OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

WooHoo!!! Touring Plans just came through on Ohana breakfast for 11/27 for our family of 5:flower1: My DS8 will be so surprised, he loves loves Stitch:yay:

Congrats. I've used Touring Plans in the past with success. We love Ohana breakfast. It was great. DS and I love Stitch too!! Enjoy.

Everyone at work planning their summer vacations and I'm just sitting here waiting for November...:surfweb:

Haha! Yep!
Although we do camp for a week starting the end of July, and I am still hoping maybe to do a weekend get-away somewhere in-state (Michigan).

So I keep stalking Southwest to see if our flights go down, but wow...NOPE.
I got our flights the day they opened up (May 18) and I sure am glad!
There are 9 flights going to MCO on the 12th...all have gone up.
There are 10 flights returning to GRR on the 20th. All are sold out except the last one that arrives at 12:15 AM. Yikes!

There are 10 flights returning to GRR on the 20th. All are sold out except the last one that arrives at 12:15 AM. Yikes!
Same here. Almost all the flights on thanksgiving and Black Friday are sold out!

I don't know what was up with flight prices this year. We are 2 hrs from one major airport and 3 1/2 from another. There are five of us from Arkansas. When southwest released, there were four flights and each one had two stops and were $220 one way! Craziness!!

Our package doesn't start until 11/26 but it was so much cheaper to fly out Black Friday. Flying out Black Friday and two nights at POR still saved us money than if we flew the day our tickets/dining begins.

That being said, we still had to pay way too much ($404 pp roundtrip Delta) but prices have only continued to go up.

I don't know what was up with flight prices this year. We are 2 hrs from one major airport and 3 1/2 from another. There are five of us from Arkansas. When southwest released, there were four flights and each one had two stops and were $220 one way! Craziness!!

Our package doesn't start until 11/26 but it was so much cheaper to fly out Black Friday. Flying out Black Friday and two nights at POR still saved us money than if we flew the day our tickets/dining begins.

That being said, we still had to pay way too much ($404 pp roundtrip Delta) but prices have only continued to go up.
Our flights were more expensive than expected, too. About $300/person for a 1.5 hour, nonstop Southwest flight. And that's more than a week before Thanksgiving. However, if I go back and price it now, it's almost $500/person, with most of the return flight options sold out. Insane! However, I'll take it over driving 10+ hours with an 4-year-old (the epitome of patience, right?) who has to pee every five minutes. LOL

Our flights were more expensive than expected, too. About $300/person for a 1.5 hour, nonstop Southwest flight. And that's more than a week before Thanksgiving. However, if I go back and price it now, it's almost $500/person, with most of the return flight options sold out. Insane! However, I'll take it over driving 10+ hours with an 4-year-old (the epitome of patience, right?) who has to pee every five minutes. LOL

I totally get it! Our drive is 13 hrs if we didn't stop. We have 12, 11 and 8 yr olds, sweet husband says our trip will start out on a better note not driving. We were at least able to turn his points into a credit on his credit card so it only ended up costing us $790 out of the $2290 cost for five tickets so that's worked out pretty nicely!!

Flight prices are why we are driving-unless Frontier comes out with an amazing deal and I can find an amazing car rental deal.

Going to book this Friday for Nov 7th to Nov 12th. It will be my Mother, my son and me. Husband is staying home and working (also won't fly). Gonna stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. My 1st time, staying at that resort, my mom's 2nd. So excited to be planning another trip!

Same here. Almost all the flights on thanksgiving and Black Friday are sold out!
Don't worry this happens every year then around 3 months out or so they will open up more flights with lower prices. May not be 100.00 but certainly won't be 500.00 like its showing for our flight home :sad2:
Since DD's in school in Florida it's just me so I don't mind playing the waiting game. My older DD and her family need 4 tickets. They were able to secure their flight going down on the day SW released their flights but had to wait to purchase their flight home. Now that she has the money to purchase but the prices are crazy. She didn't want to wait so I was able to find them flights on AA from MCO to PHL on 11/19 for 233 a person. She was very happy with that price and feels much better having them booked.

Don't worry this happens every year then around 3 months out or so they will open up more flights with lower prices. May not be 100.00 but certainly won't be 500.00 like its showing for our flight home :sad2:
Since DD's in school in Florida it's just me so I don't mind playing the waiting game. My older DD and her family need 4 tickets. They were able to secure their flight going down on the day SW released their flights but had to wait to purchase their flight home. Now that she has the money to purchase but the prices are crazy. She didn't want to wait so I was able to find them flights on AA from MCO to PHL on 11/19 for 233 a person. She was very happy with that price and feels much better having them booked.

This is what I'm hoping will happen. We haven't booked our return flight yet because prices are high.

I am that week also! Are you having trouble w dining adrs? I'm struggling :(
Sorry, just saw this. Yes I am finding it almost impossible to get adrs. I only had two that our party really wanted and I got them but at times that are not ideal.

Sorry, just saw this. Yes I am finding it almost impossible to get adrs. I only had two that our party really wanted and I got them but at times that are not ideal.
Me too... still sitting here calling every other day and patiently waiting for an alert for bog and crt. So far nothing.

Me too... still sitting here calling every other day and patiently waiting for an alert for bog and crt. So far nothing.
I got Ohana for breakfast Wednesday and BOG for breakfast thursday. BOG is for 8:20AM, but that is the day we will be at the MVMCP. That is going to be a LONG day. But its MK I'd be there from rope drop to close if I could. :0)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter