***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably already been posted but here are 2 pics I grabbed yesterday from the walkway heading into Pandora. These were taken right in front of FOTLK theater, so the theater is behind me. The building you see are the restrooms
17202863_10212526311138556_8689132524042885899_n.jpg

17264162_10212526311218558_3514844117041438524_n.jpg

I have a question for wizened old (and young) speculators out there!

First, I literally just got back from Orlando this morning. DW and I had six days at the parks over the last two weeks. Lots of fun. :)

Something just came up and I may be returning to Orlando with one of my 20-something kids over Memorial Day weekend. So I am trying to figure out an AK plan. This particular kid has never been to WDW and will have greater interest in thrill rides. So we will not be going for a more thorough WDW experience. But I want to do one day in each park.

Here is my question. The flight I like does not get into MCO until nearly 11PM which means a very late bed time on the first night. Couple that with a two hour time change from Colorado and this makes me not want to hit a park early or hard on the first full day (Day #1). So I am considering an easy half day on Day #1 in the afternoon (yay FP+) then a full park day starting on Day #2. Where should we go on that half day #1?

:wizard:

I would consider Hollywood Studios. If you mainly want to hit thrill rides, especially.

On May 24th, AK has a 3:30 closing time. I'd assume the media event is that night. We were originally going to have that as our AK day but switched to May 25th.

I noticed this when I looked at the schedule a couple days ago. I booked this trip the day before they announced the opening date. I plan to go to AK on May 21st and then stay away the rest of the week :) . It is going to be a crazy week for this park!

Last edited:
that recent video has no audio. Glad it showed a little more of that boat ride. Wonder how many animatrontics will be there. I love Pirates andSplash as there's soo many animatronics. The only animatrontic I see is that lady character. Curious if the boat ride will have a slide and I hope it's a decent length..not too short.

Wow, I LOVE AVATAR! I am super excited about this new land Pandora, particularly being in Animal Kingdom. :yay::hippie::butterfly. Only problem is we're going end of April so will miss it this year. :oops: BUT, I did see some hope for soft openings possibly in April while we were there if you were DVC/AP owners?? Maybe just a rumor. I would most definitely opt for an AP for even a nice walk through Pandora.

Last edited:
@cigar95 has info and Pandora trial runs may begin as early as next month for AP and DVC guests.

I was hoping to be at WDW in early April but now it's early May. I'm hoping to be at AK May 9th and am not an AP or DVC guest...are my chances at a soft opening preview at less than 1%????

I was hoping to be at WDW in early April but now it's early May. I'm hoping to be at AK May 9th and am not an AP or DVC guest...are my chances at a soft opening preview at less than 1%????
I would say greater than 1%. That's a lot of help, I know. :)

Keep watching this thread because @rteetz, @cigar95, and hopefully @FastPasser will be posting info as soon as it becomes available.

There's always a chance. We once were in DL a few weeks before Indiana Jones (the ride) was set to open. We walked out of Fantasyland through the Castle and saw a line wrapping out of Adventureland and almost to Casey's!

So cool - everyone who was of the correct height was allowed in line. The CM even called another CM over to measure our younger daughter and she was tall enough! A great memory to not only ride Indy on a soft open but to have Indy be the first "big girl" ride for younger DD!:)

I would say greater than 1%. That's a lot of help, I know. :)

Keep watching this thread because @rteetz, @cigar95, and hopefully @FastPasser will be posting info as soon as it becomes available.

There's always a chance. We once were in DL a few weeks before Indiana Jones (the ride) was set to open. We walked out of Fantasyland through the Castle and saw a line wrapping out of Adventureland and almost to Casey's!

So cool - everyone who was of the correct height was allowed in line. The CM even called another CM over to measure our younger daughter and she was tall enough! A great memory to not only ride Indy on a soft open but to have Indy be the first "big girl" ride for younger DD!:)

Haha! Ok...I'll keep my hopes up that it's more than 1% but still not get them too high!!!!

That sounds so cool to get to experience the soft opening of Indiana Jones and be the first big girl ride! How fun!!

I'll definitely be following this thread until, and during, our trip!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread!

Great job finding the map - that's the first one I've seen with that much detail.

Hard to tell where the entrance is for 'Flight', unless it's coincident with the exit. (The latter, surprisingly, leads to the gift shop!)

Looks like four separate banks of banshees, which I see was described as "Soarin ride" :magnify:. Hope that helps with capacity.

This is from older original plans - but maybe the detail can help.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

So excited. Im having major anxiety trying to plan our fp+'s now:fish: We'll be in the parks June 12th-21st. We make fast passes in a few weeks. We are AP holders. Im really hoping to book at least the Navi River Journey. Hope they don't tier, but I would think that will be a must or Pandora will have every guest in the park and it will be a hot mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter