Official October 2020 Thread!

I’m planning to do a quick trip October 26-30, assuming I can get my planned LASIK done before then (because mask outdoors+glasses=me walking into walls 😆😆😆)

I had lasik back in April 2019 - one thing they did a poor job of was outlining the recovery timeline. I was told I could go back to work the next day, so I didn't really stop and think about it. I did take the next day off "just in case" and I was so glad I did!! I needed the whole long weekend (surgery was on a Thursday afternoon) and certainly would not have felt safe driving to work and home again. I am not sure when you're having your surgery, but the first couple of weeks were more involved than I had thought. I was using saline constantly which I was expecting in addition to the medicine prescribed (I still have dry eye a year later) but it was also just randomly blurry and my eyes were pretty sore for the first couple weeks. You aren't supposed to exert yourself or swim for two weeks, and at night you will wear a guard over your eyes which might interfere with your sleep as they are clunky and make it hard to sleep on your side. :cool2: There were also a ton of followup appointments to make sure my eyes were healing properly. The more time you can get between surgery and a trip the better, for sure!I had the option of doing it prior to a trip but decided to wait until I got home - I then had another four months before getting on another plane.

YMMV, but I am indeed more sensitive to sunlight and the masks still blow air up towards your eyes. Your glasses may not fog but sunglasses still do, and it DEFINITELY makes my dry eye worse having all that breath go up there. Pack lots and lots of preservative free drops - more than are reasonable. I also still slam down fish oil like it is going out of style as I do feel like it helps keep them lubricated a bit, but its only recommended for the first six months or so. Good luck, its still so nice to not bother with contacts and be able to just SEE when I wake up!!

I had lasik back in April 2019 - one thing they did a poor job of was outlining the recovery timeline. I was told I could go back to work the next day, so I didn't really stop and think about it. I did take the next day off "just in case" and I was so glad I did!! I needed the whole long weekend (surgery was on a Thursday afternoon) and certainly would not have felt safe driving to work and home again. I am not sure when you're having your surgery, but the first couple of weeks were more involved than I had thought. I was using saline constantly which I was expecting in addition to the medicine prescribed (I still have dry eye a year later) but it was also just randomly blurry and my eyes were pretty sore for the first couple weeks. You aren't supposed to exert yourself or swim for two weeks, and at night you will wear a guard over your eyes which might interfere with your sleep as they are clunky and make it hard to sleep on your side. :cool2: There were also a ton of followup appointments to make sure my eyes were healing properly. The more time you can get between surgery and a trip the better, for sure!I had the option of doing it prior to a trip but decided to wait until I got home - I then had another four months before getting on another plane.

YMMV, but I am indeed more sensitive to sunlight and the masks still blow air up towards your eyes. Your glasses may not fog but sunglasses still do, and it DEFINITELY makes my dry eye worse having all that breath go up there. Pack lots and lots of preservative free drops - more than are reasonable. I also still slam down fish oil like it is going out of style as I do feel like it helps keep them lubricated a bit, but its only recommended for the first six months or so. Good luck, its still so nice to not bother with contacts and be able to just SEE when I wake up!!
Thanks for all this info!!

This was similar to my DH experience, I would plan it in the cloudy or stay inside month. Even though he could drive pretty quick he was (and for awhile) was super sensitive to bright sun. If you are worried about foggy glasses go to the sporting goods section and buy anti fog. It's what you put on your snow goggles to keep them from fogging up.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EK-Cat-C...9XRljfythlQi8yhhY_m6NlXeB1uiEYfBoCbaIQAvD_BwE

I get to join on here! We'll be staying at Coronado Springs Oct. 29- Nov. 1. It's been a few years since we've stayed on property and I'm wondering if I'd like to request to have a room as close as possible to the main building but have to do online check in how can I make this request?

I get to join on here! We'll be staying at Coronado Springs Oct. 29- Nov. 1. It's been a few years since we've stayed on property and I'm wondering if I'd like to request to have a room as close as possible to the main building but have to do online check in how can I make this request?
What type of room did you book? I am in a standard room and one of the choices on the online check-in is a request for the Cabanas area. That puts you close to the main building and the main pool.

Thank you for this information. We needed to know this. We are also staying at CSR but haven't stayed there since 2011.

What type of room did you book? I am in a standard room and one of the choices on the online check-in is a request for the Cabanas area. That puts you close to the main building and the main pool.
We chose a standard room also, I didn’t realize we had options on the online check in, that’s perfect, thanks.

I'm thrilled to say that I HAVE BOOKED A TRIP FOR OCTOBER!!! DH and I had some 2018 Sept UY pts that were finally extended until Nov 30th so we booked a room at the VGF from Oct 18-23rd!!

We have stayed at GF before but not the villas so we're stoked!! We bought APs for our June trip that was cancelled this summer so we've never activated them and they're burning a hole in my pocket!

We have usually previously visited during June (for the kids) and they're now 21 and 18 and not joining us! I'm excited to have it be a little cooler than June (fingers crossed) and mostly I'm ready to get out of the house - I've been working from home since March 12th!

thanks for letting me join your group!!

Disbey released some additional Halloween info including some additional character calvacades and dapper (cadaver) dans returning. Who is going to try for dinning reservations tomorrow for minnies holiday dine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter