*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

2nd party date 10/2. Staying @ VWL beginning 9/29 before heading over to RPH, RIP’ing @ HHN on 10/5

Special trip planned for my son’s 5th Birthday 10/23-10/29. It will be just the two of us staying at POP for the first time:-)

I'm going to be there 10/18-10/21, staying at Pop Century. One of my best friends from my College Program is from New Zealand but will be in Orlando that weekend so we are going to do Disney to get to see each other again

Solo traveler here looking for Park or Dinner buddies. Anyone doing the party on Sunday, the 14th?

Made my fast pass selections today. I wasn’t online at 7 because I didn’t think my fast passes would open. I have an agency exclusive package and my tickets are in my Oct 1 reservation. Still got Slinky Dog at 5pm on my 3rd Park day and FOP for 3pm on my 2nd Park day. 60 days to go!!!

Made my fast pass selections today. I wasn’t online at 7 because I didn’t think my fast passes would open. I have an agency exclusive package and my tickets are in my Oct 1 reservation. Still got Slinky Dog at 5pm on my 3rd Park day and FOP for 3pm on my 2nd Park day. 60 days to go!!!

its 7 AM EST correct? Mine is next week and unfortunately have a split stay so I have to do it a couple different days but like that you were able to get FOP for 2nd park day as I plan to be there that days also. I have my alarm set for 4 AM those days lol

its 7 AM EST correct? Mine is next week and unfortunately have a split stay so I have to do it a couple different days but like that you were able to get FOP for 2nd park day as I plan to be there that days also. I have my alarm set for 4 AM those days lol

Unfortunately, yes. I've gotta wake up at 5:45 am this Saturday just so I can try to get FOP on our arrival day :(

Yes 7 AM eastern. For the first week of October Slinky Dog Coaster is harder to get that FOP. I would plan for Slinky Dog coaster as late as you can in the week and try for that Fast Pass First.

To clarity I changed my reservations so I have 9/29-10-1 at POR and 10/1-10/6 at Pop. I have no valid tickets for my 9/29 stay but it still opened the window for booking. The earliest I saw availability for Slink Dog would be 60+4 (with day 60 being 9/29). It was not available on 60+3. FOP was available on 60+3 with lots of afternoon times. I bet it was available on 60+2 as well, but I didn't check.

Last edited:
Yes 7 AM eastern. For the first week of October Slinky Dog Coaster is harder to get that FOP. I would plan for Slinky Dog coastal as late as you can in the week and try for that Fast Pass First.

To clarity I changed my reservations so I have 9/29-10-1 at POR and 10/1-10/6 at Pop. I have no valid tickets for my 9/29 stay but it still opened the window for booking. The earliest I saw availability for Slink Dog would be 60+4 (with day 60 being 9/29). It was not available on 60+3. FOP was available on 60+3 with lots of afternoon times. I bet it was available on 60+2 as well, but I didn't check.

Thank you for the information. Honestly if I can't get slinky dog I won't be heartbroken but I want FOP as many times as I can get it.

Thank you for the information. Honestly if I can't get slinky dog I won't be heartbroken but I want FOP as many times as I can get it.
We did slinky before park close. We waited 50-60 minutes and it was still fun. It was really cool to ride at night

We did slinky before park close. We waited 50-60 minutes and it was still fun. It was really cool to ride at night

I would like to ride it if I can I just don't know if I want to use a FP on it because I love RnRC much more.

I really hope we can get Slinky on our 6th day.....that is my son's one request for our trip. I am not thinking we will be able to get FOP since we will go to Animal Kingdom on day 2 of our trip. Technically it will be our first park day but Disney doesn't know what days we are going to the parks within our package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!