OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

In this page https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-october-2017-pretrip-and-trip-report.3600058/page-39 in post #761 (the post at the top of the page) I showed a tree and two pieces of citrus that my dad and I pulled down.

After getting home and cutting them up, they taste like grapefruit. I guess they are growing wild but they aren't lemons, limes, or oranges. So chalk that up to the experimental method.

I keep looking for adult beverage mixes that use grapefruit and don't come up with much...

Bama Ed
There is quite a few grapefruit trees in loops. Our spot last year's Halloween trip at the 500 loop had a huge tree with a ton of fruit on it. None were ripe though.

There is also wild sour oranges. Actually most oranges that just grow wild from seeds are very sour.

Last edited:
Was this from the campground across from it? I so need to camp there with my girls. Jetty Park if I remember correctly.

No this was from inside the Space Center at the Apollo/Saturn V Center also what they call the Banana Creek Launch Viewing. We were only about 3.5 miles away. Jetty Park, at Port Canaveral correct? is about 14 miles from the launch pad. I remember seeing Jetty Park as we departed on a cruise last spring. When we arrived back at the port at the end of the cruise we lucked out and saw a SpaceX launch that was supposed to launch the day before. There are lots of closer places then Jetty Park to watch a launch as well.

“ ... and the Fort Scavenger Hunt (got a copy): ...”
Bama Ed

Bama, how can I get a copy of the Ft Wilderness Scavenger Hunt!? Heading that way later this month with our CubScout Pack and would love to have these guys exploring ... extra points for the initials obviously ;)

Bama, how can I get a copy of the Ft Wilderness Scavenger Hunt!? Heading that way later this month with our CubScout Pack and would love to have these guys exploring ... extra points for the initials obviously ;)

I didn't know there was such a thing...very intriguing!

Scott R.,

I have already scanned it but it is on my computer at home. On Sunday I will upload it to this thread after I return from this trip. The graphics on it are halloween-related but all the questions and activities are non-holiday specific and simply Fort related. I might try to remove the graphics.... But I will put it up in a few days regardless.

Thanks for working with the Cubs. I did it all as Tiger/Bobcat/Bear/Wolf/Webelo den leader for my two boys and oh was Cubmaster the last two years I was involved. It's a very rewarding family program.

Bama Ed

PS - Mickeyfan, it was a paper sheet set you could pick up at the Bike Barn in the days before halloween, fill it out and complete it, and turn it back in for a prize.

Scott, time is tight here today on Sunday. I have been gone for 9 nights and the to-do list is long for today. So I will just post the pages for the Halloween Scavenger Hunt as they are.

FW Scavenger Hunt Pg1 103117.jpg

FW Scavenger Hunt Pg2 103117.jpg

FW Scavenger Hunt Pg3 103117.jpg

To download these pages, hover your cursor over the page, opposite click your mouse button, and choose the "Save picture as" option.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!