Official October 2020 Thread!

Please dont forget about us and give us update on how it's going:) have fun
We got In line for the skyliner from pop century about 7:45 and then on the gondola at 8:50 we got to Caribbean beach and got in line for the Hollywood studios gondola. they merged the pop century, Caribbean beach and Riviera people together that took about 20 minutes to get on the HS line. If I had known I would have gotten on a bus at CB because when we got to Hollywood studios we got off and had to go to the back of the line to get into HS which was way at the end of the bus lanes... so we would a saved a bit of a walk if we had taken the bus instead of the gondola. we got in at 9:30 and headed to Minnie and Mickey. We missed the 10 o'clock ride of the resistance because we were in Minnie and Mickey's. we were in line at Minnie and mickey for about 35 minutes when the standby line said a 100 minutes. At 2 o'clock we got boarding group 71 we got on the ride at 3:33 got off a 1/2 hour later. We ate dinner at Brown Derby which smelled like fish inside, eewww. There were very few photo pass photags around. I asked about it and one of them said it was because of the layoffs that Disney made, that some of those were photo pass. someone else said there were more photo pass photogs at MK. We only saw 1 cavalcade. I would like to have seen more but we were not in the right place at the right time. I also noticed that several of the hand sanitizer stations were empty so bring your own.

We got In line for the skyliner from pop century about 7:45 and then on the gondola at 8:50 we got to Caribbean beach and got in line for the Hollywood studios gondola. they merged the pop century, Caribbean beach and Riviera people together that took about 20 minutes to get on the HS line. If I had known I would have gotten on a bus at CB because when we got to Hollywood studios we got off and had to go to the back of the line to get into HS which was way at the end of the bus lanes... so we would a saved a bit of a walk if we had taken the bus instead of the gondola. we got in at 9:30 and headed to Minnie and Mickey. We missed the 10 o'clock ride of the resistance because we were in Minnie and Mickey's. we were in line at Minnie and mickey for about 35 minutes when the standby line said a 100 minutes. At 2 o'clock we got boarding group 71 we got on the ride at 3:33 got off a 1/2 hour later. We ate dinner at Brown Derby which smelled like fish inside, eewww. There were very few photo pass photags around. I asked about it and one of them said it was because of the layoffs that Disney made, that some of those were photo pass. someone else said there were more photo pass photogs at MK. We only saw 1 cavalcade. I would like to have seen more but we were not in the right place at the right time. I also noticed that several of the hand sanitizer stations were empty so bring your own.

Do they run busses from CB when the Skyliner is running? I don’t think Pop does...

You
You gave me hope in that we can actually get a BP this time, my family was heartbroken last march.

Well, October friends, it’s official... there’s no way FL will come off the NY quarantine list this week, so our girls trip that was supposed to start Thursday has been moved to January. Waaaaah! Sis and I still are coming with our hubbies in November for our dual anniversary trip and we can all quarantine, but I feel so badly for sis-in-law and niece that they have to wait even longer to get back to our happy place.

Have fun and be safe, everyone! ❤️

I am not going to act like this bothers me because it doesn't but boy does it send the wrong message and just look so lazy and disorganized.
There were also little portable water and soap hand washing stations around and not all all them were in working condition. At MK yesterday I noticed a many photo pass photogs stop in mid photo sessions to go tell other people to put on their masks while taking pictures. I saw probably 99.8% mask compliance this weekend which made me feel good. With many people using hand sanitizer all the time, Disney world has got to be the cleanest place on earth.

We had dinner ressie at LTT last night but they used the dining room at diamond horseshoe for social distance. I should have asked to eat in LTT as I have never eaten there before. Menu was the same tho.....amazing.

ONE WEEK, that is 7 whole days and we'll be BACK!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

In fact, as I type this, we'll be taking our crazy non-direct flight from RDU to BWI and then down to MCO...:headache:

BUT we'll be on our way in the air to BWI right now and then a quick (I mean, fast) run to our next flight and then back down to MCO!!!

hopefully we'll get in a solid half-day @ Epcot since they increased the park hours to 9pm since Monday is a holiday....

We have dinner at Via Napoli and I'm hoping we're done early enough to get on (a 2nd or 3rd ride of)Test Track ride and a Spaceship Earth ride in on the way out!

Cant wait!!!

We'll be at WDW in three weeks as long as Disney is still requiring masks. :)

We had dinner ressie at LTT last night but they used the dining room at diamond horseshoe for social distance. I should have asked to eat in LTT as I have never eaten there before. Menu was the same tho.....amazing.
Thanks for the info, We have a lunch scheduled for LTT. :)
We have dinner at Via Napoli
We have a dinner reservation here on our arrival day so if you get a chance can you let us know how it went. Thanks. :)

Yes. There were buses at the skyliner ramp at CB in the busy times.
Update: this may only be a problem on weekends and first thing in the mornings. At 9:30 on Monday, there was no long lines to get into HS.

Also, I
cannot say enough about the cleanliness here... the monorail smells like a hospital, very antiseptic! Not at all like a donkey stall in a barn as one poster said in a post a while back. Lol.

CMs have been amazing! Give them some love. (Aka.. be nice and obey the rules)

Buses... seat 15 -20 people. Some drivers fill every available seat, some don't.... personal choice I guess.

Coming home today. All in all, I felt good and safe being here. FWIW.

Update: this may only be a problem on weekends and first thing in the mornings. At 9:30 on Monday, there was no long lines to get into HS.

Also, I
cannot say enough about the cleanliness here... the monorail smells like a hospital, very antiseptic! Not at all like a donkey stall in a barn as one poster said in a post a while back. Lol.

CMs have been amazing! Give them some love. (Aka.. be nice and obey the rules)

Buses... seat 15 -20 people. Some drivers fill every available seat, some don't.... personal choice I guess.

Coming home today. All in all, I felt good and safe being here. FWIW.
With this info ..
I went to look at park reservations today is the first time I did not see HS sold out..
The only week that is yellow is Columbus day week and MK for Halloween. I know the weekends turn yellow at the last minute.
Gives me hope we will get to ride ROTR if it doesnt break down.
And I flipped 2 days putting HS on Monday and MK on Sunday.. MK is open 2 hours longer on sunday so that's nice.

Last edited:
Leaving on Monday! So excited, but was hoping it would be cooler. At least low 80s. But no, I check every day and the forecast says high 80s. But I’ll be in Disney!!!!
We leave Thursday... thankfully the hurricane did not hit Florida... or any on their way.
Much better weather than July... Screenshot_20201009-092426_FOX 4 WAPP.jpg

Leaving on Monday! So excited, but was hoping it would be cooler. At least low 80s. But no, I check every day and the forecast says high 80s. But I’ll be in Disney!!!!
SAME! I wasn't prepared for hot weather, so my plan is just to take it easy each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!