Official October 2020 Thread!

Joining this thread! We leave in 15 days for a quick- "not telling anyone we are going because we don't want to hear it trip".. :tiptoe: Getting a little nervous about the ride wait times edging up since Labor Day. Anyone else? Just changed my Brown Derby lunch ressie to a Dinner so we can walk out of the 'empty' park after dinner - after 7 pm.. new experience for us.

I know for us 10/12-10/23 is fall break... our school calendar didn't really change at all.
Yes, these weeks are typically really busy because of school breaks. I expect that they'll be very busy this year as well, especially Columbus Day week. But the good news is that it won't be typical Disney busy due to capacity restrictions, so there's that...

Yes, these weeks are typically really busy because of school breaks. I expect that they'll be very busy this year as well, especially Columbus Day week. But the good news is that it won't be typical Disney busy due to capacity restrictions, so there's that...
As much as I would have loved the walk on ride days we saw in the summer, I cant imagine walking around outside for fun in Orlando heat/ humidity in the summer months. My family was upset about the Halloween party being cancelled are really excited about the trick or treating and haunted houses that were announced at Universal this week, so we have a new plan taking shape after a couple of days at Disney.

As much as I would have loved the walk on ride days we saw in the summer, I cant imagine walking around outside for fun in Orlando heat/ humidity in the summer months. My family was upset about the Halloween party being cancelled are really excited about the trick or treating and haunted houses that were announced at Universal this week, so we have a new plan taking shape after a couple of days at Disney.
We were there in July and again in August and, despite what you may have seen and heard, it really wasn't walk on rides. I mean, the wait times were really great for a lot of things but it wasn't just like you could walk on any ride you wanted whenever you wanted -- so don't feel bad that you missed out on anything because IT WAS REALLY HOT! LOL

Joining this thread! We leave in 15 days for a quick- "not telling anyone we are going because we don't want to hear it trip".. :tiptoe: Getting a little nervous about the ride wait times edging up since Labor Day. Anyone else? Just changed my Brown Derby lunch ressie to a Dinner so we can walk out of the 'empty' park after dinner - after 7 pm.. new experience for us.

WELCOME!! This is us too! We haven't told anyone besides my two friends who travel like we do and have been on trains, planes and automobiles since C19.

Yes we're concerned too. I started rearranging my ressies too but stopped. I've decided to go with the flow and added $60 in the budget for last minute ressie cancellations and $200 for Lyft rides if we just need to get away from WDW to get some good food and go shopping at the outlet. I really think it will be fine. We got such a good deal at OKW that it's no way we would spend the normal cost of a OKW stay plus tickets and dining plan on this trip. Well, there is a way but we won't. LOL!!

I'm just ready to get away.

I'm so flipping excited I don't know what to do. I'm super excited. But I had to come and express my excitement to my DIS fam because my friends and family think I'm wacko for going to Disney as an adult. LOL!! But ya'll UNDERSTAND!! 38 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!:cheer2::cool1::banana:

We are your people, and we fully understand! I'm in the same boat, that I cannot believe that a little October trip worked out for us. I'm so flippin' excited too - for you - for me - for everyone on this thread!
It's so great to have something fun to look forward to! :tigger:

Is it me or is Disney starting to air a lot of commercials?!?!? I was watching the Hallmark channel and started seeing numerous commercials. Tonight I'm watching ESPN and guess what? I'm seeing Disney commercials. Please stop airing commercials until after I return from my vacation. Thank you. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled program.

Is it me or is Disney starting to air a lot of commercials?!?!? I was watching the Hallmark channel and started seeing numerous commercials. Tonight I'm watching ESPN and guess what? I'm seeing Disney commercials. Please stop airing commercials until after I return from my vacation. Thank you. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled program.
I know! right!!??

I'm a little concerned as well. I haven't purchased my park tickets yet. I don't know why. SMH! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make this a resort only visit and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinners at OKW and Disney Springs. Or if I'm going to take the plunge and go to the parks. And I'm laughing at myself because now I understand just resort visits when for years I didn't "get" just resort people. LOL! Like momma always said, "Never say never". LOL!! I'm 90% sure we'll go to the parks. Heck, I'm the cruiser who had a day stop at Coco Beach and paid out the wazoo to go to Disney for the day thru the cruise line. LOL!!

My plans including parks are below. Let me know your thoughts. I found dinner or lunches for everyday because last year when we went to DS for dinner/lunch we couldn't get in anywhere without a 2+ hour wait. So I said if nothing else we will have some place to eat every day. LOL! And I'm also aware OKW, Olivia's cafe is supposed to be pretty tasty. So I'm sure we'll dine there as well.

10/17 Saturday: late afternoon arrival day to OKW, dinner at Maria & Enzos
Sunday: AK, dinner Edison
Monday: Epcot, dinner Ragland Road (I couldn't find time anywhere else. After eating through the world we might cancel this reservation.)
Tuesday: MK, Dinner Morimoto Asia
Wednesday: DHS, Dinner Boathouse
Thursday: Free day probably AK AM to ride FOP just one more time. Late lunch Wine Bar George
Friday: Free day, early lunch 11am Chef Art Smith, close the day out by visiting MK one last time to see the castle and walk Main street.
Saturday: Departure day
I hope you will let us know how the Edison is. We have a ressie there the following Sunday night. i haven't seen any reviews of it since reopening.

DD and I are so excited for a short trip in October. We haven't been in October since 2007. We were just there the end of July and had a wonderful time. I was longing to get back though so I was watching for airfare deals and passholder deals for resorts. Managed to get return flights from MIchigan for $110 each (used credit from cancelled March flight), booked Pop for 2 nights and Royal Pacific at Universal for 2 nights. Going to HS and MK each for 1 day and Universal Studios/IOA for one day then home. We are just so excited for the Halloween Cavalcades, food and decorations and 30% discount on merch with AP Also lucked out and got a trade in to OKW for our timeshare for MId-Winter break in February. Great week for us!

Hey everyone! I used to be way more active on the site but didn't have any plans until June of next year so I took a break from all things disney for a bit. But now we are just ready for a vacation so here I am sucked in. My DS 14 and I are going to be staying at Caribbean Beach (new for us as we are DVC) Oct 22 to the 27th. I'm really hoping some of those fall break crowds will slow down by then!

So who is planning to wear a costume to magic kingdom? I finished my outfit today.

Not costumes, but DS14 actually wants to resurrect our Halloween shirts that we wore in 2016 and 2019! I kind of couldn't believe it when he said he wanted to wear them. So if you see Mom & Max please say hello! (I don't know why the photo is wonky, I am not good at attachments!) Please post costume pics, it's all part of the fun!!! 🎃

IMG_20191008_154751798.jpg

WoW have you seen the new calendar for October. The weekends will be busy!

Not sure what you are looking at. The only weekends that are lacking availability are for APs except Oct 8-17 has no Hollywood Studios availability for anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!