*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

We're coming down Oct 11-19, so we'll unfortunately be missing the celebration on the 1st due to my wife's work schedule. The original plan was to stay on property, but the plans have exploded and we're now bringing down a total of 14, some of who have never been to WDW before. We'll be renting a house that we're told is about 20 minutes away from the parks, so it will be a different experience for my family. Looking forward to the celebration as well as getting to introduce more family to the magic of Disney.

I’m seriously thinking about booking 9/30-10/4 but I won’t pull the trigger just yet. I will need to decide if we should upgrade our current tickets to APs. Might be worth it if they run deals like they did for the 45th!

I am planning a big family trip in May, but am hoping to get a girls trip together for this!! AKA NO KIDS!!!
Thinking a long weekend like 9/30-10/3.. probably at a value resort, since will be going just a few months earlier.. ahhhh.. now to just get everyone on board!!! :) i wish we had more info!!!
otherwise- I may just go solo???? IDK.. there is a lot of time.. but i need to be there!!!

We can't be there for the actual anniversary due to school schedules but will be there Oct 14-18 at the Poly.
:banana:

My sister and I just canceled a trip planned for this October and plan to rebook for next October as soon as Disney opens those dates up. Planning to stay on site. We'd booked CBR for this trip and may stick with that next year. We'll see.

When I spoke to a CM on Wednesday morning (June 24) I was told they were only booking new reservations through September 26 and to check back later. I logged in this morning and it looks like that is still the case - not showing any rates at any hotels for October 7-11 dates.

hi everyone! I just got my confirmation number linked and updated for Sept 23- Oct 5 2021! I was able to make park reservations for 9/23, 9/24, 9/25, and 9/26. After that all the parks are unbookable. Im hoping park hoppers return and the reservation system goes away before we get there but Im just glad its linked to my MDE now, feels real haha :)

Waiting for Disney to open bookings for the second week of October. I was supposed to go down this year (first time visiting for MNSSHP). Would rather save for 2021 and get the complete experience.. assuming things have returned to normal by then.

So I assume anyone reporting bookings for late September/early October were those who had to postpone trips this year since general bookings arent available yet?

So I assume anyone reporting bookings for late September/early October were those who had to postpone trips this year since general bookings arent available yet?

I actually booked a site only reservation at 499 days out back in May and changed to a package in June when it was annouced for packages. I wasn't planning a trip in 2020 so it wasnt a reschedule if that helps.

We originally booked a late January/early February 2021 trip but decided to postpone with everything going on right now. Tentatively planning for October 16-23. It's a big family trip (and my son's first one!) so we're hoping they've eased some of the restrictions by then. I've never been to MNSSHP and hope it'll be back next year!

Not quite sure where we'll stay yet. We own at Bay Lake Tower so will start by booking there. I love trying other DVC resorts but I'm not sure how availability will be with the 50th anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!