OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

MrsTurnerLovesDisney

Mouseketeer
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Couldn't find a thread for November 2017 and I'm soooo ready to get to talking to others about Disney even if we're over a year a way!

EDIT-Needing to update the Pre Trip Report so it will be gone for a bit :)

We are 448 days from the start of our trip. party:

Official Trips Dates November 23rd-Dec 3rd. (Nov 23rd driving check in to Disney Nov 24th and check out Dec 2nd and driving on the 3rd)

We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside!:banana:

So please come on in and share with us what your plans are!!!

ETA MAGIC SHOT THREAD I FOUND https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/

Last edited:
So happy to have found this thread!! :)
We're going back for Thanksgiving week 2017! Not sure of the exact dates yet- but definitely Thanksgiving week. We went over Thanksgiving last year ans loved it!! We were planning on the Poly but am not sure now- considering a split stay between the WL and Grand Floridian.
We have to plan around ds's school schedule so the only time we can go is either easter or thanksgiving- Thanksgiving won out. We'll be booking as soon as I get our dates set and settle on a resort.
Looking forward to planning along with everyone here! :flower1: Will check out your trip report too. pixiedust:

YAY!!! I'm so glad to find this. We are also going back the week of Thanksgiving 2017. Originally we wanted to go in June but it just wasn't working out savings wise. This weekend we went over our budget and found we can do Nov. 2017 and stay at a deluxe if we want. Dh asked for a spreadsheet of quotes so I priced out 12 different options ranging from POP to Poly, some w/ dining. some without. This week we will decide which option is best.
I usually use a TA but I'm thinking of waiting to actually book until FD comes out next June/July (if it comes out) because I will get up at 4am to book...my TA not so much. I can transfer it to him after. If I've learned anything stalking FD over the years is that the early bird gets the worm.
That said, I am really hoping we can do WL w/ free dining. The rest of the family wants Poly but it's soooo expensive. We might end up back at AKL, that's where we stayed in Sept 15 and loved it so much.
Where is everyone thinking of doing Thanksgiving dinner? I want...no need...to attend the Candlelight Processional. What started out as disappointment having to wait has turned into excitement for Disney at Christmas!!!

YAY!!! I'm so glad to find this. We are also going back the week of Thanksgiving 2017. Originally we wanted to go in June but it just wasn't working out savings wise. This weekend we went over our budget and found we can do Nov. 2017 and stay at a deluxe if we want. Dh asked for a spreadsheet of quotes so I priced out 12 different options ranging from POP to Poly, some w/ dining. some without. This week we will decide which option is best.
I usually use a TA but I'm thinking of waiting to actually book until FD comes out next June/July (if it comes out) because I will get up at 4am to book...my TA not so much. I can transfer it to him after. If I've learned anything stalking FD over the years is that the early bird gets the worm.
That said, I am really hoping we can do WL w/ free dining. The rest of the family wants Poly but it's soooo expensive. We might end up back at AKL, that's where we stayed in Sept 15 and loved it so much.
Where is everyone thinking of doing Thanksgiving dinner? I want...no need...to attend the Candlelight Processional. What started out as disappointment having to wait has turned into excitement for Disney at Christmas!!!

Hi!! We're going over Thanksgiving too! We went Thanksgiving 2015 and loved it! I wish I was able to go back this year again, but it has to wait til next year---- all the more time to plan and get super excited! :flower1: We had Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern last year and loved it! We definitely want to go back there for next thanksgiving day dinner. I'm vegetarian (well, pesecetarian I guess- I eat fish but no meat) and they dinner an awesome veggie creamy pasta dish that was amazing and they served all of the reg thanksgiving offerings of separate plates/bowls so I could have everything that didn't have meat in it. This was one of my son's favorite meals. :) We spent the day at MK and had a blast.

Also, really excited about MVMCP- it was one of the top highlights of our trip pixiedust:

We're also trying to decide where to stay, too! Our first trip in 2013 we stayed at the poly & loved it. Last year we stayed at BC and we liked it alot (but liked the poly more) but we really really missed the monorail and the mk area. We're thinking of either booking the poly again or possibly a split stay of poly/ wl or grand floridian / wl.

Looking forward to planning along and getting excited over the next year with everyone on here. It's such an expensive (but totally worth it to us) vacation and these boards help me keep my eye on the goal and keep saving my pennies and dollars throughout the year and stay on track to get it paid in time...lol :)

Ah! I'm so happy to have a trip thread like this again! :D We're planning for early November, to go for my older son's 13th birthday. This will be the first time my parents will be going with us, too, and I'm very excited about them getting to see their grandsons at WDW.

I think we're staying at an Art of Animation Nemo suite again, while my folks stay at Pop Century. Hoping to book soon!

Older son has special needs and loves the characters, so we're planning to take him to Chef Mickey's for his birthday dinner. He adored it in 2013! And I'm looking for a little something special to do with younger son, who will be 9. He has very fond memories of doing the Pirates & Pals cruise in 2013 (at age 4), but I'm looking for something a little more grown-up this time.

Ah! I'm so happy to have a trip thread like this again! :D We're planning for early November, to go for my older son's 13th birthday. This will be the first time my parents will be going with us, too, and I'm very excited about them getting to see their grandsons at WDW.

I think we're staying at an Art of Animation Nemo suite again, while my folks stay at Pop Century. Hoping to book soon!

Older son has special needs and loves the characters, so we're planning to take him to Chef Mickey's for his birthday dinner. He adored it in 2013! And I'm looking for a little something special to do with younger son, who will be 9. He has very fond memories of doing the Pirates & Pals cruise in 2013 (at age 4), but I'm looking for something a little more grown-up this time.

We're going from November 11-18 2017 and staying at Pop Century hopefully. It's me, my parents, my sister and brother in law and my niece who will be two and a half.

Last week my dad made a major swerve and decided he wanted to stay onsite with a package so I'm excited about that.

So Happy to have more fellow November travellers joining in!! pixiedust:

I seriously just teared up a little at this...I'm a November baby too and I got to spend my 13th birthday at WDW and thought it was the most amazing thing ever!!! It will be 18 years later when I get to take my daughter on her first trip :)

Def call up the Grand Floridian bakery and have a cake ordered for him!!
I will brainstorm some ideas for the 9 year old...

Hi everyone! We are booked for our family trip Nov 25-Dec 2 at Caribbean Beach! We may add a day to the front of the trip depending on of we drive or fly. 1500 miles one way is a lot, but plane tickets for a family of 5 can be ridiculous! I am in the process of planning a surprise birthday trip this December for my son who will turn 10 on the 18th of December, so I am uber excited to be planning 2 trips! We went this past July and although it was hot, crowds weren't bad at all. Looking forward to cooler weather but warmer than what we come from!

I seriously just teared up a little at this...I'm a November baby too and I got to spend my 13th birthday at WDW and thought it was the most amazing thing ever!!! It will be 18 years later when I get to take my daughter on her first trip :)

Def call up the Grand Floridian bakery and have a cake ordered for him!!
I will brainstorm some ideas for the 9 year old...

Aww, thanks! Yeah, I'm so tickled at the idea of taking him for this.

Nine, I find, is an interesting age. He's too young for most of the tours, but doesn't really care about the characters any more, though he's a good sport. I'm hoping maybe they'll be some sort of special Star Wars experience added by then.

I am also hoping for FD at WL for November! We would love to do the Sunday after thanksgiving for 8 nights. I believe FD was released this year early May? However, FD or not, I will be at Disney November 2017!
I'm so excited to hear everyone's plans. My must dos are the Garden Grill (never been) and O'hana (my favorite). I can't wait to experience AK at night. Ack I'm so excited and it's still 14 months away!!!

So the budget has been planned and I found out we are scheduled to get 2 bonuses at work between now and 11/17! I just turned in my dates and resort preferences to my TA (still trying to decide if we want WL, AKL, or PORFQ):-)
Regardless of FD we are going, may end up with the room only discount but that's okay!

OK, I mean, I feel ridiculous. I have been stalking these boards forever and I'm SO THANKFUL I found this thread. We are planning to go 11/24-12/-2. It will be Me, DH, DS, and maybe our foster son, if we still have him. And my in laws. Now listen....its my first time, and my husbands. My in laws have been several, but I am SOOOO stinking excited. Our son will be 2 years and 11 months, and if we still have our current placement he'll be 1.5. If we don't have him, we could have a different placement, but they'll be under three. I think we're going to stay at CBR, and I know it hasn't been announced, but we're hoping for free dining. We can change dates to get free dining, but I want so bad to be there during the holiday!

Hmm. So if we tweak our trip just a little early, we could go to the Halloween party. If we don't, we might be able to hit the Christmas party. Decisions...

Does anyone know how Jersey Week (Election Week?) affects crowds? I hadn't even been aware there was such a thing.

Hi, everyone!!! I am SOOOOO excited to be here! It has been a very rough few years and we haven't been able to make a Disney trip happen. However, things are looking up and we are planning on being home from November 4-10, 2017 at POFQ. It will be myself, DD, DS (who are all Disney obsessed) and my SO--who is fairly certain he won't like it, but is willing to take one for the team.

Ohhh, welcome!

I hear you about that. It was 2006 to 2013 for our one gap. (DH lost his job right after the 2006 trip.) I cried when we went in 2013 with our boys and I saw the castle again. (Geez, I'm tearing up again now!)

So happy for you that you're going back. :cool1:

Ohhh, welcome!

I hear you about that. It was 2006 to 2013 for our one gap. (DH lost his job right after the 2006 trip.) I cried when we went in 2013 with our boys and I saw the castle again. (Geez, I'm tearing up again now!)

So happy for you that you're going back. :cool1:

Thank you!! I was honestly wondering when we would ever get back on track. I have no doubt I'll be in tears as well when we get there.

I see that you have a special needs child, my son is also and he too is really into the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!