**Official DLR October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!**

katyringo

DIS Veteran
10/1-10/3:
Hello All,

Welcome to the new Official October 2020 Check In Thread 2.0!!! Follow this thread for all October info!

Things to keep in mind: This thread is different than the Oogie Boogie Bash/Halloween thread. We can post some something here, but check out that thread: Click Here

Below is the list from the original thread. Please let me know if you're not on it and want to be added or if anything has changed!

10/1-10/3: DontSpamMe-PP
10/3-10/11: Beck & the Beast - Camelot Inn
10/4-10/7: MikeRx - VGC
10/6-10/8: nikerbokers - VGC
10/6-10/10: ambula603 - DLH
10/6-10/11 Winnowill
10/8-10/9: jotemo87 - Anaheim Maingate Inn
10/8-10/11: Ladyslug - Courtyard Marriott Themepark Entrance
10/9-10/16: kirstyfly
10/9/10/14: Freya424 PP
10/10-10/11: hjgaus - VGC
10/11: nerak: Adventures by Disney
10/12-10/19: silvaohana808- DI&S or DP
10/14-10/21: Tulles- DLH, PPH, GCH
10/15-10/19: Canadian Harmony- Clarion
10/16-10/19 TinkerbellTreasure:- at Anaheim Maingate inn
10/16-10/19- abent
10/18-10/23: pennym - Homewood Suites
10/18-1025 AndrewC DLH
10/19-10/23: Carolwoodpr
10/19-10/23: CalSea12 - Red Lion
10/20-10/27: katyringo - Desert inn and suites
10/22-10/25: sharksfinatic17 - BWPPI
10/23-11/4: Cedric Rose - BWPPI
Oct 24-31: Mouse13
10/27-11/2: Venoma
10/28-11/3: Idle
10/29-11/3: Ksims616 DLH
10/29-11/3: scunnin3 - DLH or DVC?
10/30-11/1: Corpsebride-GCH
10/31-11/4: ticdoula - DI&S

Last edited:
Holidays, Conventions, and Fall Breaks for October 2020:
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
Monday, October 12: Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day -- this 3 day weekend is usually very busy at DLR!
Saturday, October 31: Halloween -- expect this OBB to sell out FAST! If you are planning to attend the party on this day, be prepared to purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. And remember that OBB tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale! So be sure about your party date and the number of tickets you want.
Gay Days Convention (unofficial): October 2-4, 2020 -- a very large convention that happens the first weekend in October every year. The OBB for that weekend always sells out. UPDATE (9/16/20): Gay Days POSTPONED, New Date TBA

There are quite a few Fall Breaks that affect crowds at DLR. If your Fall Break isn't listed, please post!
October 2020 -- UPDATE: Many universities and schools have cancelled their Fall Breaks. Check to see if your dates will have any school breaks coinciding or not.

• Oct 5-9: Fall Break for Mesa (AZ), Washoe County (NV), Reno/Sparks (NV)
  • Oct 15-18: Fall Break for Granite (UT)
  • Oct 15-19: Fall Break for Alpine and Jordan (UT)
  • Oct 30: Nevada Day
  • As of 6/05/20, ASU & other schools have cancelled their Fall Break, 10/12-13.
DLR Update 5/05/20:
A Message about Disney Parks from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES!

Last edited by a moderator:

My Family and I, (Me, DH, DS(8) and DD(4)) will be flying into San Diego October 20th and staying 1 night on the ocean in Carlsbad. We are staying at Best Western Beach Lodge Resort. It gets really good reviews. Then we will be staying 1 night at LEGOLAND Hotel. I am super excited about that. Its something we've wanted to and my son has watched so many YouTube videos about.. And he will be 8 when we go and my daughter 4 so I think perfect ages for Legoland. The 22nd we will do LEGOLAND and then drive to Anaheim! We are planning on 3 park hopper days and an oogie boogie bash day!! With all this COVID-19 stuff going on it feels good to look forward to this trip. We had to cancel a family getaway we had planned for Easter weekend to great wolf lodge for the kids.

A couple of things I am really looking forward to for this trip:
My kids birthdays are early September so we will be giving them this trip for their birthdays. Since our trip in July, where my daughter was not a baby anymore they ask all the time when we can go back.
My daughter is old enough for BBB and she is princess obsessed so we are gonna go all out. Going to do one of the higher packages at BBB and a mommy and me date for princess breakfast.
My son and star wars land. I am super excited for Rise of the resistance, but I am so excited to see him on this ride.
Halloween! We've never been during Halloween so I'm excited for all of it!
We are hoping the new parade is still going in October.
Avengers campus!

Hey guys our first family trip is cancelled for October. American Airlines who we were flying with has cancelled our flights, they are no longer flying daily from Auckland to Los Angeles till Oct 25th.

We could have bought Air New Zealand tickets as they are still available for our our dates but they are $1600 more and who knows if they will be flying nearer the time. It is hard to know what is going on with covid-19 and overseas travel.

We will look at coming next October .

Can I still join the thread if I am planning on traveling via an ABD trip? I plan on/hope to do the Oct 11th ABD Southern Cali trip, I just need to make the deposit. This will be a very delayed 40th birthday trip. My birthday was in January and I had a Mediterranean cruise booked w/NCL for April 9th (today, actually!) as a belated bday present/trip. Still waiting for my refund from the cruise line but I just recently got my money back from the airline so will use that for the deposit but I'm still feeling the sting of my current cancelled trip (and also a few events, and two side trips that were also cancelled in may/june) so I'm a bit apprehensive. But anyway, I've only been to Cali and Disneyland once, back when I was 12 so obviously a lot has changed since 1992! :earboy2:

Feel free to add us to the list. My friend and I's trip in March to DLR was cancelled and my wife and I's trip to WDW next week is also canned...so my wife and I are hoping for an October Halloween trip (10/28 - 11/03) sort of split with a stay at Aulani immediately following (we'll need the R&R after the hustle and bustle of 5 day hoppers!). Hope to do at least one Halloween party on the 31st at least. Haven't experienced it at DCA yet!

I think I have everyone added so far! I will apologize if I go a few days without posting here. I promise I am following updates and will come update! Right now with all the COVID stuff I have to take some mental health breaks from Disney when needed because I get kinda sad about all the unkowns for the park.

Please add me to the list of fun! A friend and I are coming in on Oct. 16-19th for some Halloween fun! We have an additional trip planned in December, since we had so much fun last year!

I soooo want to book for fall break! We 😍 HalloweenTime at DLR! We went to MNSSHP at WDW last year and I can confirm what I already knew. DLR owns Halloween! DS13 and I were booked on a DCL for fall break but we cancelled for various reasons. So we got our deposit back and I still have about $1,000 on a Disney gift card that we can now use on something else. All four of us can go to DLR now! But still holding off for various reasons. Looking at pricing now and just dreaming....🎃:maleficen

Still nervous it won’t happen, but we relocated our June trip to Oct 9-14 at Paradise Pier

We rebooked our April trip to October 29-November 3. Celebrating our daughters Sweet 16 at the Disneyland Hotel! So bummed we couldn’t be there right now, but so excited to take my dad to see all the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff- a bond he shares with our teens!

I soooo want to book for fall break! We 😍 HalloweenTime at DLR! We went to MNSSHP at WDW last year and I can confirm what I already knew. DLR owns Halloween! DS13 and I were booked on a DCL for fall break but we cancelled for various reasons. So we got our deposit back and I still have about $1,000 on a Disney gift card that we can now use on something else. All four of us can go to DLR now! But still holding off for various reasons. Looking at pricing now and just dreaming....🎃:maleficen

I hope you find something that will work for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!