***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for all Flights of Passage FP+ to be booked for days 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64? Going on August 21st and no availability for our whole trip!

Is it normal for all Flights of Passage FP+ to be booked for days 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64? Going on August 21st and no availability for our whole trip!

Unfortunately, I had this problem too when I booked my FP last Saturday for August 16-19. I was pretty disappointed because I had been following other people's experiences, and mostly everyone was able to get something at either 60 or 61 days as long as they booked right at 7 AM. I was online at 7 AM on the dot, and I couldn't get anything at all for day 60, 61, or 62, and I even tried booking for just 1 person at a time. I could get a 6 PM FP on day 63, but we'll be on a Disney cruise at that time.

Trying for my second day 30 day FP+....nothing for FOP. River of Lights also goes pretty fast. I was lucky to get if for my first day. Time for FOP wait, 160, when I checked in the afternoon. I guess we will be standing in line. The word has been that the standby line is pretty awesome to see and folks recommend going through at least once. I also got NRJ, so I'm happy with that as well. :offtopic:Why is Peter Pan's Flight always so booked up, just don't know why that one is always so popular?

So I know that if we want to rope drop FOP we need to get there around 6:30-6:45 for the 8 am opening, and probably the most efficient way to do this is an Uber. Anyone know if there is a surcharge on Ubers in the am? I thought between PPO ADRs and now this there was a chance there could be...

I was able to book FOP at 60 days out right at 7 a.m. (last Wednesday). I took the advice of Touring Plans and immediately looked at the mid-to-later part of my trip first so as to get the most available time slots. I was able to get an evening FP half way through my trip. By the time I was done I looked at the beginning of my trip and they were gone already.

So I know that if we want to rope drop FOP we need to get there around 6:30-6:45 for the 8 am opening, and probably the most efficient way to do this is an Uber. Anyone know if there is a surcharge on Ubers in the am? I thought between PPO ADRs and now this there was a chance there could be...
We have never paid a surcharge in the AM, though we use Lyft

I was able to book FOP at 60 days out right at 7 a.m. (last Wednesday). I took the advice of Touring Plans and immediately looked at the mid-to-later part of my trip first so as to get the most available time slots. I was able to get an evening FP half way through my trip. By the time I was done I looked at the beginning of my trip and they were gone already.
So what ended up as the lowest day of your trip you found the FP? 64? Higher? Lower?

It seems to be. I'm only going for three days and there was nothing for the first two days at all and the third day the earliest was 7pm when we would have already left so couldn't use that. I've been trying to get one by going into my fast passes every so often to see if anyone dropped a FOP. So far nothing, but it doesn't hurt to try looking. I've heard others have been lucky.

I have added some plants and animals to the first post. As I get more info I will try to update that.

Thanks Ryan - that is really helpful. I was looking online at one point and hard to find good descriptions or pictures of the plants and animals in Pandora (you will see lists of names and stuff, but not specifically matched up to what you see in the park)

I know there are also those creatures in the pond that squirt water but I can't find the name of them online (so not a lot of help, I know)

Trying for my second day 30 day FP+....nothing for FOP. River of Lights also goes pretty fast. I was lucky to get if for my first day. Time for FOP wait, 160, when I checked in the afternoon. I guess we will be standing in line. The word has been that the standby line is pretty awesome to see and folks recommend going through at least once. I also got NRJ, so I'm happy with that as well. :offtopic:Why is Peter Pan's Flight always so booked up, just don't know why that one is always so popular?

I definitely think the queue for FoP is worth seeing and even having now done it I would definitely wait ~hour to do it again. And I didn't find the queue for the River Ride to be anything special (at least in comparison) so not missing anything there by FPing it

As for Peter Pan - it is a low capacity ride and a "unique" dark ride due to being suspended. I also think it is one of those with "snowball popularity" - that is, word get around that it is popular so people want to be sure they get to ride it so that increases demand and then people freak out that they won't get to ride so really increases demand for both FP and at rope drop (thus, snowballing the impact).

Thanks Ryan - that is really helpful. I was looking online at one point and hard to find good descriptions or pictures of the plants and animals in Pandora (you will see lists of names and stuff, but not specifically matched up to what you see in the park)

I know there are also those creatures in the pond that squirt water but I can't find the name of them online (so not a lot of help, I know)
Yes I can't find the names of those creatures on the water either. I also couldn't find the name of the big blue ball plant.

It was 240 minutes yesterday morning when we were there, but back down to 120 or something by the afternoon. I think the rope drop/get there early strategy is failing people as that was the longest wait!

It's been like this over in Universal Studios for Forbidden Journey for ages (or at least during the whole time I had an annual pass - May 2015 to 2016). If you were at the front of the crowd for early entry, it was a walk on. If you miss that by 10 mins (we did one morning), you're looking at about a 45 min wait (after 20 mins, we just made it to the greenhouse!) and the lines just climb after that. After 2pm or so, I would notice a dip in the wait times. The last 1-2 hours of the night, the ride is usually a walk-on.

So what ended up as the lowest day of your trip you found the FP? 64? Higher? Lower?

There was far more availability towards the end of our trip. We were able to get FOP at 63 days out for the evening (party of 4). We could've gotten it after 63, too, with more time slots throughout the day available but we had other park days planned. We will go to AK twice in this trip: day 1 and day 4. We'll ride Na'vi River Journey on day 1, and FOP day 4. FOP wasn't available at all for our first day which is why I chose Na'vi River Journey. It took me about an hour to book all 6 days worth of FP's so by the time I finished, time slots for FOP & River Journey were falling off pretty quickly. Glad that I secured FOP fist thing!

We used Uber to AK on Pandora opening day at around 5:50AM. No surcharge. Only waited a couple minute for our drive.

:wizard:

The only change to the fp rules has been the ability to book a 4th fp using the app, but only after you have used the first three fps. You can book the 4th fp for any park. But you have to use all three fps in your current park before switching to another park.

There are a couple of great FP related threads that will give some great info on what's going on with FP now. There have been lots of changes and a couple of stratagies can come in to play for FP and hopping.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337501
https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...al-tier-1-booking-fps-for-long-stays.3538258/

Thank you both for your thoughts. And tanks for the links, Angi. :thumbsup2

Our summer plans got changed up and now we are planning a last minute trip to Orlando. WDW wasn't even on my radar for this summer and now I'm trying to determine if we should attempt AK on not? If so, we would be there in 20 days.
Our kids are 22 and 16 so we can get up early if needed.
Can we do it, or should we wait for another trip when I can plan ahead better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter