***Official November 2016 Thread***

We do most breakfasts in our villa too but we are staying for the first time in a studio at GFV! So it'll be a little tight with 5 so I'm sure eating out will be more enjoyable. Hahaha We are also rope drop people so I'm assuming we'll be eating on the go in the mornings. We decided not to do parks on Thanksgiving and the Friday after so we schedules 1900 and Grand Floridian Café.
I'm envisioning us doing a lot of hopping around Thurs, Fri, and Sun...Wed is dedicated to MK and Sat, we are staying out of the parks. Who knows though, group of 6, lots of adult minds wanting to do things, so flexibility is a must.

Loved reading your outfit plans!! We 100% are planning outfits!! I am going to taking a few of the favorite all-out princess dresses for her/CRT BBB day, but mostly we are doing princess inspired. We have:
1. Shirts that say "Princess _____ (each girls name) and each letter is a block letter that looks like a disney princess
2. Shirt that says "Best Day Ever" surrounded by a lanterns and sun design, like from Tangled
3. "Just Keep Swimming" with Dory
4. "Powered by Pixie Dust" with Tinker Bell
5. An Anna and Elsa shirt--has their beautiful silhouettes in ice blue and deep purple
6. Cinderella's castle in all glitter with "2016" on the underneath the castle (this is on the back of the shirt), on the front is has the girls initials and a crown over the initials
7. Fair Isle Mickey Christmas shirts for MVMCP or our H&V Minnie's Holiday Dine Dinner--everyone in the family has one of these. Hoping for great picture with Santa Goofy!

I'm just slightly obsessed with matching my girls on the regular, so I have been been having way too much fun planning outfits for them! My older one is currently LOVING Baymax, so I love your Baymax plan! I'm still trying to figure out their AK day outfits!

Where did you get most of your shirts at? I am currently looking to get some?!?!?!?

Where did you get most of your shirts at? I am currently looking to get some?!?!?!?
We got a few from Glitter Ever After on Etsy--she seriously has the cutest shirts!! Takes a lot of will power to not buy more! If nothing else follow her on Instagram so you can see her products!!
But most of our shirts are digital images I purchased, then had them printed on shirts by a local business--I really liked this way because I had a little more customization/creative liberty with design. I'm like negative in the artistic realm, but had some ideas. I used "My Heart Has Ears" for the designs--she has a website but I just messaged her through her Facebook page. She was very responsive and had very quick turnaround.
These are definitely 2 different ways to go about getting matching shirts, but both have given great products. I would 100% recommend both shops. I will try to upload some pics tonight after I get the little ones in bed if you want. Hope this helps!

I will be there Thanksgiving week as well, 11/20-11/28. I've never been there on a holiday week so I am very reticent about the crowds.:crowded:. I've also never been there for any Christmas activities, like apparently Epcot has. Any recommendations? We have done MVMCP earlier in November before so don't want to do that again, as it would be a small fortune for my family.:faint:. The only ADR we didn't get at all was BOG, which now of course my kids say is at the top of their must do list. :confused3
Hello! We're just a couple days off from you, the 19th through the 27th. We also went last year for Thanksgiving. As for the crowds, it's good to go in knowing they'll be there and to have a plan with them in mind; but seriously, the crowds last year were NOTHING like what we thought they'd be. We had a great trip and didn't even feel crowds on Black Friday. My suggestions are to do RD if that will work at all for your family and then schedule FP's for early-mid afternoon. We tried a couple days of not doing RD and our kids, who wanted to sleep in, quickly realized how important RD is that time of year lol.
As for Christmas entertainment, as @Karabear15 mentioned the Holiday Storytellers in Epcot are great and start the day after Thanksgiving, as does the CP. Otherwise the resorts will be decorated by the time you get down there, so if you have any non-park time try to visit some of the deluxe resorts to see their décor :)

BTW, hit double digits today :cool1: And 15 days until our adults only trip and first time staying at the WL!!

Feels great Double Digits :rainbow:

You will love WL we stayed there on our first trip with the kids. I'm packing this weekend to move DD back to college. Even though we shipped a lot down I still will be flying with 6 full suitcases. I'm already missing her but in 99 days we'll be together in Disney :cloud9:

Went to Disneyland today from 9 - 5, a Saturday in August, and was able to get 7 sets of fastpasses. I just don't see that happening with the new FP+! This will be the first trip to WDW with this new system. I think I'm going to miss getting those paper fastpasses. I had that system down perfectly!!

Feels great Double Digits :rainbow:

You will love WL we stayed there on our first trip with the kids. I'm packing this weekend to move DD back to college. Even though we shipped a lot down I still will be flying with 6 full suitcases. I'm already missing her but in 99 days we'll be together in Disney :cloud9:
Flying with 6 suitcases! LOL you'll sure make the airline happy they instituted the baggage fees :rotfl2:
My best friend has her son AND daughter leaving for their first year of college next week and she's beginning to be a wreck :( I hope the next few months go quickly for you!!

Flying with 6 suitcases! LOL you'll sure make the airline happy they instituted the baggage fees :rotfl2:
My best friend has her son AND daughter leaving for their first year of college next week and she's beginning to be a wreck :( I hope the next few months go quickly for you!!

Thank goodness for SWA we each get 2 bags free plus we each have one carry on so no bag fees :D
Tell your best friend to hang in there it does get better and face time helps :goodvibes
Are you and DH going to Club Villain again?

Went to Disneyland today from 9 - 5, a Saturday in August, and was able to get 7 sets of fastpasses. I just don't see that happening with the new FP+! This will be the first trip to WDW with this new system. I think I'm going to miss getting those paper fastpasses. I had that system down perfectly!!

I agree I really miss the old system.

Thank goodness for SWA we each get 2 bags free plus we each have one carry on so no bag fees :D
Tell your best friend to hang in there it does get better and face time helps :goodvibes
Are you and DH going to Club Villain again?
JetBlue used to have NO baggage fees and we always fly JB. Then last January they started; it stinks. I'm also the worst packer in the world; when DH and I went on our adults only trip in January we had 3 huge suitcases plus a carryon each lol! I'm planning to do my best for our trip in 13 days and only have a carryon each and one smaller suitcase, but no promises lol.
Have they opened Club Villain for August? The last I knew it was for Sept. and Oct. only, which also stinks. If it's for Aug. I'll totally look at doing it again, DH even asked if it was going on. Think I'll go check on that now! I was keeping up with the CV thread for awhile but have slacked a bit since it wasn't happening this month.......

Hi,
Just finished reading through all 47 pages. I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I am one of the many going thanksgiving week (11/19-11/26). I booked last fall and would have loved to have had people to share the excitement and frustration with. I'm the crazy planner and my DH just follows. My DD will be having her birthday on this trip, so she will not find out about it till the day we leave. We're staying in a Royal guest room. She's going to flip. I loved ready all your plans so I thought I'd share mine:

First we've been to WDW many time. So we're going to try Discovery Cove and use the Sea World passes that are included in between our Disney days. I originally thought that would make the trip a little more relaxing, since SW hours are from 10-6. But, then I went ADR crazy when I saw all the new restraunts opening.

11/19 arrival day
We have an ADR for GV tea room for afternoon tea. We haven't been to DS since it was DTD, so we'll head over there to check it out and maybe get a drink at the Hanger Bar before our late dinner ADR at Homecoming.

11/20 RD at MK I have an appointment for my DD at the Pirates league and a lunch at Skipper Canteen. Then we'll head to AK. I'm hoping that they'll have their nighttime stuff still going (ROL?) or at least stay open late enough to go on EE at night.

11/21 Sleep in, SW in the day. V&A for dinner, we've never done this and are very excited.

11/22 RD at DHS I have a lunch ADR at Sci Fi Drive in, but we may skip it to snack around the world at Epcot. I'm hoping to get a fast pass for FEA since we haven't seen it and like most little girls, DD loves frozen. We'll spend the afternoon in Ecopt then head back to DHS for the Star Wars fireworks. I'm hoping to do the Dessert party when it opens.

11/23 Sleep in, SW again. ADR at Fontera Cocina for lunch and Ohana's for dinner. Although I'm constantly checking MDE for a later time.

11/24 DD Birthday! We are being crazy and going to MK all day. Yes, I know it will be crowded, but it's her favorite park. I also figure if I can handle NYE at MK, I can do Thanksgiving. We're doing three ADRs so that should help break up the day. BOG breakfast, CRT lunch and LTT for dinner. Yes, my princess will be totally spoiled for all future Birthdays.

