OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

frozenone16, I love your tent. We tent camped for 3 to 4 yes & loved it. Got to be too much setting up - tent for our kitchen, potty tent & our sleeping tent. Know you will have a blast & Bama Ed can't wait to see you in the Golf cart parade. Wave & let us all know it's me & home.

Aww thanks! We got a really good deal on it, and it is very roomy inside! We love it! So far we have only camped in our backyard, so the Fort will be our first experience actually camping! We aren't going to have a tent kitchen, just a Rubbermaid tote and our cooler for snacks. We have a couple of ADR's planned for our off day, and then our other 2 days we will be eating in the parks. I hope it becomes a tradition for us, and maybe eventually we can get the small camper that my DH has his eyes set on!

Long drive home from horse park campground today so today's countdown activity is watching the pirate fairy while driving and doing these sticker books.

20170917_101446-2016x1512.jpg

Last weekend was our last camping trip before Disney so now I can work on cleaning the inside thoroughly and then start packing while watching the September thread anxiously to see the fort reopen. 16 days!!!!

Today's scavenger hunt clue:
20170918_085017-1512x2016 (2).jpg

We are almost at one month out from departure day!! ( leaving mn September 25-26th to have a leisurely drive down :car:)
We raise basset hounds, so our summer has been crazy with about 30 puppies here, but now they have all gone to their new families.... yesterday completed our 5 days of horse showing at our county fair- now it's GAME ON getting ready for our trip! First trip in our camper we got last fall: we named her SERENITY, because that is our farm name, and it just seems to fit...:rainbow:
Need to work on getting comfortable posting pictures next!
What kind of horses you show? Show and ridden since I was a small kid ,

Grew up doing 4H and went as far as I could doing that and started breed shows as a teen doing both AQHA and APHA. Now just have some really great horses I clean up after lol. One day I will show the level I did again when finances allow. Very horse rich and kid poor

Until then they do local shows that give you APHA points and some weekend shows here and there. Still made my gelding have tons of points that way so there is that.

We are also planning on Epcot for 10/11, the crowd calendar shows it as a slower park for that day, but maybe those calendars really aren't accurate?
As long as food and wine is there, it's crowded. Just this past weekend was slammed, long lines for all booths. We pretty much just walked past most of them. One good tip, if you want a beer. Go to the permanent quick serve places. For example, America the popcorn beer stand buy a beer 7 and it's 12 oz. Food and Wine stand 4 bucks for maybe 4 oz or goto the Hamburger Quick Service and 8 bucks for 16oz.... Steer clear of the FW drinks unless you really want to try one. Most are way over priced.

Alright so I been slowly building my reservations at Halloween. So far I have the 29th to the 1st and hope to add at least Saturday if not both Friday and Saturday to them. If we can, then I will cancel our Thanksgiving reservations.

That said, I would love to do the parade again and decorations contest. When do you think the parade will be, I did all the research and figured it will be Sunday or Halloween. Hope it's either and not Saturday at this point. But last year I lucked out and could add a day the week before.

We have next year already booked, thankfully.

What kind of horses you show? Show and ridden since I was a small kid ,

Grew up doing 4H and went as far as I could doing that and started breed shows as a teen doing both AQHA and APHA. Now just have some really great horses I clean up after lol. One day I will show the level I did again when finances allow. Very horse rich and kid poor

Until then they do local shows that give you APHA points and some weekend shows here and there. Still made my gelding have tons of points that way so there is that.
I must confess- I'm an Arabian girl :) So my daughter - from 3 years old until 2 years ago- showed my old Arabian mare. Now that she has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, she is showing our Paint mare, and is hoping to show our POA next year as well. But I'm on the hunt for a young Arabian now :love:

I must confess- I'm an Arabian girl :) So my daughter - from 3 years old until 2 years ago- showed my old Arabian mare. Now that she has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, she is showing our Paint mare, and is hoping to show our POA next year as well. But I'm on the hunt for a young Arabian now :love:
A good Arabian is worth there wait in gold. And that head and eye.....

Todays countdown activity is the movie Tangled with mini art canvases and easels to paint like Rapunzel. 15 Days!!!!

20170919_101340-1512x2016 (2).jpg

Ok October Fort glampers, with confirmed reports of the Fort opening this morning, it's time to get this group excited again. Whomever moderates the October thread should add a list of folks, with dates, that are going to be at the Fort in October. Perhaps some of us can meet for a cold adult beverage and put a face to a name. If a list is started, we are arriving Oct. 1 - 6 ( full hook-up ) and hopefully will be in the 1600 loop ( that's what I have requested anyway ).

Our FW has been packed since about Sept. 15 ... we actually had reservation for Sep. 17 - 26. All we have to do is add the perishables and the adult beverages and we're good to go. We are leaving the 30th and staying the night at Suwanee River State Park arriving at the Fort the next day before noon.

We are extremely excited about this trip since it's our first glamping adventure at Disney :yay: We have been to Disney World a whole bunch of times in the past, we try to go about every two years and have almost always stayed in a moderate priced Disney Resort.

Last edited:
Ok October Fort glampers, with confirmed reports of the Fort opening this morning, it's time to get this group excited again. Whomever moderates the October thread should add a list of folks, with dates, that are going to be at the Fort in October. Perhaps some of us can meet for a cold adult beverage and put a face to a name. If a list is started, we are arriving Oct. 1 - 6 and hopefully will be in the 1600 loop ( that's what I have requested anyway ).

Our FW has been packed since about Sept. 15 ... we actually had reservation for Sep. 17 - 26. All we have to do is add the perishables and the adult beverages and we're good to go. We are leaving the 30th and staying the night at Suwanee River State Park arriving at the Fort the next day before noon.

We are extremely excited about this trip since it's our first glamping adventure at Disney :yay: We have been to Disney World a whole bunch of times in the past, we try to go about every two years and have almost always stayed in a moderate priced Disney Resort.
Awesome idea, tripleb! After we finish school today, I'll start going through the thread and see how many dates I can come up with! And because so many have changed due to Irma- please everyone- feel free to either message me your dates, or repost them on this thread! Sooooooo happy!

My dates are 10/5-10/15 premium campsite, requested 400 loop

Awesome idea, tripleb! After we finish school today, I'll start going through the thread and see how many dates I can come up with! And because so many have changed due to Irma- please everyone- feel free to either message me your dates, or repost them on this thread! Sooooooo happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter