"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that with a red card or just in general? Darn it, now I have to do math. At Sam's you can get $20 off a $500 gift card. Not sure which is the better deal.

I haven't looked into it any more but I will soon.

I wouldn't trust those...when we did Halloween resort character hunting most of the resorts waited until the week of Halloween to list their character meets.

Did the 3 that listed characters have dates?

Maybe we should start to get a FB chat group together of people planning to hunt who can pool info like I did for Halloween.
As far as I know, the Target deal is for anyone. It’s just target cards, though, so it’s a bit of work to purchase target cards first, then use those to buy the Disney GCs. And then you can’t stack the red card discount so it’s just a straight 10%. But better than 5!

And yes, the resorts I mentioned listed dates and times:
AKL Jambo 12/20, 12/22, 12/24 4:30-7:45
AKL Kidani 12/19, 12/21, 12/23 4:45-8:30
CBR 12/23 5:00-9:00
CSR 12/22 5:45-9:15

OKW also indicated an anniversary party to be held on the 20th, which included characters, but no times listed.

Of course NONE of these fit into our plans so hoping more get added!!!

Is that with a red card or just in general? Darn it, now I have to do math. At Sam's you can get $20 off a $500 gift card. Not sure which is the better deal.

It's a general deal. No red card or coupon needed. What you'd do is go Sunday and buy a GC, then Monday the card should be active for you to use. So if you buy $300 in Target cards you'll pay $270 then Monday you can use your Target Card to get $300 in Disney.

It's a general deal. No red card or coupon needed. What you'd do is go Sunday and buy a GC, then Monday the card should be active for you to use. So if you buy $300 in Target cards you'll pay $270 then Monday you can use your Target Card to get $300 in Disney.
Ya'll are smooth! I would have never thought!! Thanks for the tips!!

Can't believe we are leaving tomorrow! Also can't believe I haven't packed a single thing yet! o_O Made the mistake of sitting down to catch up on this thread instead... oops! At least I have a list ready!

NEWS

shopdisney-holiday-shirts-yesterears-768x768.jpg

Thanks! @rteetz

I hope these are available in the parks! Love the Country Bears hoodie!

Thank you SO much for your report! Can you tell me where on Main St. you stood for the fireworks? I'm curious what kind of spot we may be able to snag 15 minutes before the show!

I was in Town Square, directly in front of Town Square Theatre (where Mickey meets). This was my view, to give you an idea:

toysoldiers.jpg

I watched the castle lighting at 8:15 from the hub, and then wandered down Main Street looking for a clear spot. The street in front of the Emporium was packed, but there was lots of space in Town Square. I could have been in the second row behind curb-sitters in front of the train station easily at this point, but I wasn't sure what the snow was like over there. I think it would've been fine, but I was happy with my spot!

Last edited:

I was in Town Square, directly in front of Town Square Theatre (where Mickey meets). This was my view, to give you an idea:

View attachment 286180

I watched the castle lighting at 8:15 from the hub, and then wandered down Main Street looking for a clear spot. The street in front of the Emporium was packed, but there was lots of space in Town Square. I could have been in the second row behind curb-sitters in front of the train station easily at this point, but I wasn't sure what the snow was like over there. I think it would've been fine, but I was happy with my spot!
So was there still snow around the whole train station area? Thanks so much for posting this. We are just two adults and hoping we can find a decent spot without waiting forever.

So was there still snow around the whole train station area? Thanks so much for posting this. We are just two adults and hoping we can find a decent spot without waiting forever.

There was snow shooting off the very end of the buildings on Main Street (Emporium/Candy shop on either side) and the snow had a bit of drift to it. From the theatre (and I'm assuming City Hall) you are close enough to be fairly immersed. I don't think you'd have the full snow experience at the train station, but you'd be able to see it.

There was snow shooting off the very end of the buildings on Main Street (Emporium/Candy shop on either side) and the snow had a bit of drift to it. From the theatre (and I'm assuming City Hall) you are close enough to be fairly immersed. I don't think you'd have the full snow experience at the train station, but you'd be able to see it.
Thanks so much! We will try to get closer to the theater then.

This probably sounds like a silly question, but I’m curious if anyone can tell me what kind of cups they serve hot chocolate in for MVMCP? Most importantly do the cups have lids? Trying to gauge how easy or difficult it would be for me to carry a cup (I use a wheelchair).
Thanks

Other years it's been more of a styrofoam type cup with lid...I hope we still find there are lids as it was definitely handy and with serving hot drinks it's likely a good risk management move on Disney's part.

Can someone post a pic and better description of the snow cones? Are they pre packaged like the ones our Good Humor truck used to sell? If they make them for you are there choices in flavors/syrups? My oldest has some food allergies and I've been able to come up with substitutes for most of the offerings...knowing more about the snow ones would be awesome!

I took a ridiculous amount of photos so...

This probably sounds like a silly question, but I’m curious if anyone can tell me what kind of cups they serve hot chocolate in for MVMCP? Most importantly do the cups have lids? Trying to gauge how easy or difficult it would be for me to carry a cup (I use a wheelchair).
Thanks

Other years it's been more of a styrofoam type cup with lid...I hope we still find there are lids as it was definitely handy and with serving hot drinks it's likely a good risk management move on Disney's part.

Hot chocolate, (cold) apple cider and eggnog came in stryofoam-type cups with lids. (disneydreamgirl's description is right on- it's not quite styrofoam but it's not paper either?) The sparkling cider at Friar's Nook was served in a fancy clear plastic cup with no lid.
cups.jpg

Can someone post a pic and better description of the snow cones? Are they pre packaged like the ones our Good Humor truck used to sell? If they make them for you are there choices in flavors/syrups? My oldest has some food allergies and I've been able to come up with substitutes for most of the offerings...knowing more about the snow ones would be awesome!

They make them, but are only available in blue. At Auntie Gravity's, they were brought out on trays pre-made. At Tortuga Tavern, you go right up to the food window, and while they were pre-made just to be more efficient, I did watch a CM make some at the end of the night on-demand since it was quieter.
0snow.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks
On Nov 17 it was a thick paper coffee cup with a plastic lid.

We (2 adults) are attending the party on the 12th, is it better to do 1st or 2nd parade?
Currently no set schedule aside from dinner at BOG @ 4:40. Would like to meet scrooge but otherwise just enjoy the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter