*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

My wife and I have decided to go for that weekend, flying out on Thursday, Sept 30th and camping out really early at MK on the 1st. We rarely do weekend trips because airfare is usually around $2000 for most weekend flights from where we live, but I think we'll make an exception for this one!

This morning, we were all set, guns a-blazin' to plan for this. One family member has thrown a monkey wrench in the Imagineering, so we're waiting to see what's going to be agreed, now.

Last edited:
My sisters and I are planning an October 2021 girls trip. For sure trippers are: Myself, my daughter, My oldest sister, her youngest daughter and my middle sister. Possible add on trippers are my DIL, My oldest sister's oldest daughter and DIL, and my middle sisters two daughters. My DIL is expecting my first grand baby this aril so I'm not sure she will want to come without my son to experience the baby's first trip, and my middle sister is also having her first grand baby this year so I'm not sure my niece and the baby will come either. The others are always just iffy on joining in on things because of work and life so that's why they are on the possible list.
I will most likely be doing most of the planning but will obviously have a lot of input from them, which may get difficult. The good thing is everyone is up for any rides so we only have to worry about things if we do have the littles with us.

My sisters and I are planning an October 2021 girls trip. For sure trippers are: Myself, my daughter, My oldest sister, her youngest daughter and my middle sister. Possible add on trippers are my DIL, My oldest sister's oldest daughter and DIL, and my middle sisters two daughters. My DIL is expecting my first grand baby this aril so I'm not sure she will want to come without my son to experience the baby's first trip, and my middle sister is also having her first grand baby this year so I'm not sure my niece and the baby will come either. The others are always just iffy on joining in on things because of work and life so that's why they are on the possible list.
I will most likely be doing most of the planning but will obviously have a lot of input from them, which may get difficult. The good thing is everyone is up for any rides so we only have to worry about things if we do have the littles with us.
Good luck! Thank goodness most people take care of their own airfare or driving. Makes our jobs as resort and dining coordinator a lot easier.

Hey y’all! I’m currently planning a family trip to WDW in October of 2021 for my sisters 21st birthday and college graduation. We haven’t been in YEARS and we’ve never been to the MNSSHP. None of us have ever stayed on site either. It looks like anywhere between 6-8 of us will be going, but when do vacation packages open up? How does the free dining thing work? Would we be better off booking the rooms separately and then buying the tickets? It was much simpler times when we last went it seems. Any help and tips is MUCH appreciated. I was also wondering when we could get a travel agent for booking 2021?

Free dining is offered with some packages - room and park tickets.
If you're interested in the free dining offer then it wouldn't be better to buy rooms separately from tickets.
Others will know better, but vacation packages usually open up 12 months (?) out. Free dining maybe a little closer.

I wonder if free dining will even be offered with it being the 50th anniversary. We are holding out hope, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

I tried to book a room only today for Sept 28 - Oct 8 2021 and by my calculations I'm at 498 days out from Sept. 28th. She said to call back in like two weeks is that correct? :surfweb:

I tried to book a room only today for Sept 28 - Oct 8 2021 and by my calculations I'm at 498 days out from Sept. 28th. She said to call back in like two weeks is that correct? :surfweb:
By my calculator it's 499 days, but maybe it's by checkout date? Or perhaps their systems are in turmoil due to whatever they're changing.

Booked a split stay Caribbean Beach 9/26-30 and the poly 9/30-10/4. I am so excited it’s our 25th anniversary . I talked DH into club level for the first time.

Ok I called again, and the person was ready to tell me to call back as it is 499 from your check out date :confused3 But as we were talking she was messing with the dates and was able to book our trip, so all is good:thumbsup2:banana:

Ok I called again, and the person was ready to tell me to call back as it is 499 from your check out date :confused3 But as we were talking she was messing with the dates and was able to book our trip, so all is good:thumbsup2:banana:
You can be the first on our roll call! Where are you staying?

I think it's supposed to be 499 from check in. I booked PO Riverside this past Friday for check in on 9/26 - I wasn't able to book split-stay because that check in day isn't until tomorrow (9/30).

Can't Wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!