Official October 2020 Thread!

We just booked our 20th anniversary trip for October 13-17th at AoA. (I want to use the Skyliner!) Our actual anniversary is August 5th, but I'm a teacher and we will be back at work. We can both take off in October, and nothing else sounds even plausible. (cruise, Mexico resort, etc)

The flights were SO cheap we just had to book. We figured if DW wasn't open, we'd find something else to do for the week.

Add us to the October rush. Going October 21-26, had to do something with our cancelled Spring Break Southwest flights and didn’t want to sit on them for years. Got an amazing deal at the Disney Springs Hilton Doubletree. Cheap rate plus no resort or parking fees, plus all those rooms are suites so a bit extra room for a family of six. Since those hotels give you 60 day FP+ and EMH, it was a no brainer. Hoping Disney prices bottom out and can get onsite but they would have to fall substantially to beat my current “virus” deal.

I am hoping 60+3 for AK and 60+4 for HS as well as checking in before the weekend crowd is enough to secure good FP but I am very worried it will be slim pickings especially when I look at the attendee list to start this thread. We can add 60+5 and go to HS until 5p on our check out day but afraid kids will melt down over late night travel without that last day being a restful one.

This has been a very quiet October 2020 thread. I wonder how many of us are just hoping that we are able to take the trip. I know that I will be following reports from people who are going before us. :)

We just cancelled our second trip since this all started. We were supposed to go July 2-10th. We have October booked and we’ll see how it goes.

Edited to add: we do have MNSSHP booked for October 8th and a HEA Dessert Party booked for October 11th and I am kind of excited about both of those things 😊.

We’re still hoping for our October trip. I’m debating on going ahead and buying our party tickets or waiting... Decisions, lol.
I want Celery to do the Wonderland Tea...but I've decided to not think about any further plans until September. We'll see how the second wave is looking. I don't mind to wear a mask, but I can't go if we have to quarantine for 2 weeks after coming home.

I also REALLY want to stay 2 more nights if we get to go...but I'm not going to book that until September. I've decided if I get to go, I deserve to stay a week. If not, then Oh Well...

I started to post yesterday asking how October people were feeling as time moves along. I was originally avoiding october 2021 due to the 50th but I'm now considering rescheduling for then. It's so hard to predict what this October will be like. I have until late July to make a decision so that gives me a little time.

This has been a very quiet October 2020 thread. I wonder how many of us are just hoping that we are able to take the trip. I know that I will be following reports from people who are going before us. :)

Cautiously optimistic is how I am trying to feel. We are a family that hasn't been in several years, and if the experience are no parades, no fireworks, no character interaction, etc, then we most likely reschedule. I bought MNSSHP tickets for Oct 31st before this pandemic was even a concern. Only thing left to pay for is the DDP+. Fingers crossed 🤞 that the modified experience in October will be higher cleaning standards, but everything else is pretty close to normal or normal.

Cautiously optimistic is a good summary! I had a David's DVC rental at BWV already scheduled for Oct 17-21, and then my May BCV trip with private points rental was rescheduled to Saratoga Springs Oct 21-22 and 24-28 for now. I have a Hilton free night I may use that Friday if the 23rd doesn't open up. I'm concerned about air travel, but for a trip that long we could make the 15 hour drive. I have cancelled our other summer travel, so we're just playing the waiting game along with you all!

We are playing the waiting game for our girls trip, too... we moved it from March. We are hoping the furor will die down a bit by then. We don’t mind if some experiences are unavailable because we’ve been there many times... as long as we can find places to eat, drink, do a few favorites, and chill at the pool, we will be fine. The one big thing I would really miss is the F&W Festival... fingers crossed they don’t cancel it!

Ditto- we moved our Girls Weekend from April to October. Holding out hope that things are somewhat back to "normal" when we go. I don't need character meets, but I would like to do Food and Wine and ride all the attractions that we normally would.

I am so happy to join this group... we went to WDW the second week of March and had to leave so we replaned the second half of our trip in June and now replaned again it now for October 16th-19th.
As i am hopeful this works out, i think about this second wave they say is coming in the fall and how bad it could be.
Yesterday i went to book ASM and the rate was 199. A night thats crazy. So i booked pop at 220.
The crazy part was i looked at rates over Thanksgiving and ASM was 160.

I'm definitely playing the quiet waiting game. We rescheduled our April Disneyland trip for July and I know it'll have to be postponed again I just haven't brought myself to do it yet, so I'm trying to be optimistic about this one! Fingers crossed! But with some of the guidelines coming out for my work and trying to get through the next 5 weeks remotely it's been pretty hard staying optimistic lol.

Hey all. Im on here originally has shades of green. We have been through the ringer with vacation plans. Even before covid we canceled this trip, moved everything to a Southern California disneyland vacation. Then covid happened. And we’ve changed our plans again because we won’t be taking our kiddos this fall. We are planning our big with the kids vacation next fall now. But hubby and I always take a just us trip each year so we are back to Disneyworld and universal this fall!

shades wasn’t available for our dates sadly. So now we are oct 20-25th at Pop century.

When i was replaning my June trip i was thinking September. Then i watched cnn and they think this year will be an active hurricane season. So that was out. We have been in December and it put a hurt on the Holliday bills. So we have never been in October or to MNSSHP so im hoping for good things. I know it is still warm but hopefully tolerable with a mask.
10/16-10/19.

October hours for my trip (Oct 24 to Nov 3rd) for MK just changed. MK closes at 7pm every night, and evening MK hours changed from 8pm to 10pm to 7pm to 9pm. I'm working at the moment so I didn't check the whole month but you should check your park hours when you get a chance.

Last edited:
We are booked for 10/1-10/9 at Ft Wilderness. Hoping to add on a couple more days, we will be driving from Michigan with our new trailer!! Can't wait. Optimistic that the trip will go as we are planning. We will be there even if there is a reduction in shows, fireworks etc...we just got to get ourselves some Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!