11/25 Discovery Cove then SW at night to see their Christmas stuff.

11/26 check out.

Is it November yet?!

Last edited:
JetBlue used to have NO baggage fees and we always fly JB. Then last January they started; it stinks. I'm also the worst packer in the world; when DH and I went on our adults only trip in January we had 3 huge suitcases plus a carryon each lol! I'm planning to do my best for our trip in 13 days and only have a carryon each and one smaller suitcase, but no promises lol.
Have they opened Club Villain for August? The last I knew it was for Sept. and Oct. only, which also stinks. If it's for Aug. I'll totally look at doing it again, DH even asked if it was going on. Think I'll go check on that now! I was keeping up with the CV thread for awhile but have slacked a bit since it wasn't happening this month.......

I saw in another thread they were bringing it back wasn't sure of the dates. I wish they'd extend it for November.

Hi,
Just finished reading through all 47 pages. I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I am one of the many going thanksgiving week (11/19-11/26). I booked last fall and would have loved to have had people to share the excitement and frustration with. I'm the crazy planner and my DH just follows. My DD will be having her birthday on this trip, so she will not find out about it till the day we leave. We're staying in a Royal guest room. She's going to flip. I loved ready all your plans so I thought I'd share mine:

First we've been to WDW many time. So we're going to try Discovery Cove and use the Sea World passes that are included in between our Disney days. I originally thought that would make the trip a little more relaxing, since SW hours are from 10-6. But, then I went ADR crazy when I saw all the new restraunts opening.

11/19 arrival day
We have an ADR for GV tea room for afternoon tea. We haven't been to DS since it was DTD, so we'll head over there to check it out and maybe get a drink at the Hanger Bar before our late dinner ADR at Homecoming.

11/20 RD at MK I have an appointment for my DD at the Pirates league and a lunch at Skipper Canteen. Then we'll head to AK. I'm hoping that they'll have their nighttime stuff still going (ROL?) or at least stay open late enough to go on EE at night.

11/21 Sleep in, SW in the day. V&A for dinner, we've never done this and are very excited.

11/22 RD at DHS I have a lunch ADR at Sci Fi Drive in, but we may skip it to snack around the world at Epcot. I'm hoping to get a fast pass for FEA since we haven't seen it and like most little girls, DD loves frozen. We'll spend the afternoon in Ecopt then head back to DHS for the Star Wars fireworks. I'm hoping to do the Dessert party when it opens.

11/23 Sleep in, SW again. ADR at Fontera Cucina for lunch and Ohana's for dinner. Although I'm constantly checking MDE for a later time.

11/24 DD Birthday! We are being crazy and going to MK all day. Yes, I know it will be crowded, but it's her favorite park. I also figure if I can handle NYE at MK, I can do Thanksgiving. We're doing three ADRs so that should help break up the day. BOG breakfast, CRT lunch and LTT for dinner. Yes, my princess will be totally spoiled for all future Birthdays.

11/26 check out.

Is it November yet?!

Love your plans! You will be amazed with Disney Springs tons of changes since it was DTD. Lot's of great shopping and Jock Hangers has excellent drinks :drinking1. :bday: to your DD sounds like the perfect way to spend her birthday.

Hi,

11/19 arrival day

11/23 Sleep in, SW again. ADR at Fontera Cucina for lunch and Ohana's for dinner. Although I'm constantly checking MDE for a later time.

11/26 check out.

Is it November yet?!
Sounds like so much fun, what a great birthday she will have!!

Hello! I'm a lurker/n00b and now that it's getting closer, I figure I need to start posting because everything is getting real. It's going to be our first trip to Disney this fall (Nov 26-Dec 4). My dad passed away this year and my mom hasn't really been anywhere fun - my dad was a homebody and needed a lot of care. So, my husband, two kids (ages 9 and 5) and myself are going to bring her to the happiest place on earth! We think it will be a lovely memory for all of us. I learned so much from people while reading the ADR threads and the free dining threads. Now I'm trying to get my fast passes narrowed down for September, and I'm hoping to tweak some of my ADRs. This is what we've got so far...what do you think? Too much HS? We'll be taking pool breaks every day, btw:

Saturday, Nov. 26th: Arrive at WDW, probably around 3pm. Check-in/relax/ride the monorail.
Reservation: Dinner at Chef Mickey's 8:35pm (very late, but it's all I could get anywhere that night! And something earlier came up tonight but I missed it. Gaaaaaah!!!!!)

Sunday, Nov. 27th: Animal Kingdom morning; Epcot evening for Illuminations.
Reservations: Tusker house breakfast 10:10; Biergarten dinner 7:10 (only keeping one - probably Biergarten. Thoughts?)

Monday, Nov 28th: Hollywood Studios
Reservations: Sci-Fi Drive-in Diner 4:15pm (hoping for a Star Wars night)

Tuesday, Nov 29th: Magic Kingdom during the day. Drinking around the world with my husband that night!
Reservations: Crystal Palace 8:20am (Question - is this early enough to be useful?)

Wednesday, Nov. 30th: Pool/Resort (i.e. hangover) day, and maybe Magic Kingdom just at night
Reservation: Ohana 6:30pm

Thursday, Dec. 1st: Magic Kingdom (late start)
Reservation: Be Our Guest (QS lunch) 12:20pm
*If Animal Kingdom ends up having later hours, we might hop over for dinner.

Friday, Dec. 2: Epcot
Reservation: Coral Reef 7:05pm

Saturday, Dec. 3: Hollywood Studios
Reservation: Beaches and Cream 7:10pm (a bit later than I'd like; might just go have dessert)

Sunday, Dec 4: Take the sad bus to the airport and go home.

Hello! I'm a lurker/n00b and now that it's getting closer, I figure I need to start posting because everything is getting real. It's going to be our first trip to Disney this fall (Nov 26-Dec 4). My dad passed away this year and my mom hasn't really been anywhere fun - my dad was a homebody and needed a lot of care. So, my husband, two kids (ages 9 and 5) and myself are going to bring her to the happiest place on earth! We think it will be a lovely memory for all of us. I learned so much from people while reading the ADR threads and the free dining threads. Now I'm trying to get my fast passes narrowed down for September, and I'm hoping to tweak some of my ADRs. This is what we've got so far...what do you think? Too much HS? We'll be taking pool breaks every day, btw:

Saturday, Nov. 26th: Arrive at WDW, probably around 3pm. Check-in/relax/ride the monorail.
Reservation: Dinner at Chef Mickey's 8:35pm (very late, but it's all I could get anywhere that night! And something earlier came up tonight but I missed it. Gaaaaaah!!!!!)

Reservations: Tusker house breakfast 10:10; Biergarten dinner 7:10 (only keeping one - probably Biergarten. Thoughts?)

Monday, Nov 28th: Hollywood Studios
Reservations: Sci-Fi Drive-in Diner 4:15pm (hoping for a Star Wars night)

Tuesday, Nov 29th: Magic Kingdom during the day. Drinking around the world with my husband that night!
Reservations: Crystal Palace 8:20am (Question - is this early enough to be useful?)

Wednesday, Nov. 30th: Pool/Resort (i.e. hangover) day, and maybe Magic Kingdom just at night
Reservation: Ohana 6:30pm

Thursday, Dec. 1st: Magic Kingdom (late start)
Reservation: Be Our Guest (QS lunch) 12:20pm
*If Animal Kingdom ends up having later hours, we might hop over for dinner.

Friday, Dec. 2: Epcot
Reservation: Coral Reef 7:05pm

Reservation: Beaches and Cream 7:10pm (a bit later than I'd like; might just go have dessert)

Sunday, Dec 4: Take the sad bus to the airport and go home.

:welcome: and your plans sound great. We have many of the same ADR'S Ohana's, Chef Mickey's same night different times, BOG ( lunch), just booked Coral Reef and Beaches & Cream.
I am so sorry for your loss :hug: and thinks it's wonderful for you and your family to bring your Mom to Disney.

I prefer Tusker House over Biergarten, and since your Tusker House ADR is close to lunch, you should get a mix of breakfast and lunch foods- YUM! Biergarten was just ok for us; better for the adults than the kids. TH is definitely more kid friendly, but still has enough to appeal to adults.

I don't think it's early enough to be useful. Yes, you'll get in the park to get good castle pictures, but you'll probably still be eating at rope drop, so you'll lose that prime no/low lines time. So, it depends on your priorities!

We like to do Beaches & Cream for an afternoon snack on our HS day; it's nice to take the boat over and relax a bit before heading back to finish our day! Just a thought, in case you want to try for an earlier time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter