Official October 2020 Thread!

@Disneyfan754321

As I stated in my post, only APs are
lacking availability. If you switch groups almost every day is green in October except 8-17 and only Hollywood Studios is unavailable. It may or may not be busy but right now it is wide open when considering all three groups.

DH and I will be there in 20 days! I originally had us booked for Oct 18th-23rd which I thought would be a perfect week and then DH came back and said he had to work that week and we bumped it up to Oct 12-17th - and think that's going to be a CROWDED week....

argh..

BUT I do have most of our dining booked - still trying to tweak a few times and I've told DH that this will be a more "relaxed" trip since we won't have any kids and (hopefully) it won't be regular pre-COVID crowded...

(PLEASE DONT LET IT BE TOO CROWDED!!) :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

and we're staying at BLT which is new to us and I'm super excited about walking to MK!!

Cancelling our 10 day Oct 24th to Nov 3rd trip. Too many cons for us compared to pros. This was supposed to be the first trip for my 4 and 6 year old's. No character meet and greets, parades, fireworks, and 80% of the restaurants I booked are still closed. I'm looking at a possible late May/early June trip, and if not then, perhaps Halloween 2021 or Thanksgiving 2021. So sad. I had this trip so well planned out before this deadly virus happen.

28 days here. Can't wait. Now if only I could go without having to explain my whys to my direct co-worker... She's not going to be happy.

I've abandoned HS. I kept looking at wait times. I just can't justify standing in line for 90 minutes for something with a 5 year old when I cannot feed her, etc in the line. We're going to AK instead. It's my favorite park. :lovestruc. She didn't like AK the last time we went, but she's tall enough to ride FOP, EE, and it's warm enough for Kali this time. Nomad lounge...I'm coming!

My daughter and I were just there 8/29-9/3 and everything was a walkon except for a handful of rides. When we rode FOP they actually asked us as we were exiting if we wanted to ride again! Now, 3 weeks later, waits are up to 30-60 minutes for many rides. Alas, I will be returning solo for a couple of days (10/6-8) just to experience some Halloween cavalcade and snacks at MK and DHS. If I didn't have an AP, some travel funds with Southwest, and a great room discount I probably wouldn't go back so soon.I won't be riding that many rides, just hanging out.

26 days!! I’ve decided to not let the wait times get me down. Going to set 2-3 daily priorities, enjoy the alone time with my husband, eat some food. We will do some strategies to lessen our waits but I’m just gonna take it in stride. I figure it’s still better than being at work and we NEED a break from the offspring 😉.

So excited we are all getting so close...
The Governor of Florida announced that he is removing capacity restrictions soon and leaving it up to the businesses. So I am hopefull that we all get our trips in before Disney changes capacity..

Also if you are looking for cool headgear Walmart had some cute afordable ones.. not shown in pics minnie ears with sequins, flowers or a bow, yoda ears and the halloween ones. They are in the J20200925_150035.jpg20200925_150051.jpgewelry section. They are $7 / earnings are $5

Last edited:
So excited we are all getting so close...
The Governor of Florida announced that he is removing capacity restrictions soon and leaving it up to the businesses. So I am hopefull that we all get our trips in before Disney changes capacity..
This was literally my first thought! I leave in less than a week...

I'm going to watch what Disney does with the Governor's orders. If Disney drops the mask requirement then we will have to cancel our trip. :(
Us too.. Disney had a statement yesterday saying that they are not changing anything in 2020. I was worried about them adding capacity and keeping the same hours, but that would require more staff
I dont think they have the staff with out the internships. We live in Texas we are at 75% capacity it's really been business as usual just with mask.

Who has traveled in October before? Tell me about the weather? Looks hot and maybe daily pop up showers?
I need to know as well, we were just thinking about planning our outfits. We will be there the last week in October.

I need to know as well, we were just thinking about planning our outfits. We will be there the last week in October.

We leave next week. Looks like the forcast is 83/69 F and some showers. I hope it doesn't rain all day. I guess I'll pack shorts/t-shirts and one sweatshirt for cooler evenings. I just can't wait to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter