Official October 2020 Thread!

I have been in October a couple of times in the last 3 years. It is usualy warm and pleasant, I did have some rain last Oct. It is still hurricane season! It's too early to look at the weather for our dates, which start Oct 17. Besides, I am still going back and forth on whether to go at all. :crazy2: It is a very hard decision for us.

Who has traveled in October before? Tell me about the weather? Looks hot and maybe daily pop up showers?
We have been to WDW the first and second weeks of October when it has been very hot and rainy. And we have been there the last week of October when we hit a cold snap and wore a light jacket. We have had much nicer weather at the end of October than at the beginning of the month. :)

Gov DeSantis completely opening up the state was the nail in the coffin for our trip. I know Disney is not easing, but the idea of being in Florida right now does not appeal. Probably too late to get our rental picked up by someone else through David's, but our health is more important at this time than the money I'm losing.

Gov DeSantis completely opening up the state was the nail in the coffin for our trip. I know Disney is not easing, but the idea of being in Florida right now does not appeal. Probably too late to get our rental picked up by someone else through David's, but our health is more important at this time than the money I'm losing.
You never know.. you might be able to get some..
I really could not believe that he did that.
Yesterday I was reading bad reviews on Disney and people that were upset about the mask policy, if it was not for the mask policy we would not be going anywhere near Disney.

I'm not sure how much longer you have, but ours was taken only 11 days before the check in date. I hemmed and hawed about it too, but in the end figured I lost nothing in trying and it worked out for us. Fingers crossed for you too!

11 days!!! Super excited, since like others, this is the "year of cancellations"! We had a family trip in June cancelled, then a kid-free trip booked for Aug cancelled and *fingers crossed* this one in Oct is a GO 4 GO! DH keeps throwing around "maybe we should cancel" under his breath and I finally had to tell him to "stop" - I work remotely from home now full time and need OUT of this house!!

Only 25 days left! I’m pretty much ok with the limited experiences, since I was just there in January and saw every park‘s fireworks/evening show then. I do wish they’d open some more shows to eat the crowds and give us something stationary to do for a bit

We leave Sunday. I’ve never been tweaking a plan this late in the game, but I changed one of our park days yesterday. 😱. Cannot wait to be there. Praying everyone stays safe from COVID-19! Check your mask and sanitizer supply!

We leave this weekend. For those going within the next week, do you think we're going to have tons of rain? The forecast looks a little concerning. I mean, I know it's Florida, and rain is to be expected, but I'm hoping the rain will be short-lived each day. For those who know Orlando really well, especially residents, what do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts