OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

we use a Christmas Star Shower to light up our tent at night. I like it better than hanging lights...b/c well, I have to actually hang the lights.

We are hoping to get a Disney themed one for our house this year! We just bought our house in a nice neighborhood and I am so excited to decorate it for ALL of the holidays!!

We hang string lights on the inside and around the rain fly of our tent and is perfectly safe. We leave the ones on the rain fly on all night to give us a little light for those late night runs to the CS. We use blue string lights on the fly and the clear on inside.

I love this idea! I'll have to see if I have a set of LED lights around here to take on my August trip. Great idea for using them as night lights.

I love the Star Shower we recently aimed it up in the trees over the 4th of July. The swaying leaves made it look like fireworks over the house!

It appears that we will have to change our plans. Instead of being at the Fort in late October we are now looking at modifying our dates from Nov.1-9. I guess we will have to post under the November thread.

It appears that we will have to change our plans. Instead of being at the Fort in late October we are now looking at modifying our dates from Nov.1-9. I guess we will have to post under the November thread.

Do we have a November thread yet? :confused3

I could be wrong but I don't think we have one started yet. We need a leader, Boomer1, to start one. :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

We will be there October 6 - 9. We do plan to decorate. Halloween has died out in our neighborhood. Last year we only had ONE trick-or-treater.

It is our first ever Food and Wine experience. We are so excited to try all the food at Epcot. We went on a snack tour of Epcot when we were there in June and loved it!

It will also be our first visit in a Travel Trailer! We are upgrading from tent/popup status. We get the new trailer on Saturday. We are delighted to be trying so many new things on this trip!!

BTW- is travel trailer even the right word? or is it just camper? it's not an RV is it? :confused3
We have much to learn!!

We will be there October 6 - 9. We do plan to decorate. Halloween has died out in our neighborhood. Last year we only had ONE trick-or-treater.

It is our first ever Food and Wine experience. We are so excited to try all the food at Epcot. We went on a snack tour of Epcot when we were there in June and loved it!

It will also be our first visit in a Travel Trailer! We are upgrading from tent/popup status. We get the new trailer on Saturday. We are delighted to be trying so many new things on this trip!!

BTW- is travel trailer even the right word? or is it just camper? it's not an RV is it? :confused3
We have much to learn!!

Well yes RV encompasses all types of vehicles. It could be just a camper, but a Travel Trailer tells one what type of RV it is. As RV covers everything from the smallest popup's to the largest Diesel Pushers and everything in between, Class A, B, C and Fifth Wheels.

We have much to learn!!

Congrats on the new camper!! Like PAHunter said, it is an RV and a camper, but Travel Trailer is definitely more specific.

I am 7 days out from our week-long trip to Topsail State Park in Destin! Been busy trying to get everything together for the beach while simultaneously trying to also plan for Disney. I FINALLY got my parents to decide which days they will be joining us in the parks and bought their tickets so I'll be able to book their fastpasses at the same time as ours. So now that I have that information I have been finalizing my fastpass plans so I can get it all figured out before we leave for the beach cause I hit my 60 day mark on the Sunday we come home from Destin, really hope I have a good phone signal since I won't have wifi.

And it just occurred to me that Destin is on central time so I guess I'll have to be booking at 6 am.

it's not an RV is it?

Well yes RV encompasses all types of vehicles. It could be just a camper, but a Travel Trailer tells one what type of RV it is. As RV covers everything from the smallest popup's to the largest Diesel Pushers and everything in between, Class A, B, C and Fifth Wheels.

I will take it a step further... RV also includes, boats, Quads, JetSki's, etc... RV is generically Recreational Vehicle, so any vehicle that you use "Recreationally" qualifies.

I find the challenge is, is that when you say RV, most people (not in the know) think of a Class A, B, or C, but they are wrong, so adding the "Specifics" of what type of RV you have is helpful.

"I am taking my RV to the lake" is correct, but "I am taking my JetSki" to the lake is much clearer.

Anyway congrats on the New "RV". I am sure you will have lots of fun.

Everyone is talking about their fastpasses, and I am excited to book ours! However, we haven't purchased our tickets yet. Do we have to go ahead and purchase our tickets before we can book fastpasses? Usually I purchase the package, but since we are camping, we didn't do a package. We were just going to wait until our trip got closer to buy our tickets.

Everyone is talking about their fastpasses, and I am excited to book ours! However, we haven't purchased our tickets yet. Do we have to go ahead and purchase our tickets before we can book fastpasses? Usually I purchase the package, but since we are camping, we didn't do a package. We were just going to wait until our trip got closer to buy our tickets.
You need to buy the tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account(s). You can only make FP+ reservations for the number of days your linked tickets are for. If you don't have any tickets linked, that number is zero. Touringplans has a ticket finder to save you the most money.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator-disney-world-ticket-discounts

Yes you need to buy tickets as Cosmic stated to make your FP's. If you usually do a package, why not this time, if I may ask ?? You can do camping and a package, you can add a dining plan if you would like. And the FP window is 60 days, just passed ours and managed Flight of Passage on a later day in our trip.

You need to buy the tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience account(s). You can only make FP+ reservations for the number of days your linked tickets are for. If you don't have any tickets linked, that number is zero. Touringplans has a ticket finder to save you the most money.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator-disney-world-ticket-discounts

Okay, we will get our tickets purchased ASAP! I tried to use Touring Plans, but it seems they only have multi-day options. We are only wanting to go to MNSSHP and one day at Epcot for F&W. Kinda why we have been postponing purchasing tickets.

Yes you need to buy tickets as Cosmic stated to make your FP's. If you usually do a package, why not this time, if I may ask ?? You can do camping and a package, you can add a dining plan if you would like. And the FP window is 60 days, just passed ours and managed Flight of Passage on a later day in our trip.

We aren't doing a package because this is supposed to be Disney on a budget. We just bought a house in May and we weren't planning on going to Disney at all this year. We decided to try out camping, and then decided on 3 nights with only MNSSHP on Monday, and then Epcot on Wednesday. Tuesday will be spent exploring the Fort and hanging out by the pool. We are trying to be as relaxed as possible this trip as well. So we opted not to do a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter