't stay too late with little kids, I ended up canceling (which killed me a little bit since we've never been able to snag a dinner!). :( I'm searching pretty obsessively for an ADR around 4:30 or 5 but haven't had any luck either. Fingers crossed we both find earlier dinner ADRs soon! Good luck!

I'm liking the train station ides. For the 1st parade, what is considered "last minute" for a spot? Still an hour early? We're going Sunday 11/28 so it will be a crowded party! My dilemma is that we have the MVMCP dessert party booked and that starts at 9, so we'd eat dessert from 9-9:30 and then head to the plaza gardens for our viewing of Holiday Wishes. I'm still contemplating whether or not we keep the party, but train station is closer to Tomorrowland Terrace than Fronteirland! I really hate to spend so much time waiting for a parade and then waiting for Wishes. I just don't know my kids would last!

While we are on the subject of the parade. For MNSSHP we would usually stake out a spot for the second parade so we can do more things during the first one. Is the second parade less crowded? In other words, would you recommend the first or the second? I would love to see it with the snow, but trying to be mindful that the time between the second one and the fireworks leaves very little time for us to do anything else except for keeping spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter