OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Us too we miss Epcot events by 2 days.:sad1: Well I guess hat means we will have to go back again soon.:teeth:
Me too!! They sound amazing! Unfortunately we'll be missing the EPCOT events by a few days but we'll get to see the new offerings at HS, as well as all of the decorations in MK! I guess that gives me another reason to plan a trip for next year...darn!:woohoo:
I just wish fantasmic was a little later than Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! so we could see both.
Hopefully we'll get to see some of the deluxe decorations,as well!

Everyone on here has been so helpful everytime I ask question, thank you. I have a few more. We have a one night room only stay before our free dining package starts, do I make make fastpasses the 60 days of our room only or when our package starts (with the tickets). TIA!

I had this situation last week. 2 night room-only followed by free dining package with hoppers. If FP window opened with RO stay, it would be the 13th, if with package stay, the 15th. On the 12th, I clicked the "get started" button under FPs on MDE and it said I would have to wait until the 15th. That is not what the DIS FP FAQ said, so I checked the 13th just in case and sure enough, my window had opened!
SO, MDE lied to me:tongue:. Your window will open the morning of your first stay (RO.) You won't be able to get FPs for that first day, though.

I had this situation last week. 2 night room-only followed by free dining package with hoppers. If FP window opened with RO stay, it would be the 13th, if with package stay, the 15th. On the 12th, I clicked the "get started" button under FPs on MDE and it said I would have to wait until the 15th. That is not what the DIS FP FAQ said, so I checked the 13th just in case and sure enough, my window had opened!
SO, MDE lied to me:tongue:. Your window will open the morning of your first stay (RO.) You won't be able to get FPs for that first day, though.
Thank you!! Now I better come up with a plan!

According to the FP post (second bullet below), I think it should open at 60 days from the room only date I believe but you'll only be able to make FPs for the days that you actually have tickets to the park (not the day of your room only stay if you don't have park tickets tied to that day). We've got the same setup. I've read this post over and over again because there are so many different ways FP can work depending on how your stay is setup!

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)
  • Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.
  • RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
on no! We have a ro on nov 29 and start our package at a different resort on dec 1. I am thinking 60 days from my dec1 package which is oct 2. So should I try on September 30?

for all of you who just booked your fp+ 60 days out, have you been successful with getting FoP and if so, what day of your vacation did you schedule it for?

I was able to get a FoP fastpass but it's for 6pm. We had hoped not to go back to Animal Kingdom that evening and go to another park for fireworks, but oh well. Seeing avatar at night will be pretty cool too.

Tomorrow's my fastpass day!!! For those of you that have already booked - how far our for the week of the 19th did you have to book FOP or even 7DMT? Just trying to come up with a plan here. TIA!!

Tomorrow's my fastpass day!!! For those of you that have already booked - how far our for the week of the 19th did you have to book FOP or even 7DMT? Just trying to come up with a plan here. TIA!!

I got 7DMT on the 11/20 and 11/21 and FoP on 11/22. Lots of times available this morning. I didn't check for 11/23, as we will be in HS that day.

for all of you who just booked your fp+ 60 days out, have you been successful with getting FoP and if so, what day of your vacation did you schedule it for?

I was able to get ours on day 6. I specifically wanted an evening time, so I am sure that helped. I didn't check for any other days, so I don't know if it was available sooner.

on no! We have a ro on nov 29 and start our package at a different resort on dec 1. I am thinking 60 days from my dec1 package which is oct 2. So should I try on September 30?

Yes, you want 60 days from your RO stay check-in as long as your stays are consecutive with no breaks in between.

Success FP's are done party:
Got on right at 7:00am and done before the first patient came in a little before 8:00 am.
Scheduled FP's for 9 park days got FOP for 3 separate days. Also got 7DMT for both our MK days. Let the obsession and tweaking begin ::yes::
I know that obsession and tweaking well, lol.:p

Anyone have a sense of how available Fantasmic fast passes are close to the day? Is it something you can grab just a few days before going or even day of?

(Considering heading into either AK for Pandora at night (IF we can get FOP) or HS just for Fantasmic on our "off" day, but family is not prepared to make decision on preference before 7 am tomorrow, in part due to fluctuating ADR plans! So, I feel compelled to try to book FOP to hold off on making the decision on which park to go to, but wondering how long we can wait if the decision ends up being family prefers the Fantastic option.)

Thoughts from the experienced FP+ people out there?

I'm super happy with all of my FP times except 7DMT, which is on day 2 of my trip. I wanted one in mid-morning or early afternoon but I couldn't get one until 3:25. I'm 51 days out and I can't stop myself from checking every day for a new time, even though all FP have been issued! I'm really ridiculous, to be honest - talk about a first world problem. I do wonder, though, as I get closer to the date... do you think other people will cancel within the few days before we leave so some will open back up at an earlier time? Have any of you had good luck in shifting times on FP that were previously not available?

Anyone have a sense of how available Fantasmic fast passes are close to the day? Is it something you can grab just a few days before going or even day of?

(Considering heading into either AK for Pandora at night (IF we can get FOP) or HS just for Fantasmic on our "off" day, but family is not prepared to make decision on preference before 7 am tomorrow, in part due to fluctuating ADR plans! So, I feel compelled to try to book FOP to hold off on making the decision on which park to go to, but wondering how long we can wait if the decision ends up being family prefers the Fantastic option.)

Thoughts from the experienced FP+ people out there?
I don't think you'll need a fastpass for Fantasmic. The stadium is very large, plus there will be Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam at the same time so 1/2 the crowds will probably be there. We went last and year and there was same day availability for Fanstasmic as a 4th fastpass, but like I said you probably won't need it! It's a tier 1, so if you pick that up ahead of time you won't be able to pre-book something else at Hollywood Studios.

Looks like we have a couple days in the same park.
What time is your 7DMT on the 21st and your FOP on the 22nd?

7DMT - 3:55pm (we have the dessert party that night, so going late)
FoP --6:55pm (only doing the evening at AK after Sanaa lunch)

We decided we didn't want early mornings on the days leading into Thanksgiving. You doing early or late?

I'm trying to come up with my fp plan today. I'm a little torn if I should make fp for my dd5 for rides that are 44" and above. She will probably be really close to the height requirements when we go. It could go either way. A crystal ball would really come in handy right now.

I'm trying to come up with my fp plan today. I'm a little torn if I should make fp for my dd5 for rides that are 44" and above. She will probably be really close to the height requirements when we go. It could go either way. A crystal ball would really come in handy right now.
Not to jeopardize safety, but you could always try "taller" shoes if it's super close (like sneakers, vs. Flip Flops)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter