*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

We're going to be there the same time and making ADRs was a trying process. I kept getting error messages when trying to confirm the ADRs. We got them done and although we didn't get Storybook dining, we did manage to get a GG and BOG PPO. Good luck everyone starting your ADRs!
Oh good, at least GG isnt a lost cause!! Reservation finders are already set for it. We took Akershus PPO instead (we've never eaten there), but we loved the food at GG and hopping right onto Soarin! We are doing breakfast at Crystal Palace (never tried it) and Cinderella's at MK, but I did see plenty of availability for BOG breakfast.

I am so excited to say we're all booked for October 2nd to the 7th at the Contemporary. We are doing three Halloween parties on the 3rd, 4th and 6th and an Epcot day on the 5th (yum! yum! drink! drink!). Just finished up making our ADRs and will be doing some firsts for us - Kona Cafe and California Grill Brunch! Also booked a Halloween Dessert Party and Illuminations Dinner Package (not sure which Fireworks we'll see - I assume the "interim" version?) but that's fine with us. I've read about all the problems with ADRs and found that if you choose an actual time vs. selecting "dinner" or "lunch" I'd sometimes get more options to choose from. Refresh seemed to help, too. I wanted to share, in case it can help someone! So excited for everyone going in October! :hmghost:

I'm getting anxious for ADR's!! I wish park hours would come out as well. Between trying to plan around SWGE and F&W with no park hours and very specific restaurants we want, I'm going crazy!! :crazy2::crazy2: :upsidedow
Frustrating to say the least.

I feel as though Disney does a great job of piecing together a complicated puzzle of logistics from their end, but is not very consistent with getting the information out in decent time for their customers to make informed decisions. We can't work on the puzzle from our side if we don't have a clue what it looks like.

We've decided on our MNSSHP costumes, yay! Me: Orange Bird(-inspired), DD: Sally

How is everyone doing getting ready for dining reservations to open up?

I've got 3 places we'd like to eat over the week, sticking to F&W kiosks and resort/dvc kitchen dining for most of the rest. I'm still not sure which parks we will be in on which days as Disney has yet to release the park hours for October.

We have a couple of weeks yet before our window opens up. I am only hoping to snag a PPO Tusker House breakfast for AK.

MAYBE
a MK ADR for the party night but not sure yet... seems like a waste of time when we could be out enjoying the park and snacking on party treats instead. We could do a lunch somewhere outside of the park... but where?

We've decided on our MNSSHP costumes, yay! Me: Orange Bird(-inspired), DD: Sally

We have a couple of weeks yet before our window opens up. I am only hoping to snag a PPO Tusker House breakfast for AK.

MAYBE
a MK ADR for the party night but not sure yet... seems like a waste of time when we could be out enjoying the park and snacking on party treats instead. We could do a lunch somewhere outside of the park... but where?

I favor a good lunch outside the park prior to spending all evening inside. Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) is a treat as is Trail's End (Fort Wilderness) and both are a wonderful boat ride back to the MK. Or, there are a number of places on the monorail loop. The Polynesian is always a win for us.

I favor a good lunch outside the park prior to spending all evening inside. Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge) is a treat as is Trail's End (Fort Wilderness) and both are a wonderful boat ride back to the MK. Or, there are a number of places on the monorail loop. The Polynesian is always a win for us.

Whispering Canyon Cafe or Trail's End are great ideas! We have done 'Ohana several times, stayed at Poly last summer, so looking for something new that she'd also enjoy. Maybe I could woo her into thinking about WL for a future trip too. :laughing:

I hate that we have to book dining before FP. Because it is a second wish granted to my daughter (since she already had MAW)---her ONE wish/ride to go on is Slinky Dog Dash. My fingers and toes are all crossed for a FP. I just don't want to book dining now and then have to rearrange ALL the restaurants due to the one ride.

Hi! We are going 10/5-10/12 at BCV. Our ADR day is tomorrow and it’s so frustrating to feel like I only have half the info! I’m not sure how to plan for HS...will we get a SDD FP, will there be fast passes for MMRR, schedule for the new world of animation show and of course darn galaxy’s edge maybe making the whole place too crowded to even bother??

We’re at 181 days! Or as DH has named it ADR eve ha ha

Even though we’re there for two weeks I’m still panicking about how we’re going to fit it all in and the wait for the park opening hours is driving me nuts. :rotfl:

Also for our MNSSHP costumes we’re still debating on a theme. I want to re-use my Ariel costume but there are talks about all 4 of us coordinating :confused3

Hi! We are going 10/5-10/12 at BCV. Our ADR day is tomorrow and it’s so frustrating to feel like I only have half the info! I’m not sure how to plan for HS...will we get a SDD FP, will there be fast passes for MMRR, schedule for the new world of animation show and of course darn galaxy’s edge maybe making the whole place too crowded to even bother??

I agree!! Right now I have our first day (a Saturday) planned for HS since we'll only be getting to the park by 3pm hopefully. I know it will be crowded but I have my fingers crossed it won't be too ridiculous. And I hate that I'll have to book our FP a month before SW even opens, so if we do decide to switch to a different park and avoid HS altogether we'll lose those FP.

My nephew is taking his DD(4) for first time and they are looking at October. I looked a bit through thread but didn’t see answer to my question.

Can someone tell me week the New Jersey kids are off? I thought it was October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter