*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

OMG I just about had a heart attack! We're hitting Sea World for a couple of days before Disney and I had already booked Dine with Shamu and the Killer Whale and Dolphins Close Up tours. Got an email with the "Blue Friday" deals and the dining and the dolphins were 50% off. I called to see if they could just credit me, but I had to cancel and rebook. The lady on the phone cancelled the Killer Whales Up Close tour rather than the dining!!!! Wouldn't have been a big deal but the price on the tour had just gone up a couple of days ago to way more than I paid so I couldn't just rebook on-line for that. Was on the phone for at least a half an hour, but finally got the price adjusted (and they adjusted it $70 less than I originally paid!!!). I'm so glad it ended up working out, I would have been so disappointed to have lost those!

Well, this week has been a bust as far as getting things done for the trip. Work has been absolutely CRAZY so by the time I log off I'm too wiped to really do too much. I have been getting some of the packages I've been waiting for so I'm happy about that.
This weekend will be focused on packing. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fit in more cold weather clothes since it was fairly chilly today in FL. I want to have everything packed on Sunday so that on Wednesday all I have to worry about is work and then packing the last minute stuff like chargers.
I hope everyone who is leaving this weekend has a safe trip!

Who else has small children and stays anxious for the 2 weeks before leaving that they will get sick!
Me! My son started complaining of a sore throat and headache Thursday afternoon and woke up Friday with a sore throat I took him straight to the doc to get tested for strep throat it’s been going around at his school. Thankfully it came back negative. Of course doctor said could be the begging of a cold but I think it’s allergies. We leave on Monday.

We leave tomorrow for a Thanksgiving camping trip and then we are home for a 1.5 days before we leave for our pre-flight hotel for WDW! Packing for 2 completely different trips at the same time is not going well! I've settle for packing for neither until I really feel panicked! :rolleyes1

Finished a stressful week of work on Friday :badpc: then came home and did :laundy:
Today I treated myself to a mani/pedi and got my hair done then finally packed.
It’s so cold here flying down in jeans sneakers and fleece jacket. I may need the jeans in the evening but the weather this coming week looks great.
Fly out tomorrow morning so happy when I checked in for the flight and saw TSA pre check :cheer2:
Hope everyone leaving soon has a wonderful time :goodvibes

Finished a stressful week of work on Friday :badpc: then came home and did :laundy:
Today I treated myself to a mani/pedi and got my hair done then finally packed.
It’s so cold here flying down in jeans sneakers and fleece jacket. I may need the jeans in the evening but the weather this coming week looks great.
Fly out tomorrow morning so happy when I checked in for the flight and saw TSA pre check :cheer2:
Hope everyone leaving soon has a wonderful time :goodvibes
Have fun!!!!!!:yay:pixiedust:

Who else has small children and stays anxious for the 2 weeks before leaving that they will get sick!
This trip is just my best friend and I so I am just drinking immune booster supplements and washing hands like crazy.

Normally though I am stressed during that time and wish we could just go early or live in a bubble. One year my son broke his arm the morning of the day we left so I also just want everyone to stay still during that window :scared:

Just my husband and I are traveling this week to WDW!

Has anyone gone to the breakfast at Akershus without children? Can you provide any feedback regarding whether the food/experience was worth it for adults?

Thank you!

We leave on Wednesday and I can't seem to get myself organized!!!! I've cleaned for hours today but I cant get myself to open up my suitcase and start putting things in it :sad2:
I have a very long day of work tomorrow and I know I wont want to do it when I get home... fingers crossed for a wave of packing productivity tonight!

Also, ended up getting a LTT reservation for Thanksgiving last night (thanks to the TP reservation finder!). So now I have to choose between a 7pm Garden Grill reservation or the 9:20pm LTT reservation... We have park opening fast passes for MK that day. Any insight/opinions?? Thanks :upsidedow

7 days!!! I haven't started packing yet. The weather is so up in the air - the 28th says a high of 65! But it's 20 degrees and snowing here right now, so I'll take whatever :)

Getting ready to leave tomorrow!!!
AND, this morning I was stalking the DVC site and a studio at BLT opened up for our first 2 nights, so instead of staying at OKW and then switching to BLT, we'll be staying at BLT the entire time! :banana::banana:

I still need to finish packing (At this point I'm going to just throw everything I own into a garbage bag and be done with it), and clean the house because I hate coming home from vacation to a dirty house.

We leave tomorrow too! Trying to finalize packing, can't decide between shorts or jeans. What's everyone planning on wearing? The nights/ mornings are going to be cool, esp tomorrow night.

Bringing both!!!! Bring a sweatshirt too!! Nights (and even mornings!) can get chilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter