*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

We will be there October 16-22! It has been 6+ years since our last trip to WDW, and it will be 2 of our kids' first Disney trip ever! We are renting DVC points to stay at the Bay Lake Tower in a theme park view room :rainbow:. We have been saving for this for YEARS and we are soooo excited!!!

Our DME luggage tags came. Do they normally send them this far in advance? I put them in our safe because otherwise I know I will loose them. Excited to get Mickey Mail!

So happy to join this thread! We are going for a birthday/anniversary trip 10/10-10/14 and staying at the Polynesian. First time staying at Poly and first MNSSHP. Third trip in 17 months so it’s a short one, but hopefully a high quality one!

What is weather normally like in mid-October? I know crowds were crazy last year but for those who often go in October, is that typical?

Last edited:
Joining!
Oct 2-6 Six of my BFFs from high school and I will be staying at Boardwalk.
Oct 6-10 Hubby will join me at Boardwalk (friends are going home).

It's our first time staying at the Boardwalk Villas and we're excited to be close to Epcot for Food and Wine!

Our DME luggage tags came. Do they normally send them this far in advance? I put them in our safe because otherwise I know I will loose them. Excited to get Mickey Mail!
That is really far in advance, I would double check the dates are correct. If they are, then it is probably a glitch, and I wouldn't worry about it.

I can see hours through Oct 4th on MDE.

For now, historical hours would give you a pretty good idea. They may adjust hours in mid-September so it won't matter too much unless you plan on a lot of PPO or late evening ADRs.

Ok thanks guys :)

Looks like I'm going to need to do a bit more "homework" with historical hours.

On our last trip in 2016 I remember downloading a schedule chart ( from travel agents info ) of park hours and timings. Do they not do this anymore?

Soooo....i wake up this morning at 4:45a.m. to book Cinderella Royal Table for October 1st (today is 180 days) and to my surprise there is absolutely nothing available for dinner. I've been going every year for the last 5 years and it seems harder every year to get a reservation at 180 days. I always end up finding a table (with much work) closer to the date but I just don't get it since this is prepaid. Are people actually paying for more than 1 reservation during their stay to then decide which night to pick?

We're joining the party!! We are officially booked for October 5-9 at POP century!! It's going to be me, my Nanny (my god mother) @claudiaken , my DS (11), and DD (8). We are so excited!!!

We are coming the 13-20! Right now we are offsite unless some less expensive room options open up at POR. It’s my fiancé’s first time, though my kids and I are regulars. We can’t wait to show him the World!

Soooo....i wake up this morning at 4:45a.m. to book Cinderella Royal Table for October 1st (today is 180 days) and to my surprise there is absolutely nothing available for dinner. I've been going every year for the last 5 years and it seems harder every year to get a reservation at 180 days. I always end up finding a table (with much work) closer to the date but I just don't get it since this is prepaid. Are people actually paying for more than 1 reservation during their stay to then decide which night to pick?

Looking at your dates- it may be because of MNSSHP- Like last year for Christmas-on party nights- they only offered dinner under the party ticket event.

Made my ADRs this week, only two so that we can really enjoy F&W. SO excited for brunch at California Gril, and BOG lunch is a must for us each trip.

I booked my ADRs for the first 10 days yesterday, and today our dinner at California Grill. It’s finally beginning to feel real, now that I’m doing something other than entering credit card information into various websites!

I'm heading down with a friend for a few days - October 23-26 staying at the Contemporary! It will be my first time leaving my kids, so this is a big deal! :laughing: We are going to do MNSSHP which I haven't done in forever and I'm really looking forward to it. My friend and I are trying to decide on costumes now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter