OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Well Disney is over for us. Unfortunately the weather change did in my daughter. She got very sick and had to go on her breathing machines. We stayed for trick or treating and left early this morning. Thanks to BamaEd for letting us ride in the cart parade. That was about all the fun we had.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's reaction to the weather change and having to cut short your trip. Good that you got to have fun ride in the golf cart. Hope you both got to enjoy that trick or treat night. Glad I had opportunity to meet you and that you have safe travels home.

Jim

Okay so to close my part of this party out. We just got home. It was one of the longest trips home of my Disney obsession. The DD is pretty sick. So we had to make numerous stops to work on her breathing status. She was so sick she even bailed on trick or treating. That is all she lives for. Now that we are home I can give her the right meds to clear her out. She has a very bad respiratory issue going on. As far as our time at the Fort. We only went to MK for about 3 hours. We rode BTMRR and SM. Then we rushed back and made it just as the Eds as in Mr. Ed and BamaEd arrived to take us to the golf cart parade. We loved it and will participate if we make it back next year. Trick or treating was off this year. maybe because it fell on a week day but I officially like 700 way better than 1400 now. We had less kids and I brought two bags home. Now I have to find someone with kids that didn't get enough candy already. I'm looking forward to reading all the fun everyone had and I will be back soon.

Joe, sorry to hear about your DD's health issues. Pixie Dust to help her get better. :tinker:
I'm sure you guys had a great time otherwise thanks to Bama Ed and his Dad.

So this is what we did Monday on one of our extra days.

@bama_ed I believe you mentioned something about this

I had mentioned it, Jim, and I'm glad you got to see it. If it launched on time, that means we were lining up for the Halloween Golf Cart parade right about then.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I had mentioned it, Jim, and I'm glad you got to see it. If it launched on time, that means we were lining up for the Halloween Golf Cart parade.

Bama Ed

Yep launched right on time at 334p. I was bummed to have missed the golf cart parade but it gives me reason to go back again to the Fort around Halloween :earsboy::tigger::stitch:

In this page https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-october-2017-pretrip-and-trip-report.3600058/page-39 in post #761 (the post at the top of the page) I showed a tree and two pieces of citrus that my dad and I pulled down.

After getting home and cutting them up, they taste like grapefruit. I guess they are growing wild but they aren't lemons, limes, or oranges. So chalk that up to the experimental method.

I keep looking for adult beverage mixes that use grapefruit and don't come up with much...

Bama Ed

To paraphrase Ron White "When life hands you an unknown citrus fruit find a friend that has Vodka and have a PARTY!"

All I can say is WOW! I didn't even think about getting onto the boards for the last 2 weeks, as it was a constant flurry of activity, but we could not have dreamed of a better trip. We have been to WDW 1-2 times a year over the last 10 years and were utterly taken by the experience of camping while we were there! The serenity of the campground (even at such a particularly busy time) was such a remarkable contrast to the bustling parks that enabled us to more fully enjoy the nature of each. Simple memories such as sitting on the deck behind the Meadow Trading post eating Mickey ice cream bars will last a LONG time!

We went into this trip with every assumption that this would be the one time we would make it the 1,300 miles down to FW with our camper and the kids. Now...not so much! It will be a few years, but plans are already in the works for an AP year with three separate visits (late summer, December and spring) with the trailer stored somewhere in FL between visits (I'll be back looking for your insights on that when it comes). Well before we left we (and the kids) were fully convinced that there was simply no way this could be a one-time thing.

As Ed said in an earlier post, I thank him, and all of you who shared insights, on the time you gave in helping us pull together a landmark first experience that could not have been better! It will be 2 years and 9 months before I get the camper down to the Fort again, but I will continue to try to be a regular on the boards to share with others what you all have shared with us!

Mickeyfan congrats you have had staying where else in WDW ruined. One stay at The Fort and you are hooked Don't forget there is a Camping community forum where lots of us also hang out and post about non Disney trips and other stuffs

Mickeyfan congrats you have had staying where else in WDW ruined. One stay at The Fort and you are hooked Don't forget there is a Camping community forum where lots of us also hang out and post about non Disney trips and other stuffs

Thanks Mike. I haven't seen that forum. I'll have to see if I can dig it up!

Okay I'm happy today. Finally sprung my daughter from the ICU a couple of days ago and started turning my thoughts to next year. Seeing that the Fort is already booked solid I contacted a well know travel agent and she was able to get me the whole week I wanted. We're booked again next year for Saturday 10/27 to Sunday 11/4. Also was able to book my cart with Kenney today so maybe we can decorate and participate with our own cart next year. We look forward to seeing everyone and pray for all of us to stay healthy.

Joe glad to hear your daughter is feeling better and I hope that means home. Am sure you will have a great time next year.

Glad to hear all is well with your daughter. Sounds like you have next trip under control

Joe,

I missed that your daughter landed in the hospital. Glad things are on the mend and you can get back to camping.

j

Yes since my daughter has home health nurses they discharge us right from the ICU. Thanks for all the kind words. She is doing much better now and fussing wanting to go back right now. I made the mistake of telling here we would make it up soon. Soon to me is a few months.

Okay so to close my part of this party out. We just got home. It was one of the longest trips home of my Disney obsession. The DD is pretty sick. So we had to make numerous stops to work on her breathing status. She was so sick she even bailed on trick or treating. That is all she lives for. Now that we are home I can give her the right meds to clear her out. She has a very bad respiratory issue going on. As far as our time at the Fort. We only went to MK for about 3 hours. We rode BTMRR and SM. Then we rushed back and made it just as the Eds as in Mr. Ed and BamaEd arrived to take us to the golf cart parade. We loved it and will participate if we make it back next year. Trick or treating was off this year. maybe because it fell on a week day but I officially like 700 way better than 1400 now. We had less kids and I brought two bags home. Now I have to find someone with kids that didn't get enough candy already. I'm looking forward to reading all the fun everyone had and I will be back soon.
We ToTed last year at 7o0 and it was standing room only. Also 400 was too. It was no where near as insane as last year. I think it being later made less locals or maybe they were patrolling the locals out more. Not sure but while it was still awesome it was not nearly as crazy.

Sorry your daughter missed out and felt so horrible. I am so glad my daughters lungs have slowly recovered from the h1n1 damage they had. Had to go thru several years of breathing treatments and etc. Now only once a year or so.... It's so scary and helpless feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter