***Official November 2016 Thread***

So here is another problem...we just purchased our tickets...I went into fastpass+ and it's only showing me a 30 day window...we are staying on property, why can't I see into November?? We can't actually make them until Friday, so will it change, or do I need to make a phone call?

From what I have read, the general consensus seems to be AK for most recommended and then DHS for Thanksgiving Day. EP and MK are not recommended. We are going against the conventional wisdom and picking MK. o_O I keep thinking we should change to AK but I can't let go of the vision of having Thanksgiving dinner with the Beast at BOG. Guess I can report back how bad it is. 8-)
Oh, that sounds super fun!
I was told to stop planning so much...so I guess we are going to wing it.

So here is another problem...we just purchased our tickets...I went into fastpass+ and it's only showing me a 30 day window...we are staying on property, why can't I see into November?? We can't actually make them until Friday, so will it change, or do I need to make a phone call?

It will not show until you hit 60 days out.

My first FP+ booking wasn't so bad this morning despite the need to be up at 3:45am here on the west coast!

I'm glad it went well :thumbsup2

I was up at 4:30am so I could be ready to leave for work after selecting FP's. Needless to say I was late this morning :rolleyes1
Good news is I was able to get everything we wanted and at good times :woohoo:

I can't believe it's just 60 days till our trip :rainbow:

Agree it helped us find our BOG dinner :yay:

Congrats on both Ohana and Beaches & Cream we have both of those too :goodvibes

I have a TP subscription but never thought to try getting an ADR that way.
We have Ohana on our arrival but our wait-list for Beach Club just came through. We were originally at Bya Lake Tower for the whole trip.
I'm trying to find a different day for Ohana now.

We have Ohana on our arrival but our wait-list for Beach Club just came through. We were originally at Bya Lake Tower for the whole trip.

I was surprised how well it worked good luck :goodvibes

Ugh all this talk about fastpasses is making me regret staying off property :( But we couldn't beat my parents' timeshare price, even with the perks like 60-day fp and the free dining plan.

I'm going Nov. 27 through Dec. 4 (so I guess I'm half in the right thread...)

Soooo worth it though, right? :-)

Worth it for peace of mind yes! Hahahaha However, I think I'm still going to miss the paper FP. I know I could easily get more than 3 with the old paper way. We're rope dropping and have early afternoon FPs so I'm sure it'll be fine!

Worth it for peace of mind yes! Hahahaha However, I think I'm still going to miss the paper FP. I know I could easily get more than 3 with the old paper way. We're rope dropping and have early afternoon FPs so I'm sure it'll be fine!
Like anything, change can be difficult. After trying teh MagicBands, I actually like it better now. For example, you don't HAVE to rope drop any more b\c you can schedule them (think Toy Story Mania).

We are DVC members and go every year now, so we are far more relaxed from our Commando days. What's nice now is the ability to get more FP+ choices within the MDE app. When they rolled it out, you'd have to go to a kiosk to get the next FP. QUITE challend if you're pak hopping like we do!

Like anything, change can be difficult. After trying teh MagicBands, I actually like it better now. For example, you don't HAVE to rope drop any more b\c you can schedule them (think Toy Story Mania).

We are DVC members and go every year now, so we are far more relaxed from our Commando days. What's nice now is the ability to get more FP+ choices within the MDE app. When they rolled it out, you'd have to go to a kiosk to get the next FP. QUITE challend if you're pak hopping like we do!

We are DVC members as well and will be going back for a 9 day trip next June so it's nice knowing if we don't get to everything we'll be back soon enough! We'll still rope drop because I'm more of a morning person than night! Hahaha

We are DVC members as well and will be going back for a 9 day trip next June so it's nice knowing if we don't get to everything we'll be back soon enough! We'll still rope drop because I'm more of a morning person than night! Hahaha

Our kids are 12 and soon to be 9. We used to be at rope drop every day and run like crazy. We'd be back at the resort and I'd run out to get drinks or something and see families just going out at 8PM and think, "Who does that?" LOL.

Now we still are there early but frequently leave early and then do go back out. Mid day breaks are life savers for me on certain days. My family still laughs at me for straight up passing out from exhaustion on the Ellen ride despite having dinosaurs roaring right in my face.:o

Yes you can customize the search for one day or your length of stay. You can also put in a certain time or just select dinner. They will email or text depending on your preference. I chose text because I always have my phone out texting the doctors I work for. After I received the text I checked dining on the Disney website and it was there.

Agreed this is so much better when your in the parks after using your last FP being able to select another one with the MDE app.

I was surprised how well it worked good luck :goodvibes

YES! TP's res finder is fabulous! You just have to make sure that you respond EXACTLY when you receive the text/email. I missed an Akershus ressie last week for that very reason. Needless to say, I will be attached to my phone for the next 59 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!