OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I'm trying to come up with my fp plan today. I'm a little torn if I should make fp for my dd5 for rides that are 44" and above. She will probably be really close to the height requirements when we go. It could go either way. A crystal ball would really come in handy right now.

Same issue here. My daughter is about 39.5" with sneakers on, but still growing quickly. I made the faatpasses for her, but if she can't ride my DH will take my DS and then we will use the rider swap option. I know she's gonna be so disappointed though :guilty:

Not to jeopardize safety, but you could always try "taller" shoes if it's super close (like sneakers, vs. Flip Flops)

I'm going to measure her later to see just how close we are. In July the FOP cm wanted to measure her when we asked for rider swaps and he said she was pretty close then. DH thought he was just saying that to be nice but I think she's pretty close. Especially if she wears sneakers. We're doing Pandora twice so I think I'll book her Navi on one of the days and FOP on the other. I don't think she'll be disappointed if she's too short for FOP and can't go on Navi because the ride is too long. I'll just need to find something we can do while the boys ride FOP.

My other dilemma was if I should book Frozen Ever After on both Epcot days or just one and do Test Track the other. I talked to dh and I planned it all out with him so I'm confident with that one now. lol The ones that you now you can't get later like 7d, Frozen, and FOP are what stress me out.

Was anyone able to get a Splash Mountain fp? I know it's being refurbished right now but hoping we can go on it at the end of November. The day I would want to do it will be a crowded MK day so I'm hoping i can secure a fp for it.

I'm going to measure her later to see just how close we are. In July the FOP cm wanted to measure her when we asked for rider swaps and he said she was pretty close then. DH thought he was just saying that to be nice but I think she's pretty close. Especially if she wears sneakers. We're doing Pandora twice so I think I'll book her Navi on one of the days and FOP on the other. I don't think she'll be disappointed if she's too short for FOP and can't go on Navi because the ride is too long. I'll just need to find something we can do while the boys ride FOP.

My other dilemma was if I should book Frozen Ever After on both Epcot days or just one and do Test Track the other. I talked to dh and I planned it all out with him so I'm confident with that one now. lol The ones that you now you can't get later like 7d, Frozen, and FOP are what stress me out.

Was anyone able to get a Splash Mountain fp? I know it's being refurbished right now but hoping we can go on it at the end of November. The day I would want to do it will be a crowded MK day so I'm hoping i can secure a fp for it.

I got a Splash Mtn FP for 11/18!

Same issue here. My daughter is about 39.5" with sneakers on, but still growing quickly. I made the faatpasses for her, but if she can't ride my DH will take my DS and then we will use the rider swap option. I know she's gonna be so disappointed though :guilty:

It's so hard trying to figure all this stuff out! FX for growth spurts in the next couple of months!

7DMT - 3:55pm (we have the dessert party that night, so going late)
FoP --6:55pm (only doing the evening at AK after Sanaa lunch)

We decided we didn't want early mornings on the days leading into Thanksgiving. You doing early or late?
We are going in the morning and early afternoon. Then we plan on going to Epcot on some later afternoons or evenings to enjoy the the Christmas offerings and :drinking1
That's why I'm so excited about the BC.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Couldn't find a thread for November 2017 and I'm soooo ready to get to talking to others about Disney even if we're over a year a way!

EDIT-Needing to update the Pre Trip Report so it will be gone for a bit :)

We are 448 days from the start of our trip. party:

Official Trips Dates November 23rd-Dec 3rd. (Nov 23rd driving check in to Disney Nov 24th and check out Dec 2nd and driving on the 3rd)

We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside!:banana:

So please come on in and share with us what your plans are!!!

We are booked at POR too! Around the same time. WOOOOOOOO!!!

Edit: We am booked...ugh! We AM booked! I feel like I've turned into Impy from the "Impy and Wormer" comics in Nickelodeon Magazine. The REAL Nickelodeon Magazine (that ran from 1993 to 2009), not that horrible new one with the horrible new Nickelodeon logo.
For those of you who didn't get my reference, Impy was an ant who always used "am" incorrectly (e.g. "Impy am back!") and Wormer was the serious-minded worm with no eyes or mouth. Impy was always calling Wormer a noodle...:rolleyes:
Why did I go off into a tangent and give you a geeky infodump? Anyway, glad I was able to correct this nonsense. :P

Last edited:
So, how long does it actually take to book Fastpasses? (Meaning: the 7 am rush for the top priority runs before you start tweaking everything.)

It's my first time doing FP+, and I'm wondering if I can pull it off before having to take the kids to school at 7:40/7:45. Or do I need to try to find them a ride?

So, how long does it actually take to book Fastpasses? (Meaning: the 7 am rush for the top priority runs before you start tweaking everything.)

It's my first time doing FP+, and I'm wondering if I can pull it off before having to take the kids to school at 7:40/7:45. Or do I need to try to find them a ride?

I had about the same timing: had to get my son on the bus at 7:40. I made it, but just barely. You could always come back to it if you don't finish in time. I'm sure you will have all the crucial ones booked within the first half hour.

I'm bad - I normally leave at 715 with the kids but I'm staying home for awhile in the morning so I don't have to run out - and they don't get on the bus until 8:40 in front of our house so I got this :)

I started right at 7:00 am yesterday and was done by 7:55 am. I think it makes a difference too how many days you're scheduling FP's for. I had 10 days to schedule and still had time to tweak a little.

Yes!!! Finally finished making my reservations. Got everything we wanted at pretty good times.
11/18-11/26 - only thing I am missing is a TH ROL breakfast, but have an FP for that just in case one never comes.

You really only have to worry about the hard to get ones if you are making fastpasses first thing in the morning. Get FoP, 7DMT, etc, first and then come back and fill in with the easy to get ones.

I got Splash Mountain FP on the 17th.:) I am hoping there are no problems because that is the first day it is supposed to reopen and our last day there.:scared:

You really only have to worry about the hard to get ones if you are making fastpasses first thing in the morning. Get FoP, 7DMT, etc, first and then come back and fill in with the easy to get ones.

Yes to this! This is my plan. I have to get the kids ready so I'm going to just do the hardest to get and then finish up after I take them to school.

Did fastpasses for Thanksgiving week and am very happy with what I have :) I was evening able to 7DMT on our first park evening (technically 2nd day of trip) so we can ride it both MK Days :) DD was super happy to hear!
60 days to go -- whooo hoooo!

Indint
How are people feeling about crowd levels Nov 12-18?

It's supposed to be "lower" according to crowd calendars but I am getting nervous based on lack of ADR availability and also hotel occupancy...

Thoughts?

I think crowds will grow as you get closer to Thanksgiving. We arrive on the 16th evening. I expect moderate crowds 17-19 and then very busy after that. 12-16 you are probably in good shape!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter