*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I have a random TP question. Would it be a good investment to get TP this late in the trip planning process? I still would like to get a beaches and cream adr, garden grill breakfast, and/or tusker hours adr and it would be nice to see potential wait times and crowds. I know it’s all predictions, but do you guys find it reliable?

FYI, you don't have to have a TP subscription to use the ADR finder - it's free for everyone.

I got the TP email about MK extending closing hour to 11pm instead of 10pm on 11/22, 23, and 24, and extending closing til 10pm on the 26th. Really glad I booked the HEA After fireworks dessert party on 11/24!
Hey we're at the dessert party on the 24th , too! But not the after one. I may look in to switching it now if there's still availability.

Opinion question, EMH or no. Right now I have all my days planned and it just happened none of them are EMH days. We are good early risers so that’s not a problem. Should I switch my days? I’m a little Leary as all my FP’s are booked.
I wouldn't change my plans now just to use EMH. Typically those parks are busy later in the day if you plan on staying past mid morning. We don't plan on using any early morning EMH during our trip. If you don't need to RD Pandora or TSL then it isn't worth being there for EMH. You can always RD on a non EMH day anyway. Just my opinion.

I have a random TP question. Would it be a good investment to get TP this late in the trip planning process? I still would like to get a beaches and cream adr, garden grill breakfast, and/or tusker hours adr and it would be nice to see potential wait times and crowds. I know it’s all predictions, but do you guys find it reliable?
I think it is worth it for the touring plan part. We have used it to plan every day of our trip with our FP's, ADR's and other rides we want to do and it tells us if it is doable and what our wait times are. We really haven't needed the dining finder but most people that use it have had success. We also love the lines app. The predictions are less important to us because if you create a good touring plan it won't matter what the crowds are. I feel that is the best use of the program. They have ready made touring plans but I like being a able to customize our touring plans. It is well worth the money.

Is there a feature on TP that allows you to enter your current FPS and ADRs and then TP suggests what you can or should do in between rides based on what’s nearby or on the way to where you’re heading next? We’ve never used it and this is our first trip next month.
No. The closest thing is to do a personal touring plan add your FP's, ADRs and then pick a few other attractions. Hit optimize and the program will then put your plan in the best order. It doesn't always pick what is the nearest ride so sometimes you have to tinker with it. I hope that helps.

Super excited about the extended hours on 11/10, I have a reservation for 'Ohana at 4pm that day and was pretty bummed thinking our day would be cut short and there wouldn't be much point in going back to the park after dinner. Now we definitely have plenty of time to go back. I know it'll probably be really crowded but it's just my BF and I, we're expert music festival crowd navigators so I think our skills will come in handy! :D

Just found out DS2 is officially going with his GF and her family 11/22-11/26! She came with us on our trip this summer and her mom was inspired to try to get their family to all go- she's the youngest of 5 and has 3 nephews too. A couple cousins and an aunt are coming too so I think the entire party is 16. She finally got everyone's commitment on dates and who is going to finalize booking. That's gonna be crazy on Thanksgiving weekend! Their plan is to drive Thanksgiving evening (it's 6 hours from us) and meet up with everyone at All Star Sports, do four park days, and drive home the last night. I'm going over on my day off this week to help her mom try to coordinate some things. With ages 5-55 picking fast passes may be a challenge, and we figure there will be some splitting up. They want to do one character breakfast with the entire group though. Wish us luck!

We are also at the Christmas party on 11/8!

I have a half day at AK on 11/3 and then arriving late and staying until close on 11/6.

11/7 I made a full day at Epcot.

I have a few evenings at MK but I will be at the MK on 11/5. I know it closes at 4:30 but I've read that crowds should be very very low so I'm hoping to take advantage of that.

I'm not even worrying about crowd calendars. I just plan to go in with my FP+ and a good plan on rides.

Yay... I am very excited for the Christmas party.
We have first day at AK (November 4)
But, I am thinking maybe half day there and hop over to another park
I have originally planned a full day at AK, and I would really like to see the park at night.

Monday November 5 we have half day at HS
But I am thinking maybe not...
I see that jingle bell jingle bam starts November 6.

We have Epcot full day November 6

Magic Kingdom sort of full day Wednesday November 7
Plus from lunch and the Christmas party on November 8

HS half day November 9
Have a few reservations I am not sure about. Hmm...

Yay... I am very excited for the Christmas party.
We have first day at AK (November 4)
But, I am thinking maybe half day there and hop over to another park
I have originally planned a full day at AK, and I would really like to see the park at night.

Monday November 5 we have half day at HS
But I am thinking maybe not...
I see that jingle bell jingle bam starts November 6.

We have Epcot full day November 6

Magic Kingdom sort of full day Wednesday November 7
Plus from lunch and the Christmas party on November 8

HS half day November 9
Have a few reservations I am not sure about. Hmm...

I love AK at night. I love the vibe and the sights. I fell in love with AK during a PM EMH back in 2009. I haven't been back at night since then so I made sure to put a late night there. Plus on 11/10 we are going to go from 5-8 before we head to MK for PM EMH.

I will also be in DHS on 11/9 probably arriving around noonish since we have MVMCP the night before.

Only 19 days! I'm getting so excited!

DME tags came yesterday! Not using them, carry-ons only... I think... (JetBlue, don't want to pay for luggage and flight gets in at 6pm so we wouldn't want to wait til 9 or 10 for our bags.) but still always an exciting envelope to get! Contemplating Uber/Lyft from the airport - I'd love to hit Epcot for an hour or so if possible & I tend to have the worst luck with MDE.

DME tags came yesterday! Not using them, carry-ons only... I think... (JetBlue, don't want to pay for luggage and flight gets in at 6pm so we wouldn't want to wait til 9 or 10 for our bags.) but still always an exciting envelope to get! Contemplating Uber/Lyft from the airport - I'd love to hit Epcot for an hour or so if possible & I tend to have the worst luck with MDE.
Us too either we get on the bus right away and then sit for 30-45 mins >:( or wait forever to get on a bus.

Us too either we get on the bus right away and then sit for 30-45 mins >:( or wait forever to get on a bus.

And I'm ALWAYS resort #3! Only my most recent trip (arrive at 8pm on a Wed in July) was I at my resort within an hour - and we were STILL #3 :D I've had it take well over 2 hours. My brother & his family were on the same flight (they stayed at ASM & we were at the Cabins). They were IN Magic Kingdom (resort, room, bus to MK, through security, everything) before we even got to our resort!

Got 2 notifications from TP for my dates, 11/20-11/25
MK open 1 hour later, making EMH on Wednesday, 11-1 am!
AK extended in both directions, opening 1 hour earlier 8 am instead of 9 am, and staying open until 9 pm.
Hopefully this will free up some FoP FPs for those looking for them.
Now, I would be even happier if they extended HS from 9-10 so that I can be sure to get over there to see TSL at night, but I don't have my hopes up for that.

I was able to move a couple FP times with the new hour changes. Now I just really want 8am open at MK for Thanksgiving week!

It is excused up to 5 days. It used to be 10 days, but the district changed the policy over the summer. The principal is fully supportive of vacations and it is almost expected that most kids will miss some time for vacation over the course of the year. It is elementary school, so I'm sure attitudes change in the upper schools.

I usually just email the teachers and let them know which days my kids will be absent. It is not excused and the district does not support taking your kid out for vacation. This year they will miss the three days following the return after thanksgiving break.
I have been called in twice and had to sign paperwork saying my children have missed school days and I am aware of the distracts policy. But I will continue to take family vacations and if a few days are missed so be it.
It is excused up to 5 days. It used to be 10 days, but the district changed the policy over the summer. The principal is fully supportive of vacations and it is almost expected that most kids will miss some time for vacation over the course of the year. It is elementary school, so I'm sure attitudes change in the upper schools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter