Official October 2020 Thread!

I'm so flipping excited I don't know what to do. DH just said we can go to Disney for our October vacay. We were supposed to go to Coco Beach the 1st weekend in November for a Softball tourny. I was going to sneak in a day or two at Disney.

So today we're both working from home and we're eating lunch. He tells me his team decided not to attend the tourny. Awww man!! However, we still need to vacation and we had some friends who stayed at Secrets AI in Cancun. I've been researching it and it's on my radar. But I've been going on and on about how prices have dropped for on site stays at Disney.

DH: This isn't going to happen where prices are this low and the parks will be manageable. Just book Disney.
Me: WHAT!?!?!? Are you serious?
DH: Yes, just book it.
Me: OK, babe now you know if I book it we can't change our minds because we're purchasing an already booked DVC booking.
DH: OK, just book it. I'm not going to say anything else.
Me: OK!?!?!

OMG, I'm about to lose my mind and the crazy thing is I sent in a booking request before lunch just goofing around. I just checked my email and we got OKW. BAM!!! I'm super excited. We have tons of AA credits from our cancelled Hawaii trip so airfare, DONE! I just need to rent a car. But I had to come and express my excitement to my DIS fam because my friends and family think I'm wacko for going to Disney as an adult. LOL!! But ya'll UNDERSTAND!! 38 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!:cheer2::cool1::banana:

Taking advantage of the new room discounts and book a quick long weekend trip. We were supposed to do a big week trip leaving tomorrow for my 40th & my nephews 16th birthdays but we canceled it. Then the discount came out so my cousin & I are going down for a quick mini trip. We will be staying at Pop Oct 17 - 20 just doing 2 parks. We are going to do MK on Sunday and DHS on Monday. Now off to read all about Disney post covid because I haven't really followed along. :)

How are you all feeling about the increased crowds now? I know they are still lower than normal but they aren’t ghost town either. It’s not about Covid, it’s about the amount of $$ we are spending for expirence. At least at universal we have purchased the express pass.. but not fast passes at Disneyworld... idk. Wait times we higher today then I think they have been on a weekday.

How are you all feeling about the increased crowds now? I know they are still lower than normal but they aren’t ghost town either. It’s not about Covid, it’s about the amount of $$ we are spending for expirence. At least at universal we have purchased the express pass.. but not fast passes at Disneyworld... idk. Wait times we higher today then I think they have been on a weekday.
For me it IS all about Covid. I have an AP that has now been extended until early March. I will be fine just spending a few hours a day in a park. I go back and forth on a regular basis about whether we should go. DH is 66, I have asthma, and we both have high blood pressure, so are higher risk. I have a non-refundable DVC rental in Oct, but may just not go if virus cases spike before Oct 16.

I just paid the final payment for our mid-October trip and we're starting to get really excited about going. My neighbors went a few weeks ago and I've had one other friend go and come back in the last week - all of them had great things to say, and made me feel much more at ease about keeping the reservation. I have family in Rockledge, too, and while my brother was trying to discourage me from coming down just a few weeks ago he's eased up on that now. We're also stuck at home for the foreseeable future when we get back - my daughter is doing remote learning through the first semester and my work has said they don't want non-essential personnel (of which I am one) back on-site until at least January. We'll have no trouble sequestering ourselves.

Very worried. It doesn't matter if there is low traffic in the walkway, if all the rides have 60 minute waits. That's a mess.

I'm a little concerned as well. I haven't purchased my park tickets yet. I don't know why. SMH! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make this a resort only visit and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinners at OKW and Disney Springs. Or if I'm going to take the plunge and go to the parks. And I'm laughing at myself because now I understand just resort visits when for years I didn't "get" just resort people. LOL! Like momma always said, "Never say never". LOL!! I'm 90% sure we'll go to the parks. Heck, I'm the cruiser who had a day stop at Coco Beach and paid out the wazoo to go to Disney for the day thru the cruise line. LOL!!

My plans including parks are below. Let me know your thoughts. I found dinner or lunches for everyday because last year when we went to DS for dinner/lunch we couldn't get in anywhere without a 2+ hour wait. So I said if nothing else we will have some place to eat every day. LOL! And I'm also aware OKW, Olivia's cafe is supposed to be pretty tasty. So I'm sure we'll dine there as well.

10/17 Saturday: late afternoon arrival day to OKW, dinner at Maria & Enzos
Sunday: AK, dinner Edison
Monday: Epcot, dinner Ragland Road (I couldn't find time anywhere else. After eating through the world we might cancel this reservation.)
Tuesday: MK, Dinner Morimoto Asia
Wednesday: DHS, Dinner Boathouse
Thursday: Free day probably AK AM to ride FOP just one more time. Late lunch Wine Bar George
Friday: Free day, early lunch 11am Chef Art Smith, close the day out by visiting MK one last time to see the castle and walk Main street.
Saturday: Departure day

This is a trip that we didn't expect to happen. So we're going in with a we're just grateful we're here attitude. We're going to go with the flow, sleep in if we want to, skip a park if we want to, don't allow the lines or crowds to get us upset, instead we'll go for a snack, swim, nap or shop. At first we had high expectations, now we're just like it is what it is.

Happy trip planning to everyone!

With the reduced hours and now longer wait times I would not consider going with regular tickets. We purchased AP’s back before the price increase and will activate them on our trip in Oct. so I feel we will still get our $ out of them. Also, knowing we will be back a couple more times in the next year allows us to skip rides with really long wait times. At this point we just need a vacation and are really excited about our trip 10/4-10/8!! :)

Just checked the availability calendar and DHS for October 9, 12, 13, 15 and 16 is not available.

Just checked the availability calendar and DHS for October 9, 12, 13, 15 and 16 is not available.
It's really busy month.. I noticed AP every weekend is full except Epcot. The other yellow is all HS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-221358_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-221358_Samsung Internet.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20200915-221402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-221402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200915-223200_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-223200_Samsung Internet.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